Epic Perfect World

Phoenix Valley(PV) Relooked

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
Normally I'm one to turn my head away from level grinding, program something to do it for me, or just buy my way out. Though through some recent farming the passed two days in PV I kind of thought of something. Now my last thread got some brutal hate, all I can say to retaliate is try it. Anyone who's ran PV with my lil veno Descention now knows very certainly well an LA/HA Veno is psychotic ass puller. 1 Run, 2 pulls. I want to see a barb do that. So if you want to rage on me without any knowledge of your class. Especially my two pride and joys, Archers and Venos... I'd love to prove you wrong in a 100 ways. If your archer is squishy, it's not your archer, it's you. ANYWAYS, because I don't want to rant... PV! I've noticed a few things when it came to Epic Economy, and that was PV's actual instance.

Me being from World of Warcraft and RuneScape and Fiesta servers and creations I realized a "Leveling Road" was always a beloved idea. Especially to have interval areas where a player could fix their gear, repot, regear, relax, and afk. It was always an assured way to have players love the server, especially if it was "Blizz-like" or "reality railing" which means the xp is the same as the original or slightly better. Not where you're getting dozens of levels from one kill or a max out, but 1 or less. We actually have a leveling road, in technicality we have four and for lack of better terms and simplicity...The starter 1-110, Intermediate 110-124, Advanced 124-135, and Climax 135-150. Now the first three are nothing of an issue to anyone, even a cleric so long as they know how to run the class. So I ended up with a few thoughts though when I compared them to other servers.

There used to be a server back when WoW first came out and people began coding and editing for themselves their own servers. I had one called "Satan's Fall" it ran pretty well. Not as high in population as I'd have like, but we made it well over the three digits. People loved a real-like experience with better chances of goodies. Something I realized with a leveling road wasn't really its ability to ease leveling, but give expansion on it. I realized after about 30 minutes of PV runs that it was like everyone said, short and sweet. I thought about leveling ability and the number one thing people loved, bosses. So I started to think more and more on it....Why is PV so short? Why is there only one boss? Why does every turn NEED A ****ING STUN!?! Things like that. Then a few answers dawned to me....

•   How could we stop the over popularity of Sins?
Expand PV dramatically.

•   Why is PV even set for a timer? (As in you need to reset.)
I have no answer for this, all I can say would be to delay leveling..

•   Why is PV so short?
No real answer again to this, I would assume to make farming easier.

•   Why is PV have mobs that can stun?
Again only a guess, to slow leveling.

Even without all these answers I did find a few things to think about also. Like for example, one boss in basically the last dungeon you'll ever be in.. Technically speaking you should already have your Sage/Demon cultivation done before 110, but regardless. I can't really deny bosses of their statuses in things like TT, or WS, GV, or anything like that..but I didn't think of them as bosses at all, more so a necessity for farming or to finish something. So a few other questions started to dawn on me...

•   Why isn't PV longer?
•   Why is there only one boss and why is it so weak?
•   Couldn't we have something harder to kill as a Sin and force us to get say an archer, veno, or a wizard to help?
•   What would happen if we separated this ideal dungeon and gave it better drops by far, at a min of say 20ec, 100m in coins, and can even drop on rare occasions boutique items. Nothing fancy, but something. Something like GV with a lot less of a timer but still a good pay out. Something to give players a desire to break from PV, regroup and play out further. To be able to say we don’t have PV alone, but this, something as I’ve seen no other server advertise – an actual dungeon, instance, or raid. I’d set the minimum of players at four and max at ten.
•   The only way I see the popularity of sins declining would be to do the above though. Make something they want to get, but can’t do it alone. That or just really increase the length of PV to its original state. Maybe even put another boss at the end just to make it worse, one with immunity to physical attacks, the other magic. It’d then force a class separation, or even better, make mobs have stealth detection higher. Basically make people leave PV and say, “LFM> 3 for God Slayers!” I don’t see you coming up with a name for it, don’t judge. This would also give a player an option to get something better, or go farm out PV. Just though now going to PV regardless would be at it's full length, just the same boss though as it originally was, with tons more mobs to help leveling become easier and to stop the endless, even considerably pathetic resetting and killing sprees.
•   I thought of something too, why not make PV regenerate itself instead of resetting yourself? Meaning all the mobs respawn, that way someone can pull more and more mobs, lay out a seeker and wiz and level up easier. Somewhat demolishes the concept of farming since the new length would be added. It's a half and halfer... Only one way to find out how effective it would be? Test it. No this doesn't apply to the boss.

Unfortunately for me in the desire to figure out what was freaking out my cat Boo, I horribly lost all train of thought, even rereading this couldn’t help me…So whenever I get myself back, I will be happy to update the thread. Until then, **** you Boo.

--------------------
P.S. Put all QQ about reintegration of gay marriage into Epic into this box. [_]
Support a dyke and bear today, let cupcakes and fruitcakes love one another for eternity!
Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:51 pm by Casualty

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I hate PV as it is; expanding it would drive folks like me up 1000 burning walls of doom.

Also, sins aren't popular because of PV.  They're popular because they are mindless to play.  Throw on aps gear on a sin and they're good.  Even DPH builds are not bad either.  I have a sin, and the only reason why I started playing her again (until 2x is off, that is) is because it's ass easy for me to gain exp on it by just stealthing to the bosses in fc and feeding the mats (and I actually gained something like 50% on my sin without even feeding her the mats; I feed my wizzie the mats instead).  Stealth and how damn easy they are to play in pve situations is why they're popular.  Expanding PV won't fix that.  It'll piss off a lot of people though.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I agree with Mikau, extending PV would drive me bonkers. I think it would be nice to have a separate leveling area which is meant for just the 'hell' levels (146-150) and can be done in parties of 3-4 (make mobs hit hard enough so that you cant solo properly). However, I don't think its really necessary to have another way to level since there are a variety of ways already (card bosses, PV, invasions).

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
well people choose PV cuz they want, there are other ways to level up but they pick PV cuz its faster and easier.
they pick sins cuz they can kill the boss without the need of killing any monster, free farming, thats why the reward from it isnt that great, or else sins would just do the same...beeing PV 50m or 5miles long...sins will always have the ability to pass through anything and simply kill bosses for rewards.

i like the idea of adding an additional boss in the end, gaving both would cause 1 of 2 things, either pick a partner for those extra drops or just ignore that boss.

about the upgrade of PV into a bigger lenght, im not sure if Agatio want that, i will let him answer that  :rolleyes:
although it could be cool

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
1 Run, 2 pulls. I want to see a barb do that.

There you go:

•   How could we stop the over popularity of Sins?
Expand PV dramatically.
Why would you care about what class goes in there? However there are only 3 reasons ANY character goes in there:
1. Farm EXP
2. Farm EC
3. Farm coin
My guess is a sin goes in for more for EC because it can stealth to the boss. If you want to stop Sins going in PV then cut the EC from the boss, simples. But as you should know this is blanket punishment and a lot of people would QQ. Imo there are better ways to obtain EC anyway.

•   Why is PV even set for a timer? (As in you need to reset.)
I have no answer for this, all I can say would be to delay leveling..
What? are you serious? Every instance has a timer I really thought this was obvious why. Once you have done the instance then it's done. All the mobs are gone and the instance is clear. That is the only reason for the timer; so the instance will reset and you can do it again afterwards. The reason the timer is like 3 hours is that there’s always a possibility that a character cannot reset their instance, thus PWI HAVE to accommodate for that which is why the instance reset is so long. It allows you plenty of time to complete it, but it’s not so long you are waiting days for it to reset.  It's a very simple premise and it’s not there just to slow you down -_- seriously? Are you actually complaining about one of the games MAJOR fundamental mechanics?

•   Why is PV so short?
No real answer again to this, I would assume to make farming easier.
Why is the colour red called red? Really, I don’t mean to have a go at you but these questions are pretty ridiculous.  PWI is full of instances that take varying amounts of time to complete, PV is one of the shorter ones. Maybe you're right and it’s made to be shorter because you can get a lot of EXP from there. But that would make perfect sense to me, doesn’t it to you? Another thing you need to remember is that everything is much easier and faster here in EPW.
•   Why is PV have mobs that can stun?
Again only a guess, to slow leveling.
If you are right and they are there just to slow you down then good. They are doing there job and it makes sense for this instance. It’s not PWI or EPWs job to make the instance so easy for you that you can level up within a day. The game is meant to be a challenge and if you had your way and all the stun mobs were gone then what have you left?

•   Why isn’t PV longer?

Because it’s not, if it was longer would you or someone else be asking the question: Why isn’t PV shorter?
•   Why is there only one boss and why is it so weak?

Because you are in Epic PW, not PWI. I guess it would make sense to make this boss more OP here but then is there really any need?
•   Couldn't we have something harder to kill as a Sin and force us to get say an archer, veno, or a wizard to help?

You could give it physical immunity, but then really who is going to do all that just for 6 ec max? You were trying to make the instance easier a second ago now you want to make it harder?
•   What would happen if we separated this ideal dungeon and gave it better drops by far

Then your instance would crash more times than it does now due to too many people going in.

The only way I see the popularity of sins declining would be to do the above though.

Why do you want to see the popularity decline? I know the instance sometimes breaks on 2x but that’s people, you can’t blame a sin as a character, it’s not just sins who go farm that you know…
•   I thought of something too, why not make PV regenerate itself instead of resetting yourself?

In theory possible, some instances reset themselves when you leave, but then that means when you die, all your progress is lost and that will piss people off. Also you cannot go outside to get supply’s if you need them. And I now you may be thinking “Tough that’s the way it is, you should think about it before you go in” but I’ll point out that’s not the way it is. THIS is the way it is and it’s this way for a reason.

In summary sounds like to me you want to make PV longer because it drops good stuff. You also want to exclude Assassins from PV and increase the bosses power and drop rates. Sorry to say but it sounds to me like another “I want this, I want that” thread. PV is by far the fastest way to level up your character. The rewards that drop are sufficient but not overly OP. Maybe the boss could do with a power up but then, how many bosses in this game other than WBs do you know that you cant solo? This is just the way PV is and asking questions like this isn’t really going to help you. The instance is not tailored to benefit you, it simply is what it is. I vote to leave PV as it is.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
You have to remember that this is just a leveling instance. Once most people hit 150 they will most likely never enter pv again on that character. As for sins stealthing to boss, It's 2x get over it, It's supposed to be a fun bonus for everyone. Besides, on the normal non 2x days there are alot better ways to farm ec and stealthing pv isn't as common as it is on a 2x day. PV is fine as it is, there isn't much else for me to add because I think Barbie did a pretty good job of answering your questions.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming

cevans1290

GM, make it longer. I get 147 barb and go tank pv. It has 60k hp, I get 150 in a day o.O All the rest? I didn't read ^^

Offline Teguro Brother

• I'm an American. Ruining the world is what i do.
well people choose PV cuz they want, there are other ways to level up but they pick PV cuz its faster and easier.
they pick sins cuz they can kill the boss without the need of killing any monster, free farming, thats why the reward from it isnt that great, or else sins would just do the same...beeing PV 50m or 5miles long...sins will always have the ability to pass through anything and simply kill bosses for rewards.

i like the idea of adding an additional boss in the end, gaving both would cause 1 of 2 things, either pick a partner for those extra drops or just ignore that boss.

about the upgrade of PV into a bigger lenght, im not sure if Agatio want that, i will let him answer that  :rolleyes:
although it could be cool
Make the mobs higher lvl then sin stealth, adjust how much exp and spirit they give as well as hp accordingly = Problem Solved.
If you love something, set it free.

If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
PV is quite good here, but making instances more mob-packed or simply making pv in smaller instances and removing stunners and slowers would be awsome.

Offline _Baby_

• Fail Cleric
  • working on stuff
  • Characters: Gilda, Atla, DangerDoll, etc., etc.
  • Faction: TideTrash
Let us see.. First there were the bunnies.. they dropped too much coin, and higher levels were farming them for coin when they needed it. So that was cut out and the little baby chars get none now except what comes with their char.
Then there was this class or that class was too OP for some. So we were all nerfed. 
Then the Seekers were leveling too fast to suit some of you. By vortexing for ec. So they changed the EC farm areas and spread out the mobs. No more fast leveling for Seekers or standing for hours farming EC.
Now Assassins stealth to the boss and farm EC during PV, an instance geared primarily toward leveling up chars from 110 to 150. So you say drop the EC from the boss and make the instance longer, and more mobs. Again, the only ones suffering from that are the people who come here for the first time, or have made new chars, and are trying to level up and gear up using that coin and that EC as well as the Exp from the mobs.
Why don't we just do away with 150?
Make everyone 105, and have only PWI gear? Make the leveling the same amount of time as PWI. And take away the OP stones we can purchase from Gods Giving. I say take away Gods Giving altogether. How is that?
How much more do you want to change this Private Server? Until it is just like PWI? Until only the class YOU play is OP? When will you stop complaining and be grateful for what you have?
There is a reason why we are all here, lets try to keep that in mind.
Thank You

DJBFF

I actually agree with this idea. Yeah, sure, it has it's downsides, like the mobs re-spawning.
 Example: You die: No scrolls or the scroll's on it's cool-down. You are forced to go back to town or stay laying down until the cool-down is done. If you go back to town, all the mobs are there, and you were close to the boss. It's horrible you have to fight your way back, but you can think of it in a positive way: More EXP and coins. But you want the drops from the boss.

Downside 2: It's short, yes, I agree, but, if you make it longer, it would be boring too. Like it is now it's boring, make it longer is boring too! I lately don't level anymore because PV is too boring, no one actually helps me open fc, and I'm too lazy to do anything outside of the instance!

Though, here are the good sides:
 1: The increase of EC amount gotten, but then again, this comes to a downside: The EC worth gets less, so the things we have to pay increase
Example: For a demonic armor token we pay now 250 EC. If we change the EC amount gotten, then the price of the token will also increase!

2: The extra bosses. Make a squad and kill those. Ok, sure, some would rather multi log. I can understand that, you want more drops for yourself, so that's also a downside.

But here are the things I want to change on it:

1: Make it less boring. Put there a more variety of mobs in there.

2: Put there NPC's. Like the GG. Yeah, I can already see people disagreeing with this idea, making this easier! But why not put them near the boss? Like, just outside the boss room! Not everywhere, but ONLY there. While you were getting at the boss, the charm may have ran out, and you're at the boss, or your rez scrolls have ended, or maybe even your crab meat!

3: Put there about 4 bosses. Each boss a different difficulty, and as you go to the next boss, the mobs also change! The strength, looks, maybe even the type!

4: Also make the bosses drop 1 to 3 Pure God Stones, 9-20 EC, and the EC amount increases as the new boss you get at!

5: Increase the spirit the mobs give. The EXP amount seems fair, but I think that the spirit actually has to increase.

6: Longer the PV, for more space for the bosses, but not increase it a lot, only by 2 or 3 rooms, for the bosses.

This was my rant, tell me if you think it isn't fair though  :-[

Offline Xavier

• a Tank a DD idk anymore xD
  • Characters: AltairSword
how about while increasing the reward also bringing mobs with stealth detection enugh to see a 150 sin
''the true warrior is not the one of greater strength but the one that figths for a noble cause
150 Demon  Bm AltairSword
150 Demon Psy ProphetAlpha

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
You guys are never happy with anything are ya? I say if it aint broke, don't fix it.