Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should the Purify Spell in weapon be changed?

Yes, make the speed and free move buff to last 0.5 - 1 second
22 (28.6%)
Yes, make the speed and free move buff to last around 2.5 seconds
13 (16.9%)
No, it's fine now (5 seconds buff)
42 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Purify Spell

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
I would be okay with the speed boost being shorter, but I don't think purify spell is overpowered as it is except from in NW when you're carrying the flag, 5 secs at 15 m/s is almost enough to run off your opponents minimap.

Isn't that just Holy without the heal?

No, the "holy" shard doesn't give you antistun afterwards and does not proc when you're hit - Only when you're hitting others.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks

I would be okay with the speed boost being shorter, 5 secs at 15 m/s is almost enough to run off your opponents minimap.

No, the "holy" shard doesn't give you antistun afterwards and does not proc when you're hit - Only when you're hitting others.
I was referring to Fab's suggestion to just purify and not give anti-stun/speed buff.

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
I don't think purify spell is overpowered as it is except from in NW when you're carrying the flag, 5 secs at 15 m/s is almost enough to run off your opponents minimap.

Finally, someone who understands.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
I have to agree with this.

Agatio, you've done an amazing job maintaining this server, and I mean that entirely. I know it's hard to keep the majority of this player-base happy, as well as trying to find that perfect balance, but this server is on the top of both voting sites for a reason. If people want to cry about their class or someone else's because they have no skill/experience, then recommend that they try another class or even a different server. Don't waste your time on trying to keep a few kids who can't play very well happy. You'll stress yourself out.

These threads about "QQ nerf this, QQ nerf that" really need to stop, guys. Don't come on these forums and make a scene because you suck at the game.

Malon out.

+1000000 If I could upvote this I would.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I say leave it as it is.

I do not have a purify weapon on any of my arcanes (the only r8 I have is on archer and wizzie and my wizzie's weapon came out pretty nicely after 15 rolls), but it's something that unless you get REALLY lucky or spend copious amounts of money (in game and/or rl) you ain't never getting it.  The odds of getting Infinite (completely useless) on a weapon is much higher than the odds of getting purify.

This isn't to say that I don't think it's OP.  It actually is and it shouldn't have been introduced in the first place (or should've been adjusted when the advanced morai skills came out).  But since there's a .00001% chance of getting it anyways, it's not a huge threat.

And I'm kinda getting a little worried about all the nerfing.  Thing is, you can nerf one thing, but it's just gonna *** up balance somewhere else.   Then in trying to fix that balance, something else goes wrong.  In attempting to make everyone happy, you make em miserable instead.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I have to say purify spell makes the psy classes life harder, u can see wizards killing sins for the only reason that most wizards use purify spell  :-[ veno's killing bms ( yes very possible ) just cuz bms cant stunlock em ( which in my opinion stunlock and hf is the most important thing a bm should do ) and HA clerics using purify in mass pk, thats just insane lol it already takes a lot to kill HA clerics without purify..., but then again if purify is removed then ppl will start to say to remove other things too  :-[

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
hmm I like the idea of making it 2.5 sec or 1 sec
The only class that would suffer because of puri wep in 1v1 is WR imo, the other classes have other shizz to make up for it.

As far as mass PK gos, yea sure it's annoying but never seen a EP or any other mag class tank everyone and escape repeatedly because of it.

I actually think it add a bit to the game play. Making it shorter will stop it from being a gear based win but more of a skill based win. Knowing when to switch wepons at the right time to hopefully get that 1-2.5 sec anti stun is good game.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
@ Ely,
Any person who knows how to play their class is harder to kill. There is always a trade-off with gears in most cases, as I said before, if you get purify (and as Mikau said, if you spend a lot ingame) then you lose out on the atk and def levels making you do lower damage. You're right about saying that if Purify gets nerfed/removed, then people will find something else. They always do

Insanity

@Malon
I like how you don't know anything about PvP, yet you still whining about "QQ" threads

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
@Malon
I like how you don't know anything about PvP, yet you still whining about "QQ" threads

All GMs start out as players, or maybe you've forgotten.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Insanity

you lived in sz
Just leave those threads to people who actually know what they talk about, ty

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
you lived in sz

Then you obviously didn't know anything about me. I loved to go mass PKing and do TWs.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Ache

• AcheroN Love me or Hate me ;)
OK than reduce...Tidel Time or WoG , etc.....

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!   ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
@ Ely,
Any person who knows how to play their class is harder to kill. There is always a trade-off with gears in most cases, as I said before, if you get purify (and as Mikau said, if you spend a lot ingame) then you lose out on the atk and def levels making you do lower damage. You're right about saying that if Purify gets nerfed/removed, then people will find something else. They always do
I could easily get ride of the purify spell since i barely use it, there are a lot of other ways to win 1v1, as for example, my sage wf could be a good tank ( 75 def lvl with normal runs, pure magice, in fox form with 18k psy def ) and still deal good dmg ( that if i switch wep and some armours )
I made a test, a veno with half dragon half r8 and i do more dmg than full r8, with about 10 atk lvl... i dont mind at all if it's removed, but then ppl will say why not remove purge from archer's bows, maybe even GoF! who knows...

Insanity

Then you obviously didn't know anything about me. I loved to go mass PKing and do TWs.
lmao not like i haven't seen you, w.e im out