Epic Perfect World

10x Teleacoustics for 50 silver

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
10x per 50 silver won't help, I already know some people who got thousands of teles, and they spam WC all the time. :c

Antihero

In regards to GMs:

Problem is - If GMs are lenient, don't mute ASAP etc, then people get mad, hate on them for not doing their job, rage etc.
However - If GMs do their job, ban/mute people, shut all the big mouths up, then get hated on, people get mad, makes life on game hell for them, come back raging on alts, get friends to rage etc etc.

Im not saying the GMs shy away from this, I know this is their job, it's just a hard balance to find and a tough situation to be in. I'm not saying they should ignore and let people trash talk til the cows come home, for fear of people hating or whatever. Just put yourself in their shoes from time to time. They effective babysit x by 100 amount of people on a daily basis. It's gonna be hard to keep everyone under control 24/7.

(inb4 GM asskisser blah blah blah, because somehow, being empathetic and having GM friends makes you an asskisser :x)

Back to the main point though. Raising teles won't stop trashtalk.

Dis guy said it all.

Of course people are going to be mad if the GMs don't enforce the rules they were recruited to enforce. Some people want to enjoy a nice gaming experience without having to put up with a bunch of childish nonsense. I know that blacklisting has been brought up, but let's forget that exists because GMs have a job to do and I see no reason to give them an excuse or easy out to not do it. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to mute people over ever little comment that is made. I believe that some drama is essential for the life of the community. However, when I have to watch people get away with making racist remarks, bashing gays, and spamming vulgar language in world chat for two hours... well yeah, I think mutes and bans are long overdue.

You talk about people getting mad and making life hell for the GMs because they were muted/banned. Why should the GMs fear that if their action was justified? All people can do is be angry and spam world chat/PMs until they get muted again. If I'm not mistaken, circumventing punishment by creating a new character/account is against the rules. There is such thing as an IP ban if things get too out of hand. Their friends can get muted and banned too if they want to be cute. They chose to break the rules, and therefore chose to deal with the consequences. Looking the other way and hoping the problem disappears isn't doing anyone any favors.

I feel compelled to mention that I have been in their shoes. While I turned down being an in-game GM due to the amount of crap I knew I'd have to put up with, I took on the job of a forum moderator on Dragon Network in its earlier days. I quickly found out that wasn't any easier. I would close threads because of drama, then I would have to lock the threads people would make to whine about their original threads getting locked. I didn't have the power to ban anyone, and I got absolutely no help from the admin despite the numerous emails I sent. I put in a lot of effort in a lot of different ways for that server and its players, even sacrificing friendships and relationships, only for someone to pay Dina@/NIMDA/whatever the hell it calls itself to fire me. I trust that these GMs don't have to worry about Agatio doing something like that, so I don't know what the problem is.

vlntbty

Agreed. <3

Of course people are going to be mad if the GMs don't enforce the rules they were recruited to enforce. Some people want to enjoy a nice gaming experience without having to put up with a bunch of childish nonsense. I know that blacklisting has been brought up, but let's forget that exists because GMs have a job to do and I see no reason to give them an excuse or easy out to not do it. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to mute people over ever little comment that is made. I believe that some drama is essential for the life of the community. However, when I have to watch people get away with making racist remarks, bashing gays, and spamming vulgar language in world chat for two hours... well yeah, I think mutes and bans are long overdue.

You talk about people getting mad and making life hell for the GMs because they were muted/banned. Why should the GMs fear that if their action was justified? All people can do is be angry and spam world chat/PMs until they get muted again. If I'm not mistaken, circumventing punishment by creating a new character/account is against the rules. There is such thing as an IP ban if things get too out of hand. Their friends can get muted and banned too if they want to be cute. They chose to break the rules, and therefore chose to deal with the consequences. Looking the other way and hoping the problem disappears isn't doing anyone any favors.

I feel compelled to mention that I have been in their shoes. While I turned down being an in-game GM due to the amount of crap I knew I'd have to put up with, I took on the job of a forum moderator on Dragon Network in its earlier days. I quickly found out that wasn't any easier. I would close threads because of drama, then I would have to lock the threads people would make to whine about their original threads getting locked. I didn't have the power to ban anyone, and I got absolutely no help from the admin despite the numerous emails I sent. I put in a lot of effort in a lot of different ways for that server and its players, even sacrificing friendships and relationships, only for someone to pay Dina@/NIMDA/whatever the hell it calls itself to fire me. I trust that these GMs don't have to worry about Agatio doing something like that, so I don't know what the problem is.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks

Nice post. I agree as well. I wasn't excusing GMs.
Was more just a shoutout to those who say GMs do nothing, just to remember that they may not have any idea what is happening behind the scenes.
But I agree that two hours is far too long for drama to continue without mutes or bans or even an acknowledgement that the problem is being handled.

You talk about people getting mad and making life hell for the GMs because they were muted/banned. Why should the GMs fear that if their action was justified? All people can do is be angry and spam world chat/PMs until they get muted again.

A lot more can be done and I've seen it happen. It's sad but people can be really aggressive and abusive over games. Since the GMs aren't meant to have normal chars, this is their game time. While it may be a job, it should still be a reasonably enjoyable experience and sometimes, players can make it terrible.

Anyways, I've gone off topic ^_^

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
Hi,

I think it's time to increase once again the prices of teleacoustics  :normal-20:. I appreciate the GM's job, but I really closed World Chat for now  :normal-19: :normal-20:. Higher prices will definitely reduce the trash talk and drama in WC. I know, it's impossible to stop it, and it's okay to have a debate about a territory war, but do you remember the "#Swaggs" issue? Spammed WC for 2 hours, because GM's can't be 24/7 online. And people use this opportunity because they've time and nothing better to do and the teleacoustics are cheap. Tbh, I think 50 Silver = 10x teleacoustics is fair enough. People will think twice before shouting on WC.

Thank you.
no LOL . i dont trash talk but i want to buy and sell items so i need telecoustic ..... everyone needs it . if u want to make it 50 silver = x10 telecoustic LEAVE THIS SERVER . ppl wont have enough ec or gold to but it ..... ok u are rich thats why u want to make it 50 silver = x10  telecoustic plz think about others too man , ur not the only one who play this .

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
this post makes me sick   :rolleyes:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Hi,

I think it's time to increase once again the prices of teleacoustics  :normal-20:. I appreciate the GM's job, but I really closed World Chat for now  :normal-19: :normal-20:. Higher prices will definitely reduce the trash talk and drama in WC. I know, it's impossible to stop it, and it's okay to have a debate about a territory war, but do you remember the "#Swaggs" issue? Spammed WC for 2 hours, because GM's can't be 24/7 online. And people use this opportunity because they've time and nothing better to do and the teleacoustics are cheap. Tbh, I think 50 Silver = 10x teleacoustics is fair enough. People will think twice before shouting on WC.

Thank you.

How about we go with a solution that doesn't *** over every player on the server who uses worldchat for normal reasons.

Perhaps get rid of the trashtalking group, the vast majority of it comes from the same small group of people anyway. Mute them permanently & ban their main accounts if they bypass it with alts, problem solved.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
It won't happen sorry.
As it was said before the people use tele's for the most diferent reasons, not only trashtalk.