Epic Perfect World

Critique My Gameplay?

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I did a 1v1 and lost so I decided to record it and post it in hopes of receiving critique on my gameplay. My gears aren't that good so this fight wasn't going to last long anyways.

Disclaimer: If you are going to be rude about it don't even say anything. I'm here looking for critique and I don't want any random attempts to create a shitstorm to get the thread locked.

If I create any more 1v1 videos I'll post them in this thread for critique.

I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
1.) you are a barb, dont even 1v1 again.
2.) Zoom out a bit, sheesh cant see shet.
3.) You are fighting a BM, BMs live on stuns, play around avoiding stun lock and camp tiger form a bit. Use that OP def  debuff tiger form has.
4.) aps with pole kinda wont work on a WR, try strength build with aps fists. Dont forget about some dex. (use ur accuracy skill)
5.) get occult ice on your genie.
6.) Get fire/water/w.e pill for extra damage vs targets like WR. It counts as a pill and seeing that immune pot in 1v1 is kinda gay, spam ele pill.
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:51 am by IcyTech

Panda_monium

well this is hardly helpful, given that barbs can kill almost any class with ease. if you are a dph barb, sins hate to kill you, and most other melee classes. they key to getting your opponent as a barb is getting them in the longest stunlock possible, and use your double spark for the damage output. going aps barb, again, the stunlocks come in key. there are tons of more ways to own as a barb, so ignore that comment  :-X

Offline Odna

• Jack of all trades
  • Master of none
  • Faction: >Artifex<
Use ur anti stun before u 3 spark, not right as the fight start lol. Also use ur skills more keep using ur stun and reduce his evasion dont just normal attack
hell yea

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
2.) Zoom out a bit, sheesh cant see shet.
3.) You are fighting a BM, BMs live on stuns, play around avoiding stun lock and camp tiger form a bit. Use that OP def  debuff tiger form has.
4.) aps with pole kinda wont work on a WR, try strength build with aps fists. Dont forget about some dex. (use ur accuracy skill)
5.) get occult ice on your genie.
6.) Get wood pill for extra damage vs targets like WR. It counts as a pill and seeing that immune pot in 1v1 is kinda gay, spam wood pill.

Barbs already got a skill that gives poison damage. /inb4 this person already spent a shitload of elixirs buying wood pots

Offline Jesus2.0

• Hangā˜†Over
Well ive never played a barb, but I've been playing DPH (and APS type) BM for about 4 years.
Id say the biggest mistake you made in this was anticipation and paying attention to what he was doing.

You really jumped the gun and used your antistun far too fast, you should have waited till you saw him roaring or switching to poleaxe for drake bash. When you did this, you immediately just get silenced and wasted the CD on your antistun.
Now I kind of skimmed through the video, but another thing I noticed was your triple spark.
Very novice mistake my friend.
You left yourself wide open for a stun with no chi left, which puts you at a disposition.

You need to time these things, for instance, you could have lowered his defense, stunned, switched to tiger mode and swiped him till you ticked him, then switched, gone for a couple power hits (or trying to debuff him) in before switching back to tiger mode and apsing some more for chi.

At least try to not leave yourself with no chi left. Time and use it wisely

Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:57 am by zethe

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Damn, that edit ninja'd me. On topic, spam anti-stun, solid shield and panda/tiger form more.

Panda_monium

to add more damage with your weapons, buy a fire pill, they help tons when you stack the damage from your wood-damage skill. if you DO triple spark, do not do it against sins ( they can evade statuses sometimes and waste an occult ice on them), but other than that, use your occult ice after or during your spark, then count the seconds, use your next stun/count, power attacks, etc etc  :normal-25:

im not pro myself but i did learn something from training with another barb friend of mine, which actually helps :tiger-3:

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Barbs already got a skill that gives poison damage. /inb4 this person already spent a shitload of elixirs buying wood pots

ikr my bad, ish 4 am :C

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i'm a novice as well and barb vs WR 1 vs 1's have been a pain for me too. thanks for posting vid.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline moo

Your genie is not the best imo, why do you have badge of courage? I hope that your genie isn't dex build..
Get whirlwind instead or fortify. I also have no idea why you have holy path on it..

Use your tiger skills, e.g. devour, ancestral rage, frighten, alacrity, etc.
Get the morai buffs, blood rush and cornered beast.

Just some pointers: use alacrity to interrupt him, devour to lower his p.def + tangling mire, ancestral rage to finish him off when his hp is low, time your anti stun better, start with bestial onslaught for the crit buff, go to tiger when your hp is dropping fast, use bestial rage to get chi, use frighten to lower his p. attack, etc.

Just keep on doing 1vs1 and trying out different things, what works and what does not work and you'll find your "own" play style.

Offline sakurabak

I like barbs so I will help you:)
pm APAWOLLA  in game.

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
The only thing I remember from this video was your stun skill and 3 spark. Which is sad and a barb shouldent die in 40s to any class even in 140 gears. And you got some good hints already im lazy to post mine.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I made another 1v1 video but this time against a Mystic. The Arma at the end was horribly planned and if I hadn't have done it the fight would have gone on much longer. The 1v1 was hitting the 16 minute mark so I actually wanted it to be over. Like my previous video, I am seeking critique on this one as well.

I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Hm.

This. Nowadays, DPH barbs in 1v1 are pretty much useless, unless you're khaled. So if you are 1v1 type barb, just go for dex build. Put minimum dex and all the rest into str, and with bloodbath you will have insane accuracy. Well, my barb is sage and with sage bloodbath he has 14k accuracy. Uhm, about weapons, my barb has all available weapons except dual axes:

Pike but I only use it to purge the enemy if his buffs are OP ... never use a pike to kill the enemy, if you get pike, put some accuracy stones in it;
Claws - this is the best choice for an aps barb as it is the strongest aps weapon in the game. I would recommend to put a gloom stone in it, and 100+ physical damage stone..
Fists - I only use fists to purify myself when fighting a sin or any other enemy that can keep constantly debuffing you.
Poleaxe - ... You know ... I don't need to explain this one lol.
Dual Edges - If you're demon, you must have this. Demon spark - stun - penetrate armor - bestial onslaught - mighty swing - change to dual edges - occult ice - tangling mire and the enemy should be dead in 2 seconds. Hurr durrp.

About your gameplay style, uhm... I wouldn't say it's terrible as it isn't. You're a rather decent barb. On the 1v1 you did with the mystic, you did good actually, but it is hard to DPH a mystic in any class (I tried to dph mystic on sin and barb and it's very hard). I only noticed 1 mistake - the fact that you kept spamming Frighten (that skill which reduces phys attack and enemy speed) on a magic class, like. That's useless against a magic class but really good versus physical classes or even aps classes. You should also get sum pire fills, since they are the strongest pills in-game. Wood pills used to be the strongest but then mystics and seekers came out and they started beeing pretty much useless lol. Wood damage skill + fire pill = insane damage on any physical class now combine that with a demon spark, 5.0 aps, insane physical damage. No class will resist that so yeah lol. Also, don't forget to use Bestial Rage to get sum chi. It's really useful. And if it is sage, it absorbs all magic damage which is OP.

Your genie is also good, it is str genie right?

But yeah, about the video, you could have added music but it's nice. Oh, and if you ever wanna 1v1 for fun or even train purposes just leave me a PM here; don't worry, I'm just a little nab barb. xD

Keep up with dat work tho.
:normal-42: :normal-35: :normal-42:

Thanks for the input. I'm aiming to make a dph Barb. For the spamming Frighten, I am demon so I was trying to land a stun. Demon adds 20% chance to stun but I forget how long, I'd have to look.