Epic Perfect World

I don't know if this has been asked before but...

EricaMurcas

In West Archo, there is a NPC called Keeper of the Names, now, in order to change you need an item that apparently you can only get from the boutique. So, I look for it in the boutique and it was a no go. Has anyone else seen this NPC and if so, have you been able to change your name and how? I'm sorry if this sounds like a n00b question but...didn't see it anywhere else.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
O.o there's a name change Npc?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

EricaMurcas

Yeah, but I think she has yet to be utilized since the item used for her is non-existent, just like those huge dragon looking things in West Archo. XD

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Where at west?i never seen it before.
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1592091

There is no name changing function in-game. It seems like it was a discarded idea made by PWI or is yet to be implemented in the official servers.

EricaMurcas

Oh, okay. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. It's kind of a damper, though, because that prospect would be nice...

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Agreed! My main's name is usually 4 letters, but it was taken so I had to add a 5th. It still bugs me from time to time and wish I could get it fixed  :'(

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1592091

There is no name changing function in-game. It seems like it was a discarded idea made by PWI or is yet to be implemented in the official servers.

This function was on at the very start of PWI, but later was discarded because they faced problems such as synchronizing name changing and blacklists/friendlists and such. I think they stopped using it on 4th or 5th week after release. There yet is a chance that this function will come back sometime in future, but, If I were you, I wouldn't bet my money on that.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
It works on other servers but it's dumb imo, rather implement gender change via scroll

Offline swaganomic

/37303 <- Sage enhanced fox form
/37302 <- Name changing item.
/37301 <- Item from Migthy Form/Panda form quest.

As we know those new forms was added recently, so this proves name change item is too.

BUT. if you choose database for Japanese server, description of that item is "未実装" or "Not Actual loaded".

Final conclusion: This is place-holder item, which will be made functional later, will be on boutique.
Price Guess: At least 50 USD. 

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
The item is real, just not implemented in Epic yet. On another server I play, it's called an "Identity Scroll" or something like that. It's fully functional, just hasn't (might not) be implemented on here.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
It has been there from long but don't think it would be available in the boutique "ever" or we'll be able to get it via any other way.. Just cause of the possible ways to abuse the name change.

EricaMurcas

Thank you all for your concise answers, I really appreciate it. :3

Antihero

It has been there from long but don't think it would be available in the boutique "ever" or we'll be able to get it via any other way.. Just cause of the possible ways to abuse the name change.

This. Name changing was a service available on another server I was on, but that is only because the population was small and manageable enough to work with. It would undoubtedly cause issues on a server this size. It would certainly be abused. People would constantly change to offensive names and then revert, or piss everyone off and then change their name. Either way, that's not a luxury they should be afforded.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
Like someone said, it would cause too many problems when it comes to blacklist, friendslist ect. It's a nice idea, but for a small server. This isn't a small server. People would be probably changing names 3 times a week and then you'll have the more QQ'ing of people saying GM mute these people please, because blacklist will start not being as useful anymore. So adding this would cause more problems for GM's imo. Although if it wasn't such a hassle I'd love to have it lol. If someone changes their name it changes on the persons FL/BL ect. But I see more glitches from this than anything.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.