Epic Perfect World

Book Ideas for Kids

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
My kindergartners LOVE Pete the Cat. Pete the Cat books feature sing-song text and are fun reads for little ones.

Click here for the website and free song tracks. ^-^

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Fifty Shades of Grey?

EricaMurcas

Might I suggest "James and the Giant Peach" as well as "The Phantom Tollbooth"? I enjoyed both when I was a small one. <3 Also, I lulzed at "Fifty Shades of Grey"...

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
The Little Prince by ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY (but in portuguese of course)

this one i read to my kid  :-\ but hes 2 and 6months, for 1 year old i would sugegst some of those with sounds when u press ? duno what to call them in english lol it have some animals and when u press the icon it makes a sound...book itself have a small detail story about each animal too.
Oh yeah.
The little prince is good~~
Old Yeller, The Little Prince, Where the Red Fern Grows (admittedly, it's long, but it's really good. and appropriate.)

(french image, since the english covers I found were all blurry Q_Q)

All really good stories, I lub old yeller and where the red fern grows. *note, both are kinda sad. ;-;
Will post more after I review my bookshelf.
These are probably more "read them to him" books since..they are chapter books..and stuff..
(:

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
my son actually doesnt mind how long the book is, thou if its too long we tend to split it up among a few days read ^^;

and this is the right rainbow fish book? o.o

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Fish-Marcus-Pfister/dp/1558580093/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374548317&sr=1-1&keywords=the+rainbow+fish

sadly some of the american/european english ones sell for way over priced here in sg @@; so its better to order online

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
my son actually doesnt mind how long the book is, thou if its too long we tend to split it up among a few days read ^^;

and this is the right rainbow fish book? o.o

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Fish-Marcus-Pfister/dp/1558580093/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374548317&sr=1-1&keywords=the+rainbow+fish

yes that is the correct rainbow fish book ^^.....i remember the cover from my childhood......i just remembered how sparkly the book was with the fish on it xD i dont even remember what it was about..just that it caught my eye and stuck with me

Offline lucyღ

• <3
  • Characters: Iucy
People have said it...and I stand by it...
This guy..i loved him when I was a kid.

Its 6.30am and I cant be bothered reading the other posts..but I guess...hmm...Maybe disney books? I remember when i was a kid..between 1-3 I had the large print books with shortened versions of the films. (I think I chewed part of the aristocats..lol) but anyway..yeah...disney is always a good start, my youngest brother adores the toy story books.  Other than that...maybe as he gets a bit older id suggest the chronicles of narnia series. I grew up with them and I have very sentimental memories of my grandfather reading them to me when I was young. and those stories are ones that stick for life imo.

Im procrastinating from sleep it would seem. so hope i at least gave some help and good luck with your book search :D

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Oh yeah.
The little prince is good~~
Old Yeller, The Little Prince, Where the Red Fern Grows (admittedly, it's long, but it's really good. and appropriate.)

(french image, since the english covers I found were all blurry Q_Q)

All really good stories, I lub old yeller and where the red fern grows. *note, both are kinda sad. ;-;
Will post more after I review my bookshelf.
These are probably more "read them to him" books since..they are chapter books..and stuff..
I'm going to stick by the books I named. Which are all decently old, btw.
(:

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
People have said it...and I stand by it...
This guy..i loved him when I was a kid.

Its 6.30am and I cant be bothered reading the other posts..but I guess...hmm...Maybe disney books? I remember when i was a kid..between 1-3 I had the large print books with shortened versions of the films. (I think I chewed part of the aristocats..lol) but anyway..yeah...disney is always a good start, my youngest brother adores the toy story books.  Other than that...maybe as he gets a bit older id suggest the chronicles of narnia series. I grew up with them and I have very sentimental memories of my grandfather reading them to me when I was young. and those stories are ones that stick for life imo.

Im procrastinating from sleep it would seem. so hope i at least gave some help and good luck with your book search :D

@@; yeah that catapillar book was one of my favs, still waiting on it in the mail :/  my older sister had bought my son a few disney books, he tends to really enjoy "Brave" lol dunno why D:

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
Go the *** To Sleep - no need to thank me

http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/gothe***tosleep1_616.jpg

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
  • Characters: Chibbi
Sadly I can't remember the name as it's been over 11 years ago, but I used to read these children's books to my little sister when she was young.  They were hardback books, like every page was hard cardboard (so a baby could turn the pages I guess) and had remarkable art for a children's book.  They were about angles.  One of the books was about the angles cleaning the clouds I think and some of them were dusting the stars.

And buying for a kid is a good reason for playing with the toys in the kids section  :tiger-37:  I did that a lot when my sis was growing up.

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
Sadly I can't remember the name as it's been over 11 years ago, but I used to read these children's books to my little sister when she was young.  They were hardback books, like every page was hard cardboard (so a baby could turn the pages I guess) and had remarkable art for a children's book.  They were about angles.  One of the books was about the angles cleaning the clouds I think and some of them were dusting the stars.

And buying for a kid is a good reason for playing with the toys in the kids section  :tiger-37:  I did that a lot when my sis was growing up.

oo those are board books, i love to get those cuz they let the kid turn the page easier.  and yeah having a kid is a perfect excuse to play with toys. ive been buying hotwheels like mad just so i can play with them ._.;

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Go the *** To Sleep - no need to thank me

http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/gothe***tosleep1_616.jpg

THATS A CHILDRENS BOOK? LMFAO

rainlu

THATS A CHILDRENS BOOK? LMFAO
[/quote]
 :monkey-4:
awesome book my childs are going to read that for sure :o
ps: loved that cat O.o <3

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Wikapedia says its an "adult's picture book" or something.

On another note.
Orson Scott Card. #superawesomestories. #joyforhis_stories.

Ender's game is fantastic. So is Ender in Exile. Just started Speaker for the Dead.
Ender's game is probably the only one that's barely child appropriate. It's sci-fi. It's also probably so borderline that it would be a bad idea for your son to read. Lawl. Is awesome though.
Barely appropriate, as in there's a kid who has a "less appropriate picture/simulation the male version" holographic-ally display from his laptop like thing. But whatever.

Ok.. Here's some more of mine...from my really really old shelf (I think the only reason that I've ever thrown out a book might be because it was a total wreck, or that it got lost. Maybe a few exceptions..Obviously, everthing has different cover varieties..

A-Z Mysteries.
The 13th Child. ..That book has got to be lying around somewhere. I know it. I just don't know where it is.. This one. Is actually a decent chapterbook length. Like, really.
Jigsaw Jones.
Charlie and the chocolate factory.
Matilda. Because everyone loves matilda.
The witches.
Fantastic Mr. Fox.
Every other children's book by Roald Dahl. I'm telling you.
Black lagoon. And. I repeat. I mean the children's book, ok? NOT the anime/manga. Because as much as I adore the manga and think that it's excellent, it's very, very much not of an ideal reading material for a 1 year old...

I'm done..
For now..
(: