Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should old bronze coins have a timer before picking becomes free for all?

Yes.
50 (73.5%)
No.
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Old Bronze Coin drops.

Offline Feone

  • avatar
  • Forum Veteran
TLDR; Give Old Bronze Coins a timer before they can be picked up by anyone other than the player making the kill.



Currently when Old Bronze Coins get dropped they are immediately pickable for anyone.  Would it be possible to add the usual timer during which the drops can only be picked by the person making the kill? (Without changing the guaranteed drop on death of course.)

I'm suggesting this because a growing group of people on nightscream like to stalk those who are fighting (especially when it involves mages/ranged) to quickly pick up the EC & run away to safezone the moment one of the fighters gets killed. In my opinion this sort of dropstealing adds nothing of value to the gameplay and it would be a good idea to prevent it with the default timer that other drops have, if they want to steal EC they should earn it by scoring the kill.

Yes I'm aware nightscream is pvp and these people can be killed however taking out a second opponent who is just trying to run out of range is difficult. Especially considering the genie of the thief will be completely ready while the one who just came out of a fight is likely to have it on cooldown. The runner will have full chi & everything out of cooldown while the fighter likely has to deal with a lack of chi & lots of things that can't be used right away.  With the EPW flying speed getting out of range takes all of about 2-4 seconds after which it becomes impossible to catch up, hardly something that encourages pvp. 

Oh, and in response to the "Hurr you butthurt go QQ moar" comments that are surely coming: I play a veno, I can shoot down flyers and run fast, this is much less of a problem for me than it is for most other classes. I still think it's a good idea to change it.

LaceyPip

I fully support this Feone.   Yet again it happens because there is this group of lazy thieves that is up to no good, not interested in fighting for their own coin and preying on the ones that actually do the work.

Offline Fatigue

  • avatar
  • Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
TLDR; Give Old Bronze Coins a timer before they can be picked up by anyone other than the player making the kill.



Currently when Old Bronze Coins get dropped they are immediately pickable for anyone.  Would it be possible to add the usual timer during which the drops can only be picked by the person making the kill? (Without changing the guaranteed drop on death of course.)

I'm suggesting this because a growing group of people on nightscream like to stalk those who are fighting (especially when it involves mages/ranged) to quickly pick up the EC & run away to safezone the moment one of the fighters gets killed. In my opinion this sort of dropstealing adds nothing of value to the gameplay and it would be a good idea to prevent it with the default timer that other drops have, if they want to steal EC they should earn it by scoring the kill.

Yes I'm aware nightscream is pvp and these people can be killed however taking out a second opponent who is just trying to run out of range is difficult. Especially considering the genie of the thief will be completely ready while the one who just came out of a fight is likely to have it on cooldown. The runner will have full chi & everything out of cooldown while the fighter likely has to deal with a lack of chi & lots of things that can't be used right away.  With the EPW flying speed getting out of range takes all of about 2-4 seconds after which it becomes impossible to catch up, hardly something that encourages pvp. 

Oh, and in response to the "Hurr you butthurt go QQ moar" comments that are surely coming: I play a veno, I can shoot down flyers and run fast, this is much less of a problem for me than it is for most other classes. I still think it's a good idea to change it.

This is a great idea! :tiger-2:

Offline Rinadiel

  • Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
I agree with this idea :-X

Offline Feone

  • avatar
  • Forum Veteran
It would be great if the people voting no could leave an explanation.

Offline ☣EvilEye23☣

  • huh
  • hah
  • Characters: LightningI
It would be great if the people voting no could leave an explanation.
Yeah.

Great idea. >.>

They probably voted no, because "Nooo my ec farming stealling method is gonnago away no i dont like this bad so Il vote no".

I'm normally on the side GETTING killed, though, so doesn't really matter for me...
LightningI—150 wizard
⚔     ⚔     ⚔
  1 x  -  c a n a d a 

Offline Darunia ஜ

  • ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
As I never go into NS, it doesn't affect me, but this is a good idea.  Never understood why the drop distribution is like that.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Feone

  • avatar
  • Forum Veteran
Definitely looks like most people agree with this. It'd be great if staff could comment though.

Offline AlmostFamous

  • avatar
  • Member
  • Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
No. It would ruin half the fun. I pvp there on my ea / seeker, and i make a perfectly resonable amount of ec. If they steal your drops, kill them. Pretty easy solution.

And yes, i know they will ad / ig / expel you, and run away. But thats a genie problem, not a drop distribution problem.

Besides, when im bored and dont feel like pvping, i log my barb and go steal some drops :)
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline Fatigue

  • avatar
  • Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
No. It would ruin half the fun. I pvp there on my ea / seeker, and i make a perfectly resonable amount of ec. If they steal your drops, kill them. Pretty easy solution.

And yes, i know they will ad / ig / expel you, and run away. But thats a genie problem, not a drop distribution problem.

Besides, when im bored and dont feel like pvping, i log my barb and go steal some drops :)
This is the exact reason we need this limit.

Offline Lolly

  • Forum Veteran
No. It would ruin half the fun. I pvp there on my ea / seeker, and i make a perfectly resonable amount of ec. If they steal your drops, kill them. Pretty easy solution.

And yes, i know they will ad / ig / expel you, and run away. But thats a genie problem, not a drop distribution problem.

Besides, when im bored and dont feel like pvping, i log my barb and go steal some drops :)
What's the fun in taking someone else's drops? You might "bored" but you're also being a lazy person thats a bother to people farming if I put saying it like this..
Also. Ok, so a vit barb with shield and stuff is going to be killed by one person before they get to sz... goodluck?

Anyways, having this would be a great add, more people would actually go there to farm. I want it added <3

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline SantaWiz

  • Active Player
  • other server Leader!
If they do this, it would be too easy to farm..
I like the way it is now.

150 Demon wizzy.
Gear: R8, Dragon Glaive.
Faction: other server
Rank: Leader

Tali

+1

We already have the drop timer on other items, do we not? I see no reason why OBC shouldn't have this.

Also I believe he's not talking about crystal drops, rather when people kill you, the OBC have no timer for the person who got the kill, anyone can spam the pick up button and grab them. (Could be wrong)

Offline AlmostFamous

  • avatar
  • Member
  • Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
What's the fun in taking someone else's drops? You might "bored" but you're also being a lazy person thats a bother to people farming if I put saying it like this..
Also. Ok, so a vit barb with shield and stuff is going to be killed by one person before they get to sz... goodluck?

Anyways, having this would be a great add, more people would actually go there to farm. I want it added <3


Lazy? I pk 95% of the time, and use my barb the other 5% and you call it lazy i call it free ec. If somebody dropped 10k ec on the ground without a time limit would you wait to see if they wanted it? Or would you simply take it?

Ns and the OBC are fine the way they are, if you dont want this to occur use the buddy system. 2 heads are better than one
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline Lolly

  • Forum Veteran
Lazy? I pk 95% of the time, and use my barb the other 5% and you call it lazy i call it free ec. If somebody dropped 10k ec on the ground without a time limit would you wait to see if they wanted it? Or would you simply take it? Ns and the OBC are fine the way they are, if you dont want this to occur use the buddy system. 2 heads are better than one
No I wouldn't take it, I like to actually earn mine. If someone else wants it, let them have it.  :normal-1:

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.