Epic Perfect World

Encyclopedia Guide - Server time, Events, Gear, ect.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Hello, today I'll be showing you all how to navigate the in-game Encyclopedia.
How you use it to make your game easier is totally up to you. You can simply pretend it doesn't exist if you want.
But it will always be there and can answer many questions you may have.

First you may ask: Where is this thing and how come I've never seen it?

It has actually been there for quite some time, but many who have not played on servers where it's available may have never even heard of it.
But it's simply one of the buttons next to your minimap in the upper right corner, it looks an awful lot like a book.

When opened, it will pop up with this:

There are only a few sections I will be explaining with pictures because the other ones aren't AS useful.

Monsters: Pretty easy to understand. if you type in the name of a mob it will allow you to auto-path(by clicking on the gold/yellow name) to it or look at what it drops.

Quest: Pretty useless, it's good for looking up quests on PWI, allows auto-path to some NPC's.
I'm not sure if it actually works on here, I tried searching quests but to no avail.

New Features: I believe this is somewhat glitched like the quest option. This isn't really all too important.

Rookie Guide: This is what pops up when you level unless you shut it off. It gives you a few various options, I believe it glitches after a certain level. Only really useful on PWI.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2016, 05:52 pm by Flower

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Now, onto the useful sections.
Gear

Here you can search the name of any piece of gear, or even a key word.
I searched Dragon, and this is what showed up. How about we look at something more familiar?
Dragon Claws it is.

When clicked on, it shows a bit of info about the piece of gear.
You can look at the attributes by clicking on the button named so.
Or you can simply hover your mouse over the gear's picture/name in the list and it will show you more.

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Crafting
Now we'll talk about Crafting.
In this section you can search either a material or a piece of gear.
Here I searched Warsong Crystal. On the side, it shows all the possible products which can be made with that material. Let's check out the first one.

As you can see, it shows info on the piece of gear. This includes all materials required to make it. Here you can hover over items/gear to see attributes or descriptions.
You can also double click on required materials to see what drops it.

Like I said, you can also enter a piece of gear instead and it will show you the required materials in the left column.
If you use the piece of gear to make another piece of gear, (e.g Demonic>Dragon) then it will show possible products on the right.

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Items & Skills

These two sections are easy to use, but still very useful for some info on the spot.

You can search any item in the game (to my knowledge, and yes you can search "epic coin" and "old epic coin") and see if any mob drops it, the gold/yellow names means you can click and open the mob's info. If you click the name again at the top of the info pop-up, it will auto-path you to the mob.
Granted some mobs will probably be in instances, so be careful with that.

I personally really like the skill section a lot so then I don't have to go searching ecatomb or any other site for Sage/Demon skill differences.
Just search the skill's name at the top (the class will default to your class).
It will show the level 1, Sage and Demon versions. Just hover over them to see the differences.

ps; Ecatomb and PWDatabase are still really useful reference sites.

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Events
I don't know how many times people ask me when x Event is, or what the server time is.
Well, maybe this will help.

The Events section is essentially a calendar with info on daily and weekly events.
I have boxed in important areas and typed in some info.

For non-GM run events (Rancor/Invasion), please refer to THIS THREAD: Guide to the events
While you're there, read the other very helpful guides, you might learn something :P

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Annnnnd, done~

i remember the fashion

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
I actually really love this guide. The Encyclopedia is a great tool that I've always used. Now maybe more people will start instead of asking silly questions. :3

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I actually really love this guide. The Encyclopedia is a great tool that I've always used. Now maybe more people will start instead of asking silly questions. :3

I have to explain it about 10 times as day so yay there is a guide!!! Now only 5 times a day ill have to explain to the people who insist on not reading guides! :D

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Thank you both.
I'm working on another guide as we speak, a cosmetic guide if you will :P

I know people will always refuse to read the forums, but to those who do, this will help confusion.

i remember the fashion

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Thank you both.
I'm working on another guide as we speak, a cosmetic guide if you will :P

I know people will always refuse to read the forums, but to those who do, this will help confusion.

So true, It saddens me a little at a time when I see people asking the same questions I answer guides, but what can you do!

Offline Lyssa404

• It's on, like Donkey Kong!
Nice guide, well done....surprised that the Encyclopedia actually has a function haha Up to now I thought it was pretty much useless.

Not much you can do about the players that ignore the forum and guides because they always will. Those sort of players don't want to "waste the time" on the forum, so they go on peoples nerves...personally drives me barmy  ;D.

Anyway, enough rambling! Good guide! More of this sort please!  ::).
Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:41 am by Lyssa404

Offline webyankee

• Characters: Jabberwocky
  • Faction: OZ
Ok, what if you do not know the name of the item but you want to know what is available. Like an axe weapon, sure you can look it up in the PW database but what is actually avaiable in Epic PW? I'm lost as to what to get and what resources to use in this version of PW because the stats are all diferent here.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Ok, what if you do not know the name of the item but you want to know what is available. Like an axe weapon, sure you can look it up in the PW database but what is actually avaiable in Epic PW? I'm lost as to what to get and what resources to use in this version of PW because the stats are all diferent here.
First off, you are necro'ing a bunch of old threads......

Second, please check here: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=16234.0

There are a lot of useful guides there, all in one place. There's also a search function at the top right of the page to help you find something. 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.