Epic Perfect World

Should mystics be nerfed?

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
There are like only 2-3 good ol' OP mystics arround. Dont ruin this class by nerfing them , nothing to nerf at all.

^^^

Just wow at the amount of nerf threads some of which are not even required.. The Soul Absorb was already reduced to 1.5x what else do you need!  :normal-21: :normal-21: :normal-21:

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
their hard hitting, is there to make up for their severe lack of attacks

This. ^

Mystic heal would be OP if it also purified. Gtfo pls. Stun/silence/sleep/stupify the bish dayum.

Notice how if you alter mystic absorb soul in any negative way, they won't be able to kill anything. Since that's all people complain about.

Should mystics be nerfed?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
^^^

Just wow at the amount of nerf threads some of which are not even required.. The Soul Absorb was already reduced to 1.5x what else do you need!  :normal-21: :normal-21: :normal-21:

Absorb is broken. SoW boosted its damage by 25-70% depending on attacklevel. Mystics can spam 25k a hit with no chi required.

For those saying mystics can't kill without absorb, learn to play. I've been hit in excess of 15k by mystic arcane attacks on a veno.

Absorb needs a nerf, has needed it for a long time.

I would say, remove the debuff from natures vengeance that makes it deal 2x damage.  Problem solved, itll still hurt (up to 15k a hit.) but the retarded, no chi required, spammable 20-30k hits would be gone.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
I totally agree with  Feone.
Hey, i love challenges and love strong opponents, but...
getting hit 15-35k out of nothing, over  expel, def. lvls, seal of gods, often immune pot-ad is no fun at all.
I find the dmg extremely unfair, with such fast chanelling you have no chance to defend this at all.
When i talk to really good players about mystics- everyone saying they are extremely op. You can defend a seeker 20-30k hit, you can defend barbs 15-30k hit, but you can not defend  mystic...if the plant or the aoe catches you, you are respawning in sz:)
P.S. If Mystics won`t be slightly nerfed, then i am making one. When i  start killing people with it, a real drama will start.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Nerf Absorb soul with like 40% damage and will be ok.I use a mystic..and it's fckin op. I can drop ANY PSY in 1hit or 2hits(depends on how i do ) But to be honest,doesn't require any mystic skill,if u spam absorb soul -.- I won't talk about any other classes and about how they drop in face of AS...Just nerf it

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I totally agree with  Feone.
Hey, i love challenges and love strong opponents, but...
getting hit 15-35k out of nothing, over  expel, def. lvls, seal of gods, often immune pot-ad is no fun at all.
I find the dmg extremely unfair, with such fast chanelling you have no chance to defend this at all.
When i talk to really good players about mystics- everyone saying they are extremely op. You can defend a seeker 20-30k hit, you can defend barbs 15-30k hit, but you can not defend  mystic...if the plant or the aoe catches you, you are respawning in sz:)
P.S. If Mystics won`t be slightly nerfed, then i am making one. When i  start killing people with it, a real drama will start.

Ill join you in making a mystic too. Let's go floor people with an OP class untill they nerf it.

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
Yes, let's destroy Mystics main (and nearly only) kill combo. While you're at it, do the same to Seeker metal combo, Archers and their heiro-bugging, psys + sins 20million ways to stay alive skills with their squishy asses, Cleric 40 second sleep, barb tortoise and armageddon,  bm aoe stun + hf, every single wizard spell,  and finally veno def in spirit fox form.

Nerf all that and our skills will practically be lvl 1. Might as well remove spirit completely.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You really think absorb is mystics only kill combo? Not to mention, even without 2x itll still hit well over 10k. Plenty to kill stuff.

Edit, pre-sow mystics were already rather OP on their absorb attack.

Call it 100% damage without attacklevel. SoW took it to between 125 and 170isih% by making attacklevels work on it. (190 if frenzy is added).  cut damage in half by removing natures vengeance's debuff and it will deal 62.5 - 95% of original damage. 
Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:02 am by Feone

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
0.0 Pretty sure I said NEARLY, the only kill combo. Any other attack on you by a Mystic is so they can get this one on you. LOL

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
going DPH against mystic is better than APS from my experience.  :P

Armageddon sucks imo. we shouldn't even have it on skillbar  :-\
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
Absorb is broken. SoW boosted its damage by 25-70% depending on attacklevel. Mystics can spam 25k a hit with no chi required.

If you remember it was 5x on beta and it was reduced to 1.5x

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

How's the beta remotely related to this?  :normal-17:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

It was not 5x on beta.

SoW brought two things:
1) 3* critrate chance to deal 1.3 times damage.
2) Attacklevels now affect absorb.

Before this absorb was already OP. 1 was removed, 2 stayed.

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
they reduced the onli good skill of mystic that we use to kill now nerf more ? why you guys don't go and nerf a sin ? 5k per hit in 4 aps is so balanced

Least get the right values, ur on dragon and I don't even hit you for more than 3k.

Offline Nine_FOx

could anyone explain to me how to acknowledge a epw class is OP? the way I describe a op class is, whoever use it, for sure it will win against other classes. Tell me your explanation about OP.
Gomiho the nine-tailed-fox.