Epic Perfect World

HA cleric - help with stats + gears dragon and r8

Antihero

Now I do realize you know nothing about PK.

" A Cleric should not be tanking " - What did I just read. You think that in mass PK, good players will target sins first? That they will target barbs first? No. Because they can't drop them if the cleric keeps healing the squad! So just let the cleric keep healing and that fight will never end if the cleric isn't dead. And you think that a cleric's role in mass PK is damage dealing?  :normal-2::normal-2: I'm done. Let me just go create a cleric and go AA on my squad. Too stronk.  :normal-42:

+1. Pipe down.  :))

Yeah... confirmed for troll. Either that or you just blatantly refuse to pay attention.  :tiger-9:

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
If arcane was better than heavy, you wouldn't have 90% of the clerics of major pk factions wearing heavy armor.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Confederate

It's funny that you say Mittens is trolling when he's right. Hybrid clerics (HA/AA mix) are much better at staying alive because of their insane defense. You can have all the magic possible but if you're dead, you can't heal.

Everyone trying to say that AA is the only option because of stat points is a damned fool. Honestly, just learn to play.

Zilara

Cropped screenshot. Probably to hide other people around who possibly debuffed the barb. Skewed data presented to justify the improper stats and gearing of a healing class for use in PvP. Like TFL said, the healing and damage dealing comes from magic. Having enough strength to wear heavy armor severely cuts your damage and healing potential, so your critical hits are basically the standard hits of a cleric with proper stats and gear.

1. I don't want everyone to see my skill bars.
2. That was actually a 1vs1. Only Zeroko was around and he didn't interfere.
3. I've never even seen you in pk.  :normal-1:

Confederate

Antihero

If arcane was better than heavy, you wouldn't have 90% of the clerics of major pk factions wearing heavy armor.

Just because everyone has something doesn't mean it's better.

It's funny that you say Mittens is trolling when he's right. Hybrid clerics (HA/AA mix) are much better at staying alive because of their insane defense. You can have all the magic possible but if you're dead, you can't heal.

Everyone trying to say that AA is the only option because of stat points is a damned fool. Honestly, just learn to play.

Only... he's not? And insane defense? I'm interested to see where you got that from. They generally have less HP than other classes and heavy armor also cuts their magic defense. The only thing they're really saving themselves from are Archers, as a Cleric can run away from melee classes if they want to avoid taking damage. At this point they're decreasing their defense from Venomancers, Wizards, Mystics, Psychics, and other Clerics, who all do magic damage. These are also classes that have ranged attacks, and that is harder to run from. If all this alternative-style of playing was really that great, why don't you see full Light Armor Blademasters running around everywhere?

This is one of those situations where actually reading the contents of the thread would serve you well.

*insert reaction images and emotes here*

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
2. That was actually a 1vs1. Only Zeroko was around and he didn't interfere.

He's probably like me and prefers to stay anonymous. Not for any particular reason that's just how I am.
You don't know who I am yet you see me in pk all the time.

Confederate

Only... he's not? And insane defense? I'm interested to see where you got that from.
use Eye of Observation on HA/AA ep, see for yourself

They generally have less HP than other classes and heavy armor also cuts their magic defense.

Not possible considering HA gives more HP than AA

The only thing they're really saving themselves from are Archers
Also: sins, barbs and BMs - all the best classes to kill an AA EP with.

as a Cleric can run away from melee classes if they want to avoid taking damage
Not with roar + drake bash + reckless rush + reel in +  meteor rush + head hunt + tacking slash + deep sing + tele stun + mighty swing + ancestral rage + demon frighten + alacrity of the beast + occult ice + aim low + stunning arrow. All of those prevent you from being able to just "run away" unless you vac, ig, sutra or have purify proc/AD/fortify active. Those are only from 4 classes, too. When you actually have people AAing onto you, you need all the HP and defense you can get.

and other Clerics
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

who all do magic damage
Most don't AA EPs with the expectation that they're arcane.

why don't you see full Light Armor Blademasters running around everywhere?
You used to, before r9 on PWI came out and killed unique gear setups

Antihero

You're really not supporting the claim that HA clerics would be any better. More HP? Alright. Less damage/healing output? Lol how about no. And like I said, you can run away from melee classes. You how which classes those are, right? If you're going to bring up being unable to fall back due to getting stunned, I should inform you that heavy armor isn't going to prevent that. You're going to get stunned, and most likely die, if you wander too close to the action. Getting attacked by Assassins would be an exception since you can't see them coming. Also, I don't know what you're laughing about. Clerics do magic damage. You know what isn't good against magic damage? Heavy armor. Yeah...

Confederate

You're really not supporting the claim that HA clerics would be any better.
higher survivability is a fact

More HP? Alright. Less damage/healing output? Lol how about no
damage output? LMFAO PLEASE SHUT UP. Clerics are NOT meant to DD, they are meant to support.
Less matk for healing? not even that big of a diff. you're ignorant.

And like I said, you can run away from melee classes. You how which classes those are, right?
Uh... I just listed all of them. Are you blind?
If you're going to bring up being unable to fall back due to getting stunned, I should inform you that heavy armor isn't going to prevent that.

Of course not, but heavy armor will help you stay alive while you are stunned.

You're going to get stunned, and most likely die, if you wander too close to the action.

Survive better with HA

Also, I don't know what you're laughing about. Clerics do magic damage. You know what isn't good against magic damage? Heavy armor. Yeah...
The fact that you keep talking about clerics DDing is how I KNOW you are absolutely ignorant and clueless as to what's actually better. Please involve yourself in REAL PvP. Clerics are not meant to DD, nor should they ever.
I pity whatever squad/guild you're in, because you seem like an awful player.

Offline OnlyTheBrave

• Diesel
  • Fuel for Life
Ok I lied, one more post. The op was not asking which build is better, so all this bickering is pointless and off topic. The poster was only asking how to do the HA cleric build. If you want to continue with this I would suggest making your own topic to discuss the pro's and con's of cleric builds. Yeah the op is a troll, but don't stoop down to his level and butcher his thread.
This.

Anyways I have a little story to tell.
I once casted my Berserker's Wrath on an AA cleric being in the Air. The cleric died.
The End :)

Okay enough with the jokes. There are enough and good reasons to go mixed/HA cleric.
An AA cleric might heal more and deal more damage ( DMG dealing ... Why the fck .... No clerics don't deal damage, they just heal and SoG the shit out of the enemies ) but how does the cleric want to heal when they get oneshotted by any phys class? Being HA may makes them more vulnerable to arcane classes BUT they arent a oneshot to those classes.
I prefer a 5k heal over a non existant 10k heal BECAUSE THE CLERIC IS DEAD ( numbers were chosen randomly to express myself )
I don't wanna say that AA clerics suck or anything but they are not that useful in MASS pk.

Enough builds were mentioned already. There's no need to discuss this stuff furhter. If so ... new thread as BamBam already said.
Thank you for reading my post.

Diesel Leader
OnlyTheBrave Barb | Milayne Psy

Offline _Jose_

An AA Cleric Will Pretty Much Die In Mass PK Very Fast Leaving His Squad Very Vulnerable, Its Role is not Only To Heal But To Rebuff The Squad on A Debuff. A Good Party Wont Even Have The Time To React To Take Off The Pressure To An AA Cleric If It Drops for 3sec, Believe Me Sometimes It Is Less. An HA Cleric Will Give You Time To Atleast Take Some Hits so That Your Party Can defend You. And On This Server I Don't Think That The  Squad Heal Of A Cleric Is The Most Important and Makes Them Good EP, its The Fast Rebuff That Makes A Squad Very Tanky.

Confederate

An AA Cleric Will Pretty Much Die In Mass PK Very Fast Leaving His Squad Very Vulnerable, Its Role is not Only To Heal But To Rebuff The Squad on A Debuff. A Good Party Wont Even Have The Time To React To Take Off The Pressure To An AA Cleric If It Drops for 3sec, Believe Me Sometimes It Is Less. An HA Cleric Will Give You Time To Atleast Take Some Hits so That Your Party Can defend You. And On This Server I Don't Think That The  Squad Heal Of A Cleric Is The Most Important and Makes Them Good EP, its The Fast Rebuff That Makes A Squad Very Tanky.
Why Did You Type your Paragraph Like This????

I cannot read this. It's too difficult.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player

This is surprisingly hard to read when I'm stoned.