Epic Perfect World

An idea to nerf sins a little

Offline KadeN/BornLegend

• No nuts No glory
  • Born like a Monster, Die like a Beast!
I would say remove occult ice and expel, this two genie skills are unidentical skills, but really related two one another! Less trap for sin,less countering for psych!

Offline emileq

"dex" archers are toilet parer now so any ideas ^^

Offline Lyssania

Not to go off-topic, but I think removing Expel would be a bad idea. Not EVERYONE on the server is PvP and Expel is a very helpful skill for PvE, and if it were removed it may cause some PvE players to complain or possibly quit.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Not to go off-topic, but I think removing Expel would be a bad idea. Not EVERYONE on the server is PvP and Expel is a very helpful skill for PvE, and if it were removed it may cause some PvE players to complain or possibly quit.

Expel in Delta or PV as a seeker/cleric/archer is amazing :D I'm assuming as a wizzy too but I decided to try new classes instead of doing the one I know xD

Plus expel works while stunned, if its a 1v1 you expel the sin attacking you... then use magic attacks... they HATE that...

Offline Delirium

Don't understand why effort was put in so sins couldn't get TT99 and Nirvy stuff but yet allow them the cape so they can be 4 aps, seems counter intuative, or is that just me?
Sins are mainly OP due to the chi gain and the fact they don't have to time their stuns like what a BM does, but eh, nothing is ever done (On most servers at least) so I expect to see a sin infested server. :p

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Lyssania

Don't understand why effort was put in so sins couldn't get TT99 and Nirvy stuff but yet allow them the cape so they can be 4 aps, seems counter intuative, or is that just me?
Sins are mainly OP due to the chi gain and the fact they don't have to time their stuns like what a BM does, but eh, nothing is ever done (On most servers at least) so I expect to see a sin infested server. :p

I'd just like to say that, (And I'm not saying you are.) But I don't understand why people complain or even really bring up Nirvana and TT99 gear. The gear provided by EpicPW is COMPLETELY better than any of those.

I get where you're coming from- but removing those items may not be a hassle. Also, removing them and putting custom gear in their place is one way to get more people to play the game. We come to private servers for custom gear and so on!

Offline Delirium

I'd just like to say that, (And I'm not saying you are.) But I don't understand why people complain or even really bring up Nirvana and TT99 gear. The gear provided by EpicPW is COMPLETELY better than any of those.

I get where you're coming from- but removing those items may not be a hassle. Also, removing them and putting custom gear in their place is one way to get more people to play the game. We come to private servers for custom gear and so on!
Pardon me but I think you have me all wrong, I was not complaining about TT99 and Nirvy (And I know you said you wasn't saying I was, but I want to clarify that I wasn't), infact the oposite, I'm glad its not in game because with it there'd be 5aps.
I was merely stating that Nirvy and TT99 have been removed for good reason (No 5 aps) yet gave sins the -int cape so they could get 4 aps and as I said I though it to be ounter intuative. :/
Not sure if that clears up what I meant?

Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy

Pardon me but I think you have me all wrong, I was not complaining about TT99 and Nirvy (And I know you said you wasn't saying I was, but I want to clarify that I wasn't), infact the oposite, I'm glad its not in game because with it there'd be 5aps.
I was merely stating that Nirvy and TT99 have been removed for good reason (No 5 aps) yet gave sins the -int cape so they could get 4 aps and as I said I though it to be ounter intuative. :/
Not sure if that clears up what I meant?
It does, the cape was originaly restricted to very few classes, so it was made to be avaliable to all classes.
Honestly I dont think its a bad thing, it certainly does make it harder but it also lowers hp/defence abit, and the inability to fully socket and put above +15 vit means that the cape makes them easier to kill. I think that removing occult ice and keeping the cape would mean less stun time on sins oponents and easier kills :)
Personally I dont even have occult ice as a skill and I manage fine in pk, 4.0 sage sin is already OP enough!!! Soon hopefully to be 5.0 but I have to test out afew things to see if its worth it!
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:26 pm by Nexy

Offline FuR

• People can become...whatever they want to be.
Remove Occult Ice.. and most  sins will be left wondering.. what to do so they can kill .. 

Sin w. no occult ice: " >:(  .. :o .....  ??? ...   :-\  ... :-\  ...   :-[ ... :'( ..."

Us:   " ;D "

Offline Delirium

It does, the cape was originaly restricted to very few classes, so it was made to be avaliable to all classes.
Honestly I dont think its a bad thing, it certainly does make it harder but it also lowers hp/defence abit, and the inability to fully socket and put above +15 vit means that the cape makes them easier to kill. I think that removing occult ice and keeping the cape would mean less stun time on sins oponents and easier kills :)
Personally I dont even have occult ice as a skill and I manage fine in pk, 4.0 sage sin is already OP enough!!! Soon hopefully to be 5.0 but I have to test out afew things to see if its worth it!

Ahh thought so.
Thing is, the survivability decrease to their DPS increase is balanced, they gain way more DPS that the survivability doesn't matter. They gain more from BP too so that slightly increases survivability.

If you can make occult clas restricted then yeah, I can see that working, but all it will do is weed out those that really cannot play their class to those that know how to press 1-2-3 for their stuns... we'll still have the same problem tbh.

Mhm. x'D

Offline maniolnba

just remove ginies and will be perfect :)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Ahh thought so.
Thing is, the survivability decrease to their DPS increase is balanced, they gain way more DPS that the survivability doesn't matter. They gain more from BP too so that slightly increases survivability.

If you can make occult clas restricted then yeah, I can see that working, but all it will do is weed out those that really cannot play their class to those that know how to press 1-2-3 for their stuns... we'll still have the same problem tbh.

Atleast it will weed out some of the sins who can't play without it! We might get more people playing other classes (just so they an OI again).  :P

just remove ginies and will be perfect :)

Genies are very helpful in pvp and pve, I think removing them would be far from perfect, yes it would make it much more simple and just be class vs class but genies add a dynamic where everyone has a different variety of skills, uses them at different times, and it makes same class pvp much more interesting, one barb might ToP, the other might AD, or whatnot, it adds a new dynamic of skills to the game. Thats my opinion.
Without genies alot of people would fall on thier feet, I mean I can live without my ToP in pve, but damn it helps!

Offline thedevilhunter

• Pff just a perv
  • Fight fire with fire
lol at all this, Nexy seekers weren't made for pvp ijs.

Events won: 10.
5 Gms event,5NH event,
Events lost: 0

Offline thedevilhunter

• Pff just a perv
  • Fight fire with fire
If occult ice removed, then Expel should be removed, if u take an OP skill , u gotta take the rest.

Occult ice is being used by sins, barbs, bms, and seekers

taking it of us will give advantage to

Magic classes which use Expel on us then kill us 9 seconds makes us open to the wind for 9 seconds
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:44 pm by thedevilhunter

Events won: 10.
5 Gms event,5NH event,
Events lost: 0

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
lol they should do to sins what they did to psys lol , make daggers unrefinable, and cut some sage/demons skills lol :P

that or not allow them to use any skill in stealth lol even genie skills lol
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:49 pm by _Fur_