Epic Perfect World

Skill updates

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
Besides events and other stuff, Sirens of War brought to PWI many changes in skills
http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=746891

I wonder if we could have these updates here (of course some changes would be needed like removing blessings from some classes as they'll be buffed)
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
They already MADE those skill changes

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Syn

Are you sure? I didn't check all the skills, but cleric's ultraviolet stance still requires 15 chi to cast

Edit: it seems all the mystic and cleric skills are changed as it says on the patch, but violet dance which shouldnt require chi and should restore 10% of max hp, and demon thunderball which should be 9 seconds, not 12, though the weapon damage has a been changed correctly. I guess this is a PWI issue right?
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2013, 06:31 pm by Foxb0ss, Reason: more info
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
Not all changes were implemented, to keep classes balanced, as per Agatio's posts regarding SoW update.

Offline Syn

That's quite funny, "to keep classes balanced", if he really wanted balance he should remove R8 recast
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
That's quite funny, "to keep classes balanced", if he really wanted balance he should remove R8 recast

Yeah... considering the cost of getting anything remotely decent on r8 I'd say they are balanced. I'm close to 90K spent on my sin's r8, and I have nothing remotely decent to show for it, and I spent over 135k on my seeker before he had something worth keeping.

Offline Syn

R8 recast allows people to get insane amounts of aps/ct with a lot of luck/donating. So yeah, besides donators being overpowered and already breaking the balance of the game, classes such as sins benefit more from high amounts of aps than other melee classes, or the same with eas and ct (they got a blessing they don't need and just makes them more op if they go full ct).

As Agatio will probably not remove R8, the only solution I find to this is capping interval and casting time, but he knows many people will get pissed so he won't do it lol...
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Are you sure? I didn't check all the skills, but cleric's ultraviolet stance still requires 15 chi to cast

Edit: it seems all the mystic and cleric skills are changed as it says on the patch, but violet dance which shouldnt require chi and should restore 10% of max hp, and demon thunderball which should be 9 seconds, not 12, though the weapon damage has a been changed correctly. I guess this is a PWI issue right?

Ummm.... o_O ultraviolet dance doesn't require any chi at all... maybe ur talking about violet dance... but for me it doesn't o.o

And it recovers HP, if ur HP is low not full -.- after u cast it ur hp is recovering faster.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
R8 recast allows people to get insane amounts of aps/ct with a lot of luck/donating. So yeah, besides donators being overpowered and already breaking the balance of the game, classes such as sins benefit more from high amounts of aps than other melee classes, or the same with eas and ct (they got a blessing they don't need and just makes them more op if they go full ct).

As Agatio will probably not remove R8, the only solution I find to this is capping interval and casting time, but he knows many people will get pissed so he won't do it lol...
Yea... the blessing for ea's... helps a LOT. without it, it would take about 12 years to channel take aim. also, about sins being op with aps, ever been hit by a 5 aps (claw) or 4.0 aps GoF (poleaxe) barb, with Blood rush on? it puts sins to shame. For the most part, stuff is okay as-is. The game isn't made to be where every class can have a 100% chance to kill all of the other classes, one class will always shit on another, but they also have a class that can take them out (If the other class is well played) The Sow skills were already implemented as stated before, but there were certain bonuses that were kept out to keep a certain level of fairness
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Any class is as OP as the player is. Sure dealing with certain classes is more annoying, but they die all the same if the person controlling those classes have no idea what to do with them. Things are fine as they are.

Offline Syn

Ummm.... o_O ultraviolet dance doesn't require any chi at all... maybe ur talking about violet dance... but for me it doesn't o.o

And it recovers HP, if ur HP is low not full -.- after u cast it ur hp is recovering faster.

Oh snap, I thought violet and ultraviolet was the same skill... is ultraviolet like an improved version of violet dance?

Quote from: Timention
without it, it would take about 12 years to channel take aim.
oh yeah great idea, let's give a -10% ct blessing to mystics too because absorb soul takes 5 seconds to channel.

Quote from: Timention
ever been hit by a 5 aps (claw) or 4.0 aps GoF (poleaxe) barb, with Blood rush on? it puts sins to shame.
Could be a valid point if I saw more 5 aps/ GoF barbs in the server. People isn't stupid, those barbs might hit a whole bunch but they don't have as much control over the enemy as a sin can have, that's what I meant by sins having an advantage when it's possible to get a lot of interval. So yeah, if they were so op more people would play them, that's how it works, and right now server is full of sins xD
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor

^ This.

Violet dance is the lower lvl skill. Ultraviolet Dance is the higher skill, Which is the one that cost no chi. and over all this topic is about skills not about r8 :-X

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Oh snap, I thought violet and ultraviolet was the same skill... is ultraviolet like an improved version of violet dance?
Ultraviolet is the improved skill version. There are several skills like this: Sublime Transfusion, Archangels of Justice, both mage Reversions, Blade Tornado, Soul Shatter and a few more I can't remember the name of. Each of these are better than the "Lv1" skills.

Offline Syn

^ This.

Violet dance is the lower lvl skill. Ultraviolet Dance is the higher skill, Which is the one that cost no chi. and over all this topic is about skills not about r8 :-X
any idea of where can I get it?
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
All of the advanced skills are from the Universe Chests in the vote shop for 2 gold or from the Ares event (21%? chance of getting a skill from the chests). If you go on Ecatomb, click the Morai Skills and click Max/Sage/Demon and it will show you the name of the advanced skill.