How About an Ascended Dragon Helm?

Panda_monium

I didnt like

just...shoo. go away.
crawl back into your cave pls

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
pretty soon people are gunna want ascended dragon magic/might rings.

thats only if this does pass through tho
We already have the ascended rings though, that's part of the point of this thread, there's an ascended everything but the helm available, so why not have it put in.

Panda_monium

We already have the ascended rings though, that's part of the point of this thread, there's an ascended everything but the helm available, so why not have it put in.
I really wouldn't mind it if the helm was added. It would help to finish of r8 gear imo.
If you don't want to lose a dragon set bonus, don't upgrade it  :-X

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I really wouldn't mind it if the helm was added. It would help to finish of r8 gear imo.
If you don't want to lose a dragon set bonus, don't upgrade it  :-X

Or... As I suggested, if you have an ascended dragon cape, make a set bonus equivalent (or roughly close to) to what you lose if you ascend the helm (Since most ascended gear has Def lvls on it already if you take the 5 Def lvls on Ascended Dragon Cape, and the likely 5 Def lvls on an ascended helm, add a 2 piece set bonus of 10-15 def lvls, and nothing is lost from set bonus, and you get the added stats from ascended gear.). Plus, it's already been stated, if you have ascended supreme robe, then offer a third option for a supreme helm, Like have it start off as an ascended dragon helm, then be able to upgrade it again for a supreme version (somewhere along the lines of 500 ST, and 10 SoW PLUS having the ascended helm already) for an even better set bonus. I like both options personally.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Panda_monium

Or... As I suggested, if you have an ascended dragon cape, make a set bonus equivalent (or roughly close to) to what you lose if you ascend the helm (Since most ascended gear has Def lvls on it already if you take the 5 Def lvls on Ascended Dragon Cape, and the likely 5 Def lvls on an ascended helm, add a 2 piece set bonus of 10-15 def lvls, and nothing is lost from set bonus, and you get the added stats from ascended gear.). Plus, it's already been stated, if you have ascended supreme robe, then offer a third option for a supreme helm, Like have it start off as an ascended dragon helm, then be able to upgrade it again for a supreme version (somewhere along the lines of 500 ST, and 10 SoW PLUS having the ascended helm already) for an even better set bonus. I like both options personally.
+9000

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

Having to upgrade it a 2nd time at that price for a few extra stats isn't even worth the time. A simple small upgrade from the current dragon helmet will be enough.

And a set bonus of 10-15 DEF levels is too much. 5 is fine for either DEF or ATTK levels.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Deference

• Fucboi
Having to upgrade it a 2nd time at that price for a few extra stats isn't even worth the time. A simple small upgrade from the current dragon helmet will be enough.

And a set bonus of 10-15 DEF levels is too much. 5 is fine for either DEF or ATTK levels.
(^:

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.

An additional set bonus offered for having both Ascended Supreme Cape and a Supreme Helm might very well be worth it depending on what it might be. For example: If they offer different set bonuses for each of the 3 types of helms. Such as adding extra Atk Lvls for HA Supreme Helm (allowing HA classes to be a little more damaging without having to sacrifice survivability). Extra Def Lvls for LA, allowing a little extra survivability without losing the ability to put out top quality DD. And maybe reducing cool down timers (Say something like 10% cool down reduction on skills) for AA allowing for a little better casting rotations without making all AA players instacast, would be worth it in a lot of people's opinions ( I'm assuming at any rate)

If it's only 5 atk/def lvls, then you lose out on some of non ascended set bonus (And thats even calculating the added atk/def lvls from the ascended gear) so it defeats the purpose since the added stats would not be equivalent to losing atk/def lvls no matter how you slice it. Remember the original argument against this idea was because it would negate the end line set bonus from standard dragon gear.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
Making people work for two helmets just isn't worth it. Some people don't even want the first helmet. A second helmet with more stats is not needed. PK is pretty crazy as it is, introducing a new helmet was suggested as everything else is replaceable. A few minor changes are all that is needed for the new helmet.

An additional set bonus offered for having both Ascended Supreme Cape and a Supreme Helm might very well be worth it depending on what it might be. For example: If they offer different set bonuses for each of the 3 types of helms. Such as adding extra Atk Lvls for HA Supreme Helm (allowing HA classes to be a little more damaging without having to sacrifice survivability). Extra Def Lvls for LA, allowing a little extra survivability without losing the ability to put out top quality DD. And maybe reducing cool down timers (Say something like 10% cool down reduction on skills) for AA allowing for a little better casting rotations without making all AA players instacast, would be worth it in a lot of people's opinions ( I'm assuming at any rate)

If it's only 5 atk/def lvls, then you lose out on some of non ascended set bonus (And thats even calculating the added atk/def lvls from the ascended gear) so it defeats the purpose since the added stats would not be equivalent to losing atk/def lvls no matter how you slice it. Remember the original argument against this idea was because it would negate the end line set bonus from standard dragon gear.
Increase the refined HP slightly and possibly the HP stat (or swap it for another one), bump up the addon stat a bit (STR/DEX/MAG depending on helm by like 10~20?)

As for the complaints about the APS set bonus.
Why should you be able to increase your overall stats while keeping your fast APS? You sacrifice one for the other.

Make two types of helm if possible:

One that will give a set bonus of +5 DEF level when used with the Ascended Dragon Cape

and another that will give a set bonus of +5 ATTK level when used with the Ascended Supreme Robe

If this helm idea is even considered, don't make it too pricy on tokens.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
The only classes that get any set bonuses from having the current helms are those that want the interval from the LA set. No one else gets any bonuses for having the helm so why would it make any difference. Personally, like Chicabomb has said before, Ascended Dragon should go for def levels and Ascended Supreme go for atk levels. I don't think they need to complect, but having the atk/def level stats on the helm is enough, if people don't want to lose out on interval, then they don't upgrade, simple as that. As for making the supreme helm on top of the dragon helm, that would be more costly and time consuming than the robe itself; You can pay a bit more to make the supreme helm or pay less to make the dragon, it would be more than enough (And don't forget that the Ascended Dragon also gives more HP than the Supreme; so most likely this would also be the case for the helms).

Antihero

The problem with adding an Ascended Dragon helmet is that people are going to start asking for Ascended Dragon accessories, plates, wrists, legs, and boots. While new toys are always fun, the potential blow to balance this might cause is not. Assuming that issue would be worked out, people are going to get tired of doing the same thing over and over again to farm for mats. Not that this isn't the case already, but that's not going to help. Not that it can be avoided. The developers haven't really delivered much new content, and being that private servers are dependent on them that leaves us at even more of a disadvantage.

Long story short, I vote no. We shouldn't add new gear just for the sake of doing it.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
The problem with adding an Ascended Dragon helmet is that people are going to start asking for Ascended Dragon accessories, plates, wrists, legs, and boots. While new toys are always fun, the potential blow to balance this might cause is not. Assuming that issue would be worked out, people are going to get tired of doing the same thing over and over again to farm for mats. Not that this isn't the case already, but that's not going to help. Not that it can be avoided. The developers haven't really delivered much new content, and being that private servers are dependent on them that leaves us at even more of a disadvantage.

Long story short, I vote no. We shouldn't add new gear just for the sake of doing it.

I can see where you're coming from, but we already have endgame accessories in the form of the Dragonscale and Cube neck and the Warsong belt and R8 as the endgame armor. I honestly don't think 5 atk or def levels and a bit more HP will be a blow to balance, just a little something to work for.

Offline IWTK

That is a good idea from poster. Make the ascended helm paired with the ascended supreme robe for a set bonus such as atk/def lvl 5+.
only thing how to get this implemented in game?
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • Retired
  • Retired
There are enough players that tank half server. You think that adding even more defence will really help?:)
You say that Helm + ascended dragon helm = xtra 5 atk lv/def => Supreme robe ascended will be useless with it's 5 atk lvl,if the dragon one will give 5 def and atk lvl + the cape in it's way 5 def level,way better then ascended.
Is just a way to give to people more damage/more defence. I am honestly sick of WBs vit full defence level (Adorkable/BigBaetFagrid) that can tank 1 squad. You think that will balance? No.
Retired GM. Inf has been MIA for a while now and GMs can not update/patch the game