Epic Perfect World

Forum Suggestion

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
Ok, Here is my suggestion. Instead of locking somebody's topic who posted with good intentions in mind just because some people decide to troll and trash the thread. Why don't you gm's just block the people trashing the thread for a couple of hours or a day? All you're really doing is punishing the person who made the thread and by doing so... you give the trolls what they want. I know for a fact from seeing this said in guild chat that certain people intentionally trash threads from people they don't like.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Ok, Here is my suggestion. Instead of locking somebody's topic who posted with good intentions in mind just because some people decide to troll and trash the thread. Why don't you gm's just block the people trashing the thread for a couple of hours or a day? All you're really doing is punishing the person who made the thread and by doing so... you give the trolls what they want. I know for a fact from seeing this said in guild chat that certain people intentionally trash threads from people they don't like.

I give +100,000,000 to this.

I could accuse many people of trashing threads because they don't like the OP but I won't point any fingers.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people

^This makes all the sense in the world. +10000

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I started to, but when I try I'm always told to do otherwise.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
They should get the support members to do the banning and stuff. c:

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I started to, but when I try I'm always told to do otherwise.

Well that makes zero sense. What do alot of serious players look at before they join a server? The forums ofcourse. What will they see when they come here? ....

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
Well that makes zero sense. What do alot of serious players look at before they join a server? The forums ofcourse. What will they see when they come here? ....

It's not my rule. Like I said, I was told to do otherwise.

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
We have tried it that way but sadly ppl find ways around it..ie making new forum accts to continue trolling. So Threads get locked..
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
If you guys passed out bans and mutes like you do on world chat the forums might actually be a decent place. The only difference is you dont have to rely on SS's to moderate the forums... everything is open for everyone to see. So they make an alt forum account?

"1st. Player will be warned.
    2nd. If player doesn't follow the rules, immediate action will be taken. This action results in forum account ban.
    3rd. If the player is still roaming on forum with a different account and looking for more problems, immediate actions will be taken. This actions will result on an IP ban from the Forum and Game."

"Using alts to escape the accumulate of punishments will not be tolerated. This means that if you keep breaking this rule on different characters the consequences will still be accumulated."

You can find this under the EPW rules and ToS page under forum rules.

You have alot of good people here who enjoy socializing on forums and many who come up with some good ideas. But by letting the trolls intentionally trash peoples threads you are discouraging the decent minded people from even posting here.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
If you guys passed out bans and mutes like you do on world chat the forums might actually be a decent place. The only difference is you dont have to rely on SS's to moderate the forums... everything is open for everyone to see. So they make an alt forum account?

"1st. Player will be warned.
    2nd. If player doesn't follow the rules, immediate action will be taken. This action results in forum account ban.
    3rd. If the player is still roaming on forum with a different account and looking for more problems, immediate actions will be taken. This actions will result on an IP ban from the Forum and Game."

"Using alts to escape the accumulate of punishments will not be tolerated. This means that if you keep breaking this rule on different characters the consequences will still be accumulated."

You can find this under the EPW rules and ToS page under forum rules.

You have alot of good people here who enjoy socializing on forums and many who come up with some good ideas. But by letting the trolls intentionally trash peoples threads you are discouraging the decent minded people from even posting here.

Like I said, I was told to do otherwise.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
I agree with this 100%. Sadly trolls/Dipshits (excuse me) are everywhere.. I'm sure the gm's / support mods do their best on cleaning the forums.. But I really think the forum rules should be relooked at; considering people can get around things now .-.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
And I'm really not trying to be rude. I agree with you 100%.  :-\

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I agree with this 100%. Sadly trolls/Dipshits (excuse me) are everywhere.. I'm sure the gm's / support mods do their best on cleaning the forums.. But I really think the forum rules should be relooked at; considering people can get around things now .-.

The rules are already there as I just quoted directly from the EPW rule page, they just need to be enforced.

I am in no way trying to target any specific GM or make it look like GM's dont do their jobs. I think they do a great job considering what they have to work with. As I said, it is only a suggestion.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
And I'm really not trying to be rude. I agree with you 100%.  :-\

I know Malon, you're great. <3

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
ok tbh if we had to spend that amount of time in forums thats LESS time GM's have to spend in game. So its a choice. 5 hours on forums or 5 hours of support in game.
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$