Epic Perfect World

Advice Needed

LaceyPip

Like the Thread Name - I need advice, not sarcasm or stupid replies.

I am really trying to set up my chars so I can finally start to learn to do something I have never ever done before in PWI or EPW, and that is PK. 

Got R8 for cleric two days ago, busy re-rolling weapon but in the meantime bought a Dragonschild/Scale (not sure now what its called, im not ingame atm), for her. (It is a Magic defense one and prolly not the right one for her?)

I am always worried about HP drop ...now what I would like to know from you all who are in the know, is HP such an important thing or should I be worried about improving stats, ONLY improving stats?  The necklace dropped her HP considerably.

Thank you

L

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
hey there im not a cleric, but my friend Eros is a pimp pk cleric if you like you can find him in game, hes in Worms if I remember properly he would be your man for learning clerical pk ^-^ Good luck in your endeavors,
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM
HeadBusta-148 Barbie with a Slap a Hoe issue
StonerBob-150 demon wizzie
PureTalent- 110 sin noob as frig buff bot
Dolla4Holla- 147 demon 80 chan  arch

Offline moo

IMO you should just stick with the dragon physical neck.
It gives you 2x +5% HP instead of +10 attack levels (DS neck).

EP's heals are based on their base magic attack, so +10 attack levels are not something that EP's really need (since attack levels don't affect their healing ability). The cube neck is pretty decent, it has +5% defence levels, so either that or the dragon neck.

I would also suggest that you try out using a hybrid HA/AA build and see if you like it better. Your base magic attack drops a bit but you gain hp and physical defence. Take a look at some of EP's in west arch and you'll find a few that are HA/AA build, usually helm and one other gear is HA while rest is AA.

FYI even though EP's are decent at 1v1 with morai skills their main purpose is mass pvp, since I'm not sure what faction you are in, I'd recommend that you find one (if you are not in one) that does a decent amount of mass pk.

ps. if you are going to sell that ds neck, let me know. I'm looking for one.

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Which build are you going for? I mean either way you'll want phys adorns(Unless you're going to go HA/AA hybrid, but it's still nice to have both).

Offline Nobody

as a cleric, u need physical ornaments not magical, and for a support cleric u would wanna get the Cube neck instead of the DragonScale one.
Jishi

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
Agreed with all above. I played cleric on Raging Tide for four years, and in the end I rerolled my dear to have Light Armor, instead of AA because the physical defence is way more important than it seems. By using Physical necklace and helmet you can have a very good protection and still have your stats high, but I'd suggest to look for a good physical belt too, but keep the magic one too.
It's good to have 2 sets of gear, one for PK one for support.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Your question is fairly complex but since you're new to PK I'll assume you want a build that is fairly versatile & doesn't require too much pk knowledge to work with.

For clerics, in my opinion, that would be the regular full arcane armor build.

Things you'll need are: Full set of arcane armor, r8r preferably with -channel or +phys defense or +magic/strength adds. However if budget is an issue dragon works too. (though not as well.)

two dragon magic rings (or if possible a recast r8 magic ring.) Optional engraves with +magic, mag atk, str, pdef ,cirt or atk/deflvl.

two physical ornaments. Cube & warsong work best but dragon is ok too if budget is an issue.
Dragonchild scale works as well however more for a damage dealer than a healer. (It makes you quite a bit squisier compared to cube.)

A channeling cape, surpreme robe would be best but lunar works too, dragon is also an option but it will make it harder to kill things.

A dragon glaive.  (Channel helps a LOT.) Optionally, get a purify or deflvl r8r weapon as well, or an attacklevel one for DDing. (deflvl/purify is bad at killing but good at surviving, the reverse for attacklevel)

Stat all your points in magic with just enough strength to wear gear.

That being said.. cleric is not an easy class to solo-pk with.  It's amazing at support but playing a killer cleric takes some practise. If you are looking for an easy class to start pk with then a sin, wizard, mystic or psy are good options.

LaceyPip

Your question is fairly complex but since you're new to PK I'll assume you want a build that is fairly versatile & doesn't require too much pk knowledge to work with.

For clerics, in my opinion, that would be the regular full arcane armor build.

Things you'll need are: Full set of arcane armor, r8r preferably with -channel or +phys defense or +magic/strength adds. However if budget is an issue dragon works too. (though not as well.)

two dragon magic rings (or if possible a recast r8 magic ring.) Optional engraves with +magic, mag atk, str, pdef ,cirt or atk/deflvl.

two physical ornaments. Cube & warsong work best but dragon is ok too if budget is an issue.
Dragonchild scale works as well however more for a damage dealer than a healer. (It makes you quite a bit squisier compared to cube.)

A channeling cape, surpreme robe would be best but lunar works too, dragon is also an option but it will make it harder to kill things.

A dragon glaive.  (Channel helps a LOT.) Optionally, get a purify or deflvl r8r weapon as well, or an attacklevel one for DDing. (deflvl/purify is bad at killing but good at surviving, the reverse for attacklevel)

Stat all your points in magic with just enough strength to wear gear.

That being said.. cleric is not an easy class to solo-pk with.  It's amazing at support but playing a killer cleric takes some practise. If you are looking for an easy class to start pk with then a sin, wizard, mystic or psy are good options.

Thank you very much Feone for this information ...wow, its very comprehensive and a great help too

Agreed with all above. I played cleric on Raging Tide for four years, and in the end I rerolled my dear to have Light Armor, instead of AA because the physical defence is way more important than it seems. By using Physical necklace and helmet you can have a very good protection and still have your stats high, but I'd suggest to look for a good physical belt too, but keep the magic one too.
It's good to have 2 sets of gear, one for PK one for support.
as a cleric, u need physical ornaments not magical, and for a support cleric u would wanna get the Cube neck instead of the DragonScale one.
IMO you should just stick with the dragon physical neck.
It gives you 2x +5% HP instead of +10 attack levels (DS neck).

EP's heals are based on their base magic attack, so +10 attack levels are not something that EP's really need (since attack levels don't affect their healing ability). The cube neck is pretty decent, it has +5% defence levels, so either that or the dragon neck.

I would also suggest that you try out using a hybrid HA/AA build and see if you like it better. Your base magic attack drops a bit but you gain hp and physical defence. Take a look at some of EP's in west arch and you'll find a few that are HA/AA build, usually helm and one other gear is HA while rest is AA.

FYI even though EP's are decent at 1v1 with morai skills their main purpose is mass pvp, since I'm not sure what faction you are in, I'd recommend that you find one (if you are not in one) that does a decent amount of mass pk.

ps. if you are going to sell that ds neck, let me know. I'm looking for one.
hey there im not a cleric, but my friend Eros is a pimp pk cleric if you like you can find him in game, hes in Worms if I remember properly he would be your man for learning clerical pk ^-^ Good luck in your endeavors,

Thank you ALL for the information and replies, much appreciated

Which build are you going for? I mean either way you'll want phys adorns(Unless you're going to go HA/AA hybrid, but it's still nice to have both).

The only way I know is SUPPORT cleric, the only way I believe a cleric should be...thus far