Epic Perfect World

Treasure Hunt

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
There are more people sniping treasure map mobs than there are GM's to help with it. I've had people trying to steal mine on numerous occasions. Thankfully they were either terrible, and couldnt take them from a 145 sin wearing a mix of 140/130 gear, or couldnt take a mob that just got pimp handed by a metal combo from a full r8 seeker. Either way, they HAVE tried, and failed. The point remains, if they had been a hair's breadth faster I would have lost map 5 loot on several different occasions. But as I said thankfully most of the attempts at my mobs were from terrible players.

Shhh, PM me in-game next time you plan on going. I can kill blue names as well. :monkey-50:

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Eh, I've never actually experienced it before. o.o
There was a mob my sin couldn't kill, and it was GINORMOUS, and I brought my wiz while half afk on the sin. That was like, 5th map or 4th map, one of the later ones.
Nobody came and hit it at all b4 the wiz came o.o
Sounds terrible though.
It all depends on culture. Some places the simple attitude of "If you let it happen, it's your own fault." (Quoted from a Pinoy known for using the "item with same icon" scam.)

What is abuse/pathetic behavior to some is just competition to others.

That being said, I would say that the server community as a whole would be better off if the people doing this would be permanently account & IP banned. Toxic behavior like this along with the constant trashtalk by certain other people is what makes the EPW community such a hostile place lately.
Eh. Maybe just a perma account ban? You can get around IP. Restarting routers, I think-IDK that much about it. >.>  Banning the stealers would be nice, but you can get around the IP as I said, and plus, account ban = make alt and try to steal from the people who do this.
(:

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Eh, I've never actually experienced it before. o.o
There was a mob my sin couldn't kill, and it was GINORMOUS, and I brought my wiz while half afk on the sin. That was like, 5th map or 4th map, one of the later ones.
Nobody came and hit it at all b4 the wiz came o.o

This problem occurs primarily during 2x. It happens because the gains are so much more profitable for the time invested/wasted waiting on people to follow.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Lol since when people are able to complete Treasure Hunt?
For me, my toons and some other people I know Treasure Hunt stops after 2nd or 3rd map for like 3 months now.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
For me, my toons and some other people I know Treasure Hunt stops after 2nd or 3rd map for like 3 months now.

Usually the only time you're able to complete this quest series is during 2x, and even then it's not 100%

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I got 21 5th maps from 1 quest :normal-25: