Epic Perfect World

Logical and philosophical corner of the earth

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
This is a thread for all the philosophers out there. Here you can post your own thoughts bout anything on any topic: religion, fantasy, science, emotions etc. This is not a thread for angry conflicts, this is for a discussion.
So, let me begin with one of my favourite topics: religion and God in particular.
I myself am atheist, which means I'm not religious and I do not pray to any god and I don't believe in any god.
Why? Its simple. In my opinion religion as whole is just the biggest and oldest massive manipulation in the history of mankind. For over 10.000 years various religions were viewed as the truth about the world. Christianity, Islam, Budism and other religions at the very start were created by ancient people to explain the nature. For example, people created the god Thor, to explain why thunders strike the Earth, others created Ra to praise the Sun, as the giver and guardian of life in the world. What I believe is that EVERY SINGLE religion, belief or idea was created by human, not god, but mortal man or woman. Holy books, like Bible, were also written by man, not by god. There are no proofs that those men and women were guided by higher forces, that they were inspired by God or someone (something) else. Every single action is done and every single result is caused by human, not by someone sitting above clouds and observing the world and everyone in particular.
In my eyes the Bible, probably the best know and definitely the most popular book in the world is full of black spots and white holes. I may be wrong, but if I remember right the Bible claims that the Earth was created by God. What about other planets, other systems, other galaxies, other....universes? Were they also created by God, and if thats the case, if they were created by the same God? Also, the Bible says that all animals and all humans were created by God. What about dinosaurs? Because if I understand it right, the whole history of Bible is maybe 20.000 years old by most, and dinosaurs have lived way, way earlier. At least 65.000.000 million years ago. Quite a gap if you ask me.
Evolution. Versus Bible. Darvin's theories versus popular opinion. Evolution from molecule to homo sapiens in millions of years versus God's creation of man from dust and bone just in couple of days. Science versus belief. What I think? Yeah, probably no-one actually cares what I think. But hey, theres the deal. It is said that God created man from dust, then took a rib from that man and created woman. And that the God created man from the looks of God himself. Then how do you explain monkeys for example? Its scientifically proved that humans and monkeys, also some other creatures have similar DNA structure, some parts of DNA are identical. So how is it? God decided to make monkeys from his own appearance but failed? Were they the first, failed, experiments?
Buddhism. My, as atheist's, favourite religion. And, I'd said, the best one. At least from my point of view, Asian religions are quite good as whole. But Buddhism....They don't believe in god. Buddha himself, the founder of this religion, thought that various religious ideas and the God's idea itself have their origin in plain and simple human's fear.

The Buddha says:
"Gripped by fear men go to the sacred mountains,
 sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines".

And that is logical. Once again I'll say: every single religious idea was created by human to explain what science couldn't explain at that given moment. In Buddhism they believe in man himself, because only man can influence the life and history, and everything is done by man.
For the desert, I'd like to quote one of my close friends:
"Even God cannot do what man has to do himself."
Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:58 pm by Skyscream

rainlu

really nice you have good awareness, you are fairly smart, exactly as i feel it, you should be a movie producer or a book writer, i am pretty sure you will make a decent book or movie by the way and terms you use to explain things, ofcourse :)

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
I don't have time to read all that but read the last part god can't do what human has to do +1
God does not do favors people shouldn't worship god because they need something from him they should worship because all good things for human the gods have done

BE A GOD LOVING PERSON NOT A GOD FEARING PERSON. I might be off topic I didn't read that essay I'm sure it's gr8 have fun

dickroman

god is a monkey and we r abonimations kk?

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
That title. :))

I don't believe there's a god but I do believe that the human mind is limitless.
If that makes any sense, I'm not an explainer, too lazy.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
i think you need  deathfire grasp and ummm a rabbadon's then get spiritual enlightment :<

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
really nice you have good awareness, you are fairly smart, exactly as i feel it, you should be a movie producer or a book writer, i am pretty sure you will make a decent book or movie by the way and terms you use to explain things, ofcourse :)

xD Im already a book writer.
Though I mainly write sci-fi xD

rainlu

xD Im already a book writer.
Though I mainly write sci-fi xD
wow nice :3 at least im partially good in predictions.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
So, since first part was mostly philosophical, I decided to lay out some logic. Btw guys, this is not a thread for my monologues, post your thoughts too xD.
So, what I wanna talk bout this time is time and speed. Mostly speed of light.
Before we get deeper into subject, I'd like to introduce someone amazing to you all. Albert Einstein. This, probably one of the most famous scientists in history of mankind, formulated so called Theory of General Relativity. It is incredibly complex and hard to understand collection of equations, various physics laws and mathematical calculations. Here is the simplified version of that theory:

1. Nothing travels faster than light.

2. Light is always measured at the same speed (roughly 300.000 km/h or 186.000 mph) no matter how fast you are traveling or the direction you are going.

3. The faster you travel, the slower time moves, the heavier you get and longer things become shorter.

However, the hardest part to grasp is the fact that as you move, nothing to you is different. Your clock will still tick away at the same rate. An observer, however, would notice your clock running slower. You would notice the observer's clock running slower while they would be seeing things perfectly normal

It's all relative to the observer.

General relativity incorporates gravity into the equation and shows how gravity effects time, bends light and thus effects time. A clock for instance on the ground next to the Empire State building will run faster than a clock on the top of the building because the pull of the earth causes clocks to run slightly slower then a clock that is further away from the center of the planet.
Gravity is the key to everything. But this is not what I want to talk about. The very interesting thing is 3rd rule of that theory.

3. The faster you travel, the slower time moves, the heavier you get and longer things become shorter.

Which mean that the closer to the speed of light you are, the heavier you become, and the slower the time flow gets. First of all, lets look at the weight part. Einstein proved that nothing, not even information (Einstein ment thoughts, forced to move by ones telepathic abilities) can move faster than light in vacuum. Because anything besides light has a mass. Light also has mass to be exact, but that mass is so small that its easier to think that light is weightless, thus making light able to travel at those incredible speeds. Any other object, the closer it gets to the speed of light, the heavier it becomes, and higher amount of energy is needed to move that.
According to the theory, to reach speed of light object has to be moved by infinite amount of energy, more than there is in whole Universe. So that makes speed of light impossible to reach.
But....
Imagine that we reached that speed somehow. Here is where other part of 3rd rule comes into play.
Time.
The closer to the speed of light, the slower the time gets. Well, to other observers. If you moved nearly at the speed of light (lets say at 99.99% of the speed of light), you wouldn't feel any changes in time flow around you, but outside that very limited range the time would be slowed drastically. And the same, to outsider your time would be slowed down just as much.
This also leads to another theory: time travels are possible. The theory says that if any object moves faster than light it can travel in time, mainly to the past. Its so called FTL (Faster-Than-Light) traveling. Let me conclude all of that written above in short sentences:
1. If you move slower than light, you move forward in time, in other words, you progress normally. You travel to future.
2. If you move faster than light, you move backwards in time, in other words, you move back to the past.
And this is where things start to get tricky. Its kinda understandable: if you move slower or faster than light you move to future or the past accordingly. But, what would happen if you'd travel precisely at the speed of light?
From my point of view, nothing, not even time, can slow down to certain point and then start moving backwards instantly, without stopping. At some point time has to stop from moving forwards to start moving backwards. If it wont stop, time fabric should just tear apart. By laws of physics its impossible to move in one direction and then start moving in opposite direction without slowing down and stopping. That, in my opinion is the biggest hole in theory of relativity. What you guys think about it?

Insanity

Christianity, Islam, Budism and other religions at the very start were created by ancient people to explain the nature. For example, people created the god Thor, to explain why thunders strike the Earth, others created Ra to praise the Sun, as the giver and guardian of life in the world. What I believe is that EVERY SINGLE religion, belief or idea was created by human, not god, but mortal man or woman. Holy books, like Bible, were also
You are trying to think, sadly that's not working for you.
ancient people? were you there? WTF I want live 100000000 years too
you need discuss things you know, please don't talk about stuff you don't know shit about.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You are trying to think, sadly that's not working for you.
ancient people? were you there? WTF I want live 100000000 years too
you need discuss things you know, please don't talk about stuff you don't know shit about.

I think your understanding of his english may be somewhat in error.

At the original post, I don't think you can add Buddhism as a religion in that aspect.  It's more of a philosophy for living rather than worship of a deity.

At the light thing.

You should also mention that human understanding on that area is very flawed. We have no tools that can accurately observe what exactly happens at those speeds nor can we actually make anything go nearly fast enough.  It's entirely possible that there are unknown aspects, things beyond what we can currently imagine, that are a factor in these equations that could hugely affect the result near the extremes. At the same time these could be so unmeasurably small at any condition we can observe.  It's one of those mysteries of the universe we have yet to discover, but untill we can actually perfect space travel it's unlikely that we'll get much further at it either. Making things go near-light speed is problematic when there's anything in it's path, even atmosphere, as shown in this particular thought experiment.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:14 am by Feone

rainlu

So, since first part was mostly philosophical, I decided to lay out some logic. Btw guys, this is not a thread for my monologues, post your thoughts too xD.
So, what I wanna talk bout this time is time and speed. Mostly speed of light.
Before we get deeper into subject, I'd like to introduce someone amazing to you all. Albert Einstein. This, probably one of the most famous scientists in history of mankind, formulated so called Theory of General Relativity. It is incredibly complex and hard to understand collection of equations, various physics laws and mathematical calculations. Here is the simplified version of that theory:

1. Nothing travels faster than light.

2. Light is always measured at the same speed (roughly 300.000 km/h or 186.000 mph) no matter how fast you are traveling or the direction you are going.

However, the hardest part to grasp is the fact that as you move, nothing to you is different. Your clock will still tick away at the same rate. An observer, however, would notice your clock running slower. You would notice the observer's clock running slower while they would be seeing things perfectly normal

It's all relative to the observer.

General relativity incorporates gravity into the equation and shows how gravity effects time, bends light and thus effects time. A clock for instance on the ground next to the Empire State building will run faster than a clock on the top of the building because the pull of the earth causes clocks to run slightly slower then a clock that is further away from the center of the planet.
Gravity is the key to everything. But this is not what I want to talk about. The very interesting thing is 3rd rule of that theory.

Which mean that the closer to the speed of light you are, the heavier you become, and the slower the time flow gets. First of all, lets look at the weight part. Einstein proved that nothing, not even information (Einstein ment thoughts, forced to move by ones telepathic abilities) can move faster than light in vacuum. Because anything besides light has a mass. Light also has mass to be exact, but that mass is so small that its easier to think that light is weightless, thus making light able to travel at those incredible speeds. Any other object, the closer it gets to the speed of light, the heavier it becomes, and higher amount of energy is needed to move that.
According to the theory, to reach speed of light object has to be moved by infinite amount of energy, more than there is in whole Universe. So that makes speed of light impossible to reach.
But....
Imagine that we reached that speed somehow. Here is where other part of 3rd rule comes into play.
Time.
The closer to the speed of light, the slower the time gets. Well, to other observers. If you moved nearly at the speed of light (lets say at 99.99% of the speed of light), you wouldn't feel any changes in time flow around you, but outside that very limited range the time would be slowed drastically. And the same, to outsider your time would be slowed down just as much.
This also leads to another theory: time travels are possible. The theory says that if any object moves faster than light it can travel in time, mainly to the past. Its so called FTL (Faster-Than-Light) traveling. Let me conclude all of that written above in short sentences:
1. If you move slower than light, you move forward in time, in other words, you progress normally. You travel to future.
2. If you move faster than light, you move backwards in time, in other words, you move back to the past.
And this is where things start to get tricky. Its kinda understandable: if you move slower or faster than light you move to future or the past accordingly. But, what would happen if you'd travel precisely at the speed of light?
From my point of view, nothing, not even time, can slow down to certain point and then start moving backwards instantly, without stopping. At some point time has to stop from moving forwards to start moving backwards. If it wont stop, time fabric should just tear apart. By laws of physics its impossible to move in one direction and then start moving in opposite direction without slowing down and stopping. That, in my opinion is the biggest hole in theory of relativity. What you guys think about it?

i don't get it...
i don't even get that explanation...how could it possibly work like that ? what is the mechanism that makes you drive into the past while traveling FTL ?
it's so weird sorry :D

Insanity

I think your understanding of his english may be somewhat in error.

?

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
?
You obviously got it all wrong dude.