Epic Perfect World

Is U.S. really serious about this? -.-

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
First all I got to say. YOUR A DUMBASS
league is considered a popular sport by multiple countries considering there are 3 different areas of the LCS. NA, EU, and Asian countries. Coming from a gold 4 player of league I can tell you its actually a highly skilled game. Another thing I have to mention is that dota 2 has its own pro series. Its not really that surprising due to the fact of it being one of the most played and most popular moba games in the world. My point is that video games are becoming a type of sport for those who practice their trade day after day after day. Don't be jealous that they can make $400,000 in a year just for winning the world championships.

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
As serious as serious can be

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Apparently, U.S. considered the video game "League of Legends" as a sports now.
http://www.geek.com/games/us-goverment-confirms-league-of-legends-is-a-legitimate-sport-1562188/
http://www.tentonhammer.com/leagueoflegends/news/league-of-legends-championship-now-recognized-as-pro-sport-in-us
Was shocking. Lol.
Im not shocked at all it's a great game, future of e-sports i hope they do it with other games.

Offline Kyrael

Sports=/=E-sports.

It is a team-based game that requires strategy, coordination, practice, and teamwork (along with meshing well with your teammates). It deserves a title like e-sports.

Dota 2, a similar game (I'm a Dota person, not a LoL person, although each has its pros and cons), is about to have the to-date largest prize-pool e-sports tournament ever. It's not just the US that has teams. Various sponsoring companies from across the world have teams in many e-sports games. I'm not well-versed in LoL teams, but I know some teams like Dignitas have LoL and Dota 2 teams alike, and some of the most favored teams in Dota 2 right now are from across the world. Na`vi is (mostly) Ukrainian, Alliance is Swedish, iG and LGD.cn are Chinese, and... where is TongFu from? China also I believe. Dota 2 also just got released in Korea and has made a huge splash, larger than LoL (which admittedly is run by Nexon, which a lot of people hate).

It's not exactly physically grueling (although you do have to make sure to avoid things like carpal tunnel, and if your APM is higher you can do more in games like Starcraft, another e-sport game), but it is mentally tasking and requires a lot of practice, memorization, strategy, and on-the-spot decision making. In that way, games that have gained the title of e-sports are not too different from sports themselves.

The people making Olympics jokes don't quite understand that e-sports aren't considered sports by most, I suppose. It's a title.

Also, reading the first article, it says that Riot (LoL's parent company) did a ton of finagling to get their players that title. This isn't directed at LoL, but at Riot as a company: they'll do anything to succeed, so don't put much credit into their actions. Seriously. They took the DotA genre, made a big show of being part of it and loving the original WC3 DotA, and then when they realized that DotA wasn't well known in the US, they dropped all connections to it and made it seem like they invented the game style. LoL is a fine game in its own right, I just dislike Riot.
Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:24 am by Kyrael

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
league is considered a popular sport by multiple countries considering there are 3 different areas of the LCS. NA, EU, and Asian countries. Coming from a gold 4 player of league I can tell you its actually a highly skilled game. Another thing I have to mention is that dota 2 has its own pro series. Its not really that surprising due to the fact of it being one of the most played and most popular moba games in the world. My point is that video games are becoming a type of sport for those who practice their trade day after day after day. Don't be jealous that they can make $400,000 in a year just for winning the world championships.

First off...You're*. Second, I don't know why you're getting so worked up and insulting him. He's a major gamer and even he finds this a big Wow wtf. It's not like he's sitting here insulting the game  :rolleyes:. I still find this a wow wtf. If they're going to go this far it needs to have it's own category not under sports. Just my opinion.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.

You're the dumb one for considering this to be a sport with them, just because multiple people play the game from different countries means nothing.
GOTTA WORK OUT THEM FINGERS CLICKING THAT MOUSE. Its a computer game, not a sport.

Offline jrunzel

well in my school Dota 1(warcraft frozen throne) is a sports

Offline Nine_FOx

Counter strike and world of warcraft used to be the big hit to almost all students around my hometown. I remember that there is a famous group called Nemiski or something like that, in south-east asia who compete in Asian world of warcraft tournament.
Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:41 am by Nine_FOx
Gomiho the nine-tailed-fox.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
 :normal-2: :normal-14: :normal-2: Gonna tell my mom i'm an athlete for playing LoL

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
I forgot that your jim's brother. there is no doubt that surfing cant be a Olympic sport because, some country doesn't have ocean or it is too cold to surf. why LOL did get that acknowledgement, even though World of Warcraft came first and been played by vast community around the world. add for that, World of Warcraft can be played offline or online.

theres a big difference in game play of LOL verses WOW, wow is an open world map game where as LOL is more of a team verses team not open world.  LOL is a capture the flag type of game @@; so yeah its not really comparable to wow xD

Offline Nine_FOx

kyandeisu we might not have the same version of WoW. I am talking about Dota.
Gomiho the nine-tailed-fox.

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
kyandeisu we might not have the same version of WoW. I am talking about Dota.

wow=world of warcraft by blizzard entertainment @@; lol if you ment dota you should of said dota otherwise its a completely different game if you said wow @@;
Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:50 pm by kyandeisu

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
^^^^^^

In my school, CS and LoL are sports.  :tiger-4:
Wtf in my school football is a sport :tiger-43:  :tiger-10:
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Droopeh

I'm not surprised at all o.o
Instead of physical training you train a lot more mentally, whats the big deal?

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
uh you do realise how popular league is, what sponsors do for the pro players, etc

also damn you morbid, im stuck in silver xD

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!