Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should old bronze coins have a timer before picking becomes free for all?

Yes.
50 (73.5%)
No.
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Old Bronze Coin drops.

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
I stopped reading the comments, because I got cancer from the people who don't seem to understand what Feo is saying. The timer would be for the person whoever killed whatever the OBC dropped from. It would not defeat the purpose of NS. The purpose of NS is a gamble. You go in farm EC and will have to defend yourself to stay alive if someone attacks you. Going in and stealing drops from something/someone you did not kill is not the purpose of NS. That's just you being lazy. Yes I agree we need this for people like slickZ or other barbs who have a crapload of HP run around in tiger/panda mode stealing ec drops. That's not the purpose of NS that's under the category of trolling. (I would know *cough*) Let me move that file because it was put in the wrong place.

I thought the purpose of ns was to farm ( Make ec ) And to pvp. I dont read anywhere, you must only farm what you kill. Making ec is the purpose of ns, regardless of the method used to attain it. So doing this reduces that way by 1.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline Lyra

• Haters gonna hate!
So from wha ti got its simple and people are taking it the wrong way.
what feo suggested is not a timer for the item itself but a timer for the person who kils.
for example, im in NS with feo and Aelxypk...feo kills me and i drop 2 Bronze ec's...the timer will activate so that feo CAN pick the drop and Aelxypk CAN'T...
this way people won't steal a drop that actually belongs to a person who had the effort to kill someone.

kinda makes sense to me  :rolleyes:
need to wait and see what Agatio decides though ^^

My response now would be, what if you have several people attacking the person? Lets say, for the sake of argument, a sage cata barb. ALL worked just as equally hard to get the kill but with this timer only the kill shot gets the chance to get the coins. In my opinion, that's not fair. It should be equal chance for all those involved.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
My response now would be, what if you have several people attacking the person? Lets say, for the sake of argument, a sage cata barb. ALL worked just as equally hard to get the kill but with this timer only the kill shot gets the chance to get the coins. In my opinion, that's not fair. It should be equal chance for all those involved.

Make a squad?  :rolleyes:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
If you work together: make a squad, it's what most do anyway.

If you're not working together then why is whoever took the last hit (pretty random) worse than whoever gets to the OBC first?

If someone steals your kill, stunlock/kill them. At least it's less likely than the ridiculous amounts of hard to stop classes just looking to ninja ec from other peoples fights. Mostly sins with their tidal or really tanky classes.

The timer itself: I think even 10 seconds would be plenty. Just enough for a range class to walk from max range to the drop & pick it before some other random runs in to steal it. 

If you want to be an EC thief that'll still be possible. You'll just have to actually attack the person who made the kill to do so, makes sense no?

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.

You sir... YOU... Are my new hero!

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Zeek Knight

• Hmm?
  • Don't give up. Try harder.
  • Characters: Shidou,Karmine,Pantastic
  • Faction: ThaClick
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't farm in NS anymore because every time I do, 5 different people attack and try to kill me. Recently I restated to Vit Barb and haven't had much trouble getting away with my EC, however, not everyone can/will do that. So I agree that some method should be implemented, but, at the same time NS can only hold so many farmers. The next thing people will be whining about, is how they're unable to farm in NS due to large numbers of others trying to farm. So while this is a good idea, it would only leave us with another problem. So I will hold my vote for now.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't farm in NS anymore because every time I do, 5 different people attack and try to kill me. Recently I restated to Vit Barb and haven't had much trouble getting away with my EC, however, not everyone can/will do that. So I agree that some method should be implemented, but, at the same time NS can only hold so many farmers. The next thing people will be whining about, is how they're unable to farm in NS due to large numbers of others trying to farm. So while this is a good idea, it would only leave us with another problem. So I will hold my vote for now.

I really don't see how this would affect farming AT ALL. 

If you kill a farmer they still drop OBC.

If you kill a crystal they still drop OBC.

The only thing that would change is that if you kill someone some random idiot can't run off with the EC the farmer drops / random idiot can't run for the crystal's drop before you pick up.

Offline Zeek Knight

• Hmm?
  • Don't give up. Try harder.
  • Characters: Shidou,Karmine,Pantastic
  • Faction: ThaClick
The amount of players farming in NS will increase, while the crystal respawn stays the same, eventually leaving people waiting there to try and tab onto a crystal to kill it as fast as possible.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
i talked with Agatio about this and the news aren't so good :/
apparently the coins have the same timer as any other, but for some reason it isn't working.
the drop from the crystal is free but from person it should have the same 30 seconds.
he said he will try to search and find the problem but no promises.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
The amount of players farming in NS will increase, while the crystal respawn stays the same, eventually leaving people waiting there to try and tab onto a crystal to kill it as fast as possible.

Thats how it is now, this wouldnt change the farming at NS in the least!

Offline Lyra

• Haters gonna hate!

Most squads in NS are set on free mode. Which still sets it to only one person guaranteed to get them.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Most squads in NS are set on free mode. Which still sets it to only one person guaranteed to get them.

How is that in any way relevant to this suggestion?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict

their choice then  :rolleyes:
theres a random choice too, i can't control people beeing greedy and not share drops.
can pick and split aswell.
why everything people need to find only objections? why not think on solutions?  :rolleyes:

Panda_monium

this is what i think Feo feels like...

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player

this is what i think Feo feels like...

I just lost my sh*t right there!