Epic Perfect World

Nerfing needs to be stopped.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
People keep "spamming" it for a reason. What do you want everyone to do, lie and tell the people that don't know how to play that it's not their fault? Mislead them into thinking it really is the game that's broken? Each class has its strengths and weakness, and you are supposed to group up with other people to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. That's how PW is supposed to work. If your class isn't that good against another class, and it really isn't your fault, then perhaps you should form a squad because this is a Massive Multiplayer Online game after all. Or should we start handing everything out to everyone and drive this game into the ground?
agreed <3  i like the way u debate with this people lol
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Always listen to what the players want.

but that should just be 10% of the way to acting on it. coz 90% of they time players have no fcking idea what they want.

Just something I learnt having played several servers that went to shit.

Offline lolz

• Beginner
come on guys it's a MMO , don't need to be balanced :<

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
oh i got a feeling that a nerfing war has just begun ^^ off topic lol

Posts come with an edit button to avoid double-posting, unless you are farming postcount in which case carry on.

u said it right..yes u are...my favourite class is mystic i luv playing it not bc they r OP..its just their bc of their eyes sparkle and beautiful hair...when people start to post about this mystic nerf thread..what will i do? yes i defend it >.> kthnxbai

I think nerfing is just fine when it's needed. I also know that most threads go nowhere because of people with this attitude "defending" their class instead of looking at how a certain skill fits into the bigger picture.
Mystics are in fact not OP I have a sage r8 mystic and nearly insta channeling. Its not that great and im pretty good at it but im sure I could kill it with my barb, my sin, or my bm or archer.. if you think mystic is OP you haven't played one yourself without absorb soul we wouldnt scratch other magic classes.. its just like clerics physical attck so what?

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Mystics are in fact not OP I have a sage r8 mystic and nearly insta channeling. Its not that great and im pretty good at it but im sure I could kill it with my barb, my sin, or my bm or archer.. if you think mystic is OP you haven't played one yourself without absorb soul we wouldnt scratch other magic classes.. its just like clerics physical attck so what?
Fact, cleric physical skill is better :/ it can do rape damage without the melee debuff, and its much more spammable then AS.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

No, absorb is nothing like clerics physical attack.

While they are both physical the mechanics significantly differ.

Absorb for one has a buff that makes it deal 2* damage guaranteed, instead of a chance to crit.
Absorb does not break sleep.
Absorb is not affected by deflevels yet attacklevels do work on it.
Absorb ignores -damage taken buffs.

At least TRY to get your facts right if you want to post your rather uninformed opinion.

Also I would suggest taking your  "Oh no don't remove my instakill button" QQ to the correct thread, this topic is not about mystics.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
No, absorb is nothing like clerics physical attack.

While they are both physical the mechanics significantly differ.

Absorb for one has a buff that makes it deal 2* damage guaranteed, instead of a chance to crit.
Absorb does not break sleep.
Absorb is not affected by deflevels yet attacklevels do work on it.
Absorb ignores -damage taken buffs.

At least TRY to get your facts right if you want to post your rather uninformed opinion.

Also I would suggest taking your  "Oh no don't remove my instakill button" QQ to the correct thread, this topic is not about mystics.
He's just making a point, and a good one at that.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Hei

People keep "spamming" it for a reason.Because it's the only excuse they have to keep their OPness? What do you want everyone to do, lie and tell the people that don't know how to play that it's not their fault?LOL. Ok, being an insta cast EA with a blackhole bow that'll keep dispelling buffs is perfectly normal. Undine + spark with high casting that 2shots people is weak. OPness is a lie. I guess so is the brain that you supposedly have, lol. Mislead them into thinking it really is the game that's broken?I'm sorry, but YOU are misleading them into thinking the game is balanced perfectly. Each class has its strengths and weakness, and you are supposed to group up with other people to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. That's how PW is supposed to work. If your class isn't that good against another class, and it really isn't your fault, then perhaps you should form a squad because this is a Massive Multiplayer Online game after all. Or should we start handing everything out to everyone and drive this game into the ground?Oh, I'm sorry, who handed OP -20 cast to archers? Who changed MP stats from r8r into casting, allowing people to have 2-3 casting stats on their equi, allowing them to become insta? Taking those away would simply be taking away the things that WERE HANDED OUT to everyone.

Anyway, your post honestly annoyed me. It's like denying povety in poor contries, saying that its a lie, simply so you don't have to waste your money to help the poor, as well as not having to deal with the facts.(Best example I could use, fits in perfectly.)

That leads me into an idea, how about replacing all casting stats from r8r for lets say, 3-5 attack lvl?(for archers, make the other MP stat into 3-5 def lvl as a compensation for taking away their bless box? It would also let them choose, better survivability or better killing ability[since def lvl bows are nearly useless, since only attack lvl bows, square formation xbows and blackhole bows are used]) Then people would either have to choose between low casting, higher damage and def (r8r) or casting speed(dragon)? No more instacasters with high dmg and def, and dragon equi would actually become an alternative. Because at the moment everyone throws away their dragon equips the very second they get their hands on r8r. Why? Because it's much stronger.

Or

Just remove dragon equi altogether and making r8r cheaper, no more 100% guaranteed blackhole stats, no more 16% casting Glaives, no more 4-5aps sins, 3.33 WRs(would still let them have attack lvl r8r fist with around 2.86 aps[if they are lucky they can get interval too), 2-3 aps axe barbs, 70-99 cast robes. Everyone would need to make different r8r weapons if they wanted blackhole, casting, zerk, square formation or whatever so much. Sounds fair to me.
It would make the game a bit slower and more intense.

Gees, talk about writing too much text. >_<

Antihero

@Hei: I don't give a damn if my post "annoyed" you. Especially when the first line you respond with is this:

Because it's the only excuse they have to keep their OPness?

I just explained how this game works (or at least is supposed to). The classes people claim to be OP normally aren't. I think it would also help to look at the people who are saying it. It's usually the players dealing with them. And in case you haven't figured it out, Archers are supposed to do a lot of damage. They have a relatively low overall defense to compensate for that. They go down quickly if a magic class focuses fire on them, or if a physical class can get in and keep them stunned. Archers were given instacast and dispell to compete with the magic classes who have low channeling times.

I'm sorry, but YOU are misleading them into thinking the game is balanced perfectly.

I have never even hinted at that, and that right there proves that you haven't paid attention to anything I've said. To save you the trouble of having to find out what I actually have said, I'll quote it for you:

This "balance" that everyone is clamoring for is basically everyone's desire to give paper a chance to beat scissors, scissors to beat rock, and rock to beat paper. It's at that point that it becomes a completely different game. It would eliminate the need for squads of various classes, as everyone is "equal". Eliminating the need for various classes essentially eliminates the need for other people. Eliminating the need for other people essentially makes this a single-player game, which is the opposite of an MMO and the opposite of what PW was intended to be. What you guys, the players, are basically trying to do is ruin this game. Stop trying to ruin this game because you can't/won't use common sense.

Lose? Learn from it. Get better, get help, get geared. You have the power to overcome these issues without having to harass the developers about completely changing the game and its mechanics just to suit you.

Then again, I really shouldn't be responding to someone whose best comeback is:
OPness is a lie. I guess so is the brain that you supposedly have, lol.

Offline ℬʋttɦҿαɗ

• Hang☆Over
  • Characters: Butthead
Sad that Archer nerf topic closed : (

But that decision to make 10% cast and 10% dodge is most stupid ever lul. Those donators who could donate 194884190841089 ECs can stay "insta" still. Again not fair to people who couldnt donate ECs to get OP gear easily.

Atleast put EC donation back then, so others have chance also.
pitsid, saun, jupid, triibud
kingikotis katkine viiul

TÜRRRRA!!

Offline Tenashi

Can you people stop making posts about nerfing? The only reason 99% of those people make a post about it is only because they are mad and cant beat that class.. Oh well grow up its just a game if you don't like it stop playing. Stop complaining! Geez..
+1billion

Zilara

I don't even bother reading all these posts, in the beginning it was interesting, I was learning new things about the classes I didn't have enough information about. Now it's simply too much.  :normal-21:
My pieces of advice for some people:
1. learn to play
2. start playing the class you consider OP/the best
3. enjoy the game and stop taking it so seriously
The forum used to be more interesting without all the QQ.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
I don't even bother reading all these posts, in the beginning it was interesting, I was learning new things about the classes I didn't have enough information about. Now it's simply too much.  :normal-21:
1. learn to play
2. start playing the class you consider OP/the best
3. enjoy the game and stop taking it so seriously
ikr q.q
If you don't wanna play the class you consider the best, then don't consider the best. change your opinions. You can consider EVERY SINGLE DAMN CLASS op in some way kay?
And don't tell me that some classes hit harder on you and can 2 shot drop you or use a combo and kill you. Oh, please. You could probably stunlock them or do some type of shit that stops them. Instachanneling? Wonderful. You can still defend yourself.
(:

Hei

@Hei: I don't give a damn if my post "annoyed" you. Especially when the first line you respond with is this:

I just explained how this game works (or at least is supposed to). The classes people claim to be OP normally aren't. I think it would also help to look at the people who are saying it. It's usually the players dealing with them. And in case you haven't figured it out, Archers are supposed to do a lot of damage. And they did before instacast. But with insta, the damage is simply so high that its riddiculus. It's harder to defend from it than it is from sins that 3spark from stealth.They have a relatively low overall defense to compensate for that. They go down quickly if a magic class focuses fire on them, or if a physical class can get in and keep them stunned. Archers were given instacast and dispell to compete with the magic classes who have low channeling times.

I have never even hinted at that, and that right there proves that you haven't paid attention to anything I've said. To save you the trouble of having to find out what I actually have said, I'll quote it for you:
Twisting facts, are we? I responded to this
Mislead them into thinking it really is the game that's broken?
Which was you basically saying that the game isn't broken, that it works perfectly and that there is perfect balance. THAT was misleading them into thinking the same load of crap as you. And again, i said that in response to your 2nd post, not the 1st, so please, don't bring irrelevant quotations to justify your words.

Then again, I really shouldn't be responding to someone whose best comeback is:
By that I simply meant that you are stupid, as you claim that there is no OPness. Let me put it this way, people that don't know how to play will die in 5-15 seconds to non-OP classes. People that don't know how to play will die in 2-5 seconds to OP classes. You said "lie and tell the people that don't know how to play that it's not their fault?". Is dying those 3-10 seconds faster than usual the "noob"'s foult? No, so that is no lie, and your argument is invalid(and in my opinion stupid[but why would you even care, lol. If you cared about not looking stupid you wouldn't post in this thread in the first place.]).

Ah and i just noticed something with OP's post
Can you people stop making posts about nerfing? The only reason 99% of those people make a post about it is only because they are mad and cant beat that class.. Oh well grow up its just a game if you don't like it stop playing. Stop complaining! Geez..
Ehem... allow me to fix it, so its clear for everyone HUEHUE YOU NOOBS QQ COS IM OVERPOWER, NO LIKE = LEAVE SERVER. I WANNA BE OVERPOWER SO YOU SHOULD GIVE UP LOGIC, FACTS, TIME SPENT FARMING AND LEAVE SERVER Sounds about right to me.

1. learn to play
2. start playing the class you consider OP/the bestSo people would play a class just because it's OP therefore they wouldn't "enjoy the game"as much.
3. enjoy the game and stop taking it so seriouslyTo enjoy the game, there needs to be a balance. If you use a class that you enjoy playing with(not OP) and fight vs an OP class, you will die all the time. Do you enjoy dying? If yes then good for you, but 90% or more people don't. That's why there are threads about nerfing around.

Ok, I'm done with this thread, its full of people with biased/incorrect/ignorant opinions. No point using any logic to argue, as it'll never end due to general ignorance and determination people have to prove that the person is right. So, see ya, I'm pretty sure things will be nerfed anyway, like it or not.