Epic Perfect World

Communication

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Listen.... I really didn't want to make a post like this.... but everyone is still completely clueless of what the future of EPW is going to be. There has been minimal communication from the GM's outside of the supposed "accident" that happened. Clearly there was some communication with Inf with the EPW staff team based on this knowledge being transferred. All I ask is for at least confirmation that Inf is actually going to return at any point in the future, if not, what happens next? Will he sell EPW to someone? Why isn't there a co-developer being granted access in the interim? Why aren't more active GMs being assigned? There is so many questions and so much that can be done. Assuming he is completely bed-ridden, this kind of communication can still be typed up from his phone and would take under a few minutes. It would take one simple forum post from Inf to clean up what is becoming a catastrophic situation for EPW.

I don't care about the missed patch, that is unimportant. What is IMPORTANT is more communication on the situation. I honestly hope that Inf is doing well. I'm not saying this to be rude or uncaring of whatever situation he is currently dealing with, I'm just looking at it from a realistic viewpoint. There is more going on than we are being told about, that much is OBVIOUS.
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2022, 10:14 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Annikaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Annikaa, Annicaa
  • Faction: Leftovers
well people have been asking same question for months, i doubt u will get any because like u said dont matter u can legit find few mins to tell info and we havent even gotten anything.
Just do like we all, play epw as long as u can.
at this point server should be sold to active person

Offline ICEsmoke

• CowboyKing
  • *** em who needs em
  • Characters: QuetzalCoatl/ICEsmoke/Hiromatsu
  • Faction: Spiral
sell server to Frost

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
sell server to Frost
+1 I have offered already but no reply
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
+1 I have offered already but no reply
You will not be sold the server.
:)

Offline Sauce-sama

• Haters gonna hate
  • Characters: Explorer
  • Faction: Expedition
+1 for this suggestion.

Offline Leftist

• Future seeker
If inf keeps ignoring people who he once gained from what he earned on the server. He's either braindead or paralyzed. As frost said, we understand Inf is "going through real-life problems of his". But it does not mean that you will just have everyone waiting for nothing. Be honest to yourself, if you and your GM's can't keep up with the server, just sell it to someone who cares or has better plans for it. Period...  Sell the server so you will have more money for your "Medical Needs".
They see me rolling, they hating..

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
You will not be sold the server.
I will make EPW great again.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline ......

server better off closed rather than selling it to a player, especially players who probably have no clue how to run a server

Offline Leftist

• Future seeker
server better off closed rather than selling it to a player, especially players who probably have no clue how to run a server
I don't think someone will be stupid enough to spend on something they are not sure of. Unless you think Frost is that stupid. 
They see me rolling, they hating..

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
Communication from Inf is the primary topic, the rest is secondary. Nea or Inf, can you please give us more details so people can have peace of mind? It's all anyone talks about anymore. It would take a few minutes to clear everything up and we can move forward. You have still have some semblance of a loyal player base, but eventually more people will move on and there will be no recovery. EPW already has been in a low point for quite a while, but there is still hope if action is taken.
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2022, 08:29 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Kasper Kasper

• Characters: Kasper
  • Faction: Blinders
We all still waiting for a person to run epic like before and have a fun server again. At least Frost is being proactive and is a developer IRL, but we all want to see Inf come back.

Offline нαυωα

• 🎀 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 🎀
  • Characters: нαυωα
now we just have to wait for the good will of the staff to answer all questions and give us a sign of what may or may not come.
I think the only thing that is really needed is for the staff to come and tell the real thing without being afraid of playrs, swearing or drama, just tell the truth and everything will be solved.
#fé#Força

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
We all still waiting for a person to run epic like before and have a fun server again. At least Frost is being proactive and is a developer IRL, but we all want to see Inf come back.
I like Inf honestly. He seemed to be genuine and actually took some feedback I gave him into consideration. Lots of changes can be made, for sure....  but he did some seriously innovative stuff. Hell, the guy has automated a significant amount of his workload when you think about. That's smart, since that buys him more time to do other things. Obviously EPW isn't his life.... but we can't keep ignoring the players. This shit isn't easy when it's mostly a one man show, but that's why having a co-developer is important. It's a "backup" plan in case something happens to one developer, or he needs time away. I know that developers are in short supply right now, it's a very competitive market, especially when most of our jobs end up being more than 8-hour days. EPW just isn't very profitable when you think about it.... but it's residual income. That's even assuming EPW is profitable anymore, which could be a major reason for the lack of activity from EPW leadership right now. Perhaps we are finally in the red and finding the "way out" is proving to be a challenge? Merely speculation of course, but that's what will keep happening until we finally get some information....
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2022, 08:58 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
now we just have to wait for the good will of the staff to answer all questions and give us a sign of what may or may not come.
I think the only thing that is really needed is for the staff to come and tell the real thing without being afraid of playrs, swearing or drama, just tell the truth and everything will be solved.
#fé#Força
Absolutely agree.
"My honor is my loyalty