Epic Perfect World

HA cleric - help with stats + gears dragon and r8

Offline OnlyTheBrave

• Diesel
  • Fuel for Life
He is trying to say that a good party can't draw the pressure of an AA cleric BECAUSE AN AA CLERIC DIES IN 3 SEC
And its actually not the job to heal but to rebuff fast. So +1 to HA/mix whatever Cleric

I guess that is what he wants to say.

Diesel Leader
OnlyTheBrave Barb | Milayne Psy

Antihero

higher survivability is a fact

Citation needed.

damage output? LMFAO PLEASE SHUT UP. Clerics are NOT meant to DD, they are meant to support.
Less matk for healing? not even that big of a diff. you're ignorant.

You're right, they're not meant to DD. I stated that already. That's why they're the designated healing class. There are times, however, where they're going to be forced into a situation where attacking will be necessary. If you PvP as much as you claim to, you should know this. If you know as much as you claim to (which is obviously not the case) then you should also know that there is a significant difference since the magic stat also affects healing. And you have the nerve to call me ignorant? Get over yourself.

Uh... I just listed all of them. Are you blind?

I'm not the one with the apparent comprehension problem. Again, get over yourself.

Of course not, but heavy armor will help you stay alive while you are stunned.

Citation needed.

Survive better with HA

Citation needed.

The fact that you keep talking about clerics DDing is how I KNOW you are absolutely ignorant and clueless as to what's actually better. Please involve yourself in REAL PvP. Clerics are not meant to DD, nor should they ever.
I pity whatever squad/guild you're in, because you seem like an awful player.

Then clearly you "KNOW" nothing. I've been involved in "REAL" PvP. You can stop assuming everyone who doesn't support with your uneducated viewpoint is as ill-informed and inexperienced as you. I'd also like to repeat the fact that I never said that Clerics were meant to DD, or that they necessarily should, but it's inevitable.

I pity whatever squads/guild you're in, because you seem like an asshat.

This is surprisingly hard to read when I'm stoned.

Le edgy xD

I think that a lot of you have suffered from prolonged exposure to players who do not understand the mechanics of PW or the way the game was meant to be played. You've adopted their misinformation as fact and it has ruined the game for you.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
Just curious, Why do you give a damn if somebody agrees with you or not? People disagree with you, So what? Trying to force your opinion down somebody's throat results in nothing and makes you look like a prick.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Just curious, Why do you give a damn if somebody agrees with you or not? People disagree with you, So what? Trying to force your opinion down somebody's throat results in nothing and makes you look like a prick.

Maybe because people are throwing insults around and saying he doesn't know how to PK when they have never seen him PK. :\
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
An AA Cleric Will Pretty Much Die In Mass PK Very Fast Leaving His Squad Very Vulnerable, Its Role is not Only To Heal But To Rebuff The Squad on A Debuff. A Good Party Wont Even Have The Time To React To Take Off The Pressure To An AA Cleric If It Drops for 3sec, Believe Me Sometimes It Is Less. An HA Cleric Will Give You Time To Atleast Take Some Hits so That Your Party Can defend You. And On This Server I Don't Think That The  Squad Heal Of A Cleric Is The Most Important and Makes Them Good EP, its The Fast Rebuff That Makes A Squad Very Tanky.

true.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline moo

Cropped screenshot.

Citation needed.

Probably to hide other people around who possibly debuffed the barb. Skewed data presented to justify the improper stats and gearing of a healing class for use in PvP.

Citation needed.

Like TFL said, the healing and damage dealing comes from magic. Having enough strength to wear heavy armor severely cuts your damage and healing potential,

Citation needed.

so your critical hits are basically the standard hits of a cleric with proper stats and gear.

Citation needed.

Why would a healer be tanking in mass PK?

Citation needed.

Did you guys miss the part about being a healer?

Citation needed.

You know, the primary function of a Cleric?

Citation needed.

The Cleric heals while the others tank.

Citation needed.

I know PK.

Citation needed.

A Cleric does magic damage and uses magic to heal, and heavy armor requires strength which is not magic and thus takes away from points that could have been better used for magic.

Citation needed.

A Cleric with stats taken away from magic to put toward strength will struggle to heal and do damage.

Citation needed.

Let me repeat that: struggle to heal and do damage.

Citation needed.

A Cleric should not be "tanking". That is the role of the rest of the squad. If the rest of the squad can't keep the pressure off the healer, then there is nothing that heavy armor could have done to save the healer anyway.

Citation needed.

Do not portray your ignorance of the game and its mechanics onto me, sirMittens. I've been around long enough to know how things work.

Citation needed.

Just because everyone has something doesn't mean it's better.

Citation needed.

Only... he's not? And insane defense? I'm interested to see where you got that from. They generally have less HP than other classes and heavy armor also cuts their magic defense.

Citation needed.

The only thing they're really saving themselves from are Archers

Citation needed.

as a Cleric can run away from melee classes if they want to avoid taking damage.

Citation needed.

At this point they're decreasing their defense from Venomancers, Wizards, Mystics, Psychics, and other Clerics, who all do magic damage. These are also classes that have ranged attacks, and that is harder to run from.

Citation needed.

If all this alternative-style of playing was really that great, why don't you see full Light Armor Blademasters running around everywhere?

Citation needed.

You're really not supporting the claim that HA clerics would be any better. More HP? Alright.

Citation needed.

Less damage/healing output? Lol how about no.

Citation needed.

And like I said, you can run away from melee classes. You how which classes those are, right?

Citation needed.

If you're going to bring up being unable to fall back due to getting stunned, I should inform you that heavy armor isn't going to prevent that.

Citation needed.

You're going to get stunned, and most likely die, if you wander too close to the action.

Citation needed.

Getting attacked by Assassins would be an exception since you can't see them coming.

Citation needed.

Also, I don't know what you're laughing about. Clerics do magic damage. You know what isn't good against magic damage? Heavy armor. Yeah...

Citation needed.

sixsignsofalex

Actually i find Arcane geared clerics, vit build, ( r8 def wep or even purify, tho i prefer def by a long shot )  are more tanky. im kinda sick of hitting clerics like...20k+ crits with simple magic attacks. when my wiz isn't even 1 of the harder hitting one's out there. It is true, in mass pk, clerics most likely die to archers/sins. but not always. and arcane, vit build, def wep clerics can still tank like crazy. if they want more p def, use 1 physical ring to give u a bit more p def :)
(not to mention BOTH demon n sage clerics can make their p def 100% of what it is with skills. Stream for demon. p def buff for sages)

Confederate

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

Citation needed.
Literally this

Antihero

I'm not trying to force anything upon anyone. I'm pointing out the apparent flaws in the logic people possess, and their hostility because their closely-held misconception is being challenged. I don't care what that makes me look like, because honestly I haven't seen anyone here who is in any position to judge me, but if you want to talk about looking like a prick then I think you're talking about the wrong person. I'm not the one trolling this thread, pretending to be superior and telling everyone that doesn't agree with me that they "know nothing about PK" and they should "stop posting". I'm not the one who decided to post a comment spamming a line from my previous post in a rather pathetic attempt to mock me, but instead just showed a lack of understanding of this subject and an inability to contribute anything constructive/useful to this thread. Or even the half-wit below him who reiterated my point without the ability to respond to it. I'm not those people. If I sound like a "prick" to you, however, then perhaps you should look to see what was done to warrant that sort of reaction.

Confederate

the passive-aggressiveness is strong in this one

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk

If you had any credibility in your arguments(which I highly doubt) then in this thread you just lost it.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline moo

I find his hypocrisy even stronger, I would guesstimate it has reached over 9000.

Confederate

If you had any credibility in your arguments(which I highly doubt) then in this thread you just lost it.
What I just said doesn't render any points made previously moot. If you think me pointing out this kid's obvious personality disorder voids any facts I've stated, you are so unintelligent that you cannot possibly be reasoned with.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
What I just said doesn't render any points made previously moot.

When you lose credibility the point you are trying to make becomes moot.

Confederate

When you lose credibility the point you are trying to make becomes moot.
Like you're anyone to talk about credibility. Who are you? What credibility do you have? What have you ever done? You are a nonfactor in PvP. Nobody knows you, nobody has ever seen you play and/or can vouch for your accomplishments or actions.

All you do is post on forums.

And how did I lose credibility? Because I pointed out this kid's obvious personality disorder?