Epic Perfect World

Balance PVP Points Ranking System for ALL Classes

Offline Valley

• Goodbye epw ♥
  • Art by the amazing Leonora ★
  • Characters: Valley, Gravity, misery
It's becoming clear that every month most of the top 10  classes in the pvp point ranking are  classes that are either EA's or SB's.  This already shows that there is a disproportionate  balance between support, cc and  dd classes in the point accumulative system.  Unless those EA's and SB's don't sleep and are at every event, but this is clearly not the case.

As a venomancer main, and a class which has both CC and DD capabilities. I cannot gather enough points to outrank  the EA's and SB's and become top 5 even if I did attend every event... this is largely because I'm either cc'ing, purging or chasing the enemy.
Where as an EA and an SB can pick off targets quite easily due to their high damage output, range and movement capabilities.

Suggestions -

1. Balance the points gathered between the classes, e.g increase points % ratio for classes that have CC and healing capabilities. E.g - WB, BM, MS, EP and WF. This would give them a chance to be in the top 10 or 5 every month.

2. The ranking system currently revolves around damage outputs, is there a way to include damage taken in to the mix as well? E.g an EP is a heavily targetted class, and so are venomancers - is there a way to gain points from damage taken? This % can vary depending on class, eg lower EA's damage taken point %.

If inf doesn't find a way to resolve this, I am sure most people will end up playing SB and EA to gather points - which is something I'm already considering as there is no point in gathering points on WF.
Last Edit: Sept 24, 2021, 12:09 pm by Valley

Offline vand

• Faction: Vengeance
I totally agree!

Offline Whomper400

i totally agree with you.There should be system depend on what class you play how much points you will get.EA and SB should get less then some other classes.SB is class on another lvl and ea is is best class for mass   :P

Offline priyank

• Characters: Vx/Cyanide
  • Faction: Nostalgia
As a Sb main i agree it + increase demon sb dmg thy suck

Offline ησνєℓ

• α ѕρєℓℓ тσσ fαя.
  • ℓιfє вєтωєєи яєαℓιту αи∂ fαитαѕу
  • Characters: yash,novel
  • Faction: ╰☆☆ єνєяуωнєяє :) ☆☆
If inf doesn't find a way to resolve this, I am sure most people will end up playing SB and EA to gather points - which is something I'm already considering as there is no point in gathering points on WF.      
Clearly agree with this point ..

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
+1 He really needs to fix the rank revolving around certain classes. Point percentage needs adjusting.

Offline mikeyjamez

• Characters: _Jamez_
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
The server was already leaning towards such a state and this will certainly accelerate the process. 
Dare to be different ^.^

Offline TrES-2 b

ask this veno how to reach top10 rank!

Offline 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖘

• Notorious Titan
  • Faction: Notorious
It's becoming clear that every month most of the top 10  classes in the pvp point ranking are  classes that are either EA's or SB's.  This already shows that there is a disproportionate  balance between support, cc and  dd classes in the point accumulative system.  Unless those EA's and SB's don't sleep and are at every event, but this is clearly not the case.

As a venomancer main, and a class which has both CC and DD capabilities. I cannot gather enough points to outrank  the EA's and SB's and become top 5 even if I did attend every event... this is largely because I'm either cc'ing, purging or chasing the enemy.
Where as an EA and an SB can pick off targets quite easily due to their high damage output, range and movement capabilities.

Suggestions -

1. Balance the points gathered between the classes, e.g increase points % ratio for classes that have CC and healing capabilities. E.g - WB, BM, MS, EP and WF. This would give them a chance to be in the top 10 or 5 every month.

2. The ranking system currently revolves around damage outputs, is there a way to include damage taken in to the mix as well? E.g an EP is a heavily targetted class, and so are venomancers - is there a way to gain points from damage taken? This % can vary depending on class, eg lower EA's damage taken point %.

But all you do is purge-IG-fly away, that's why you can't gather points
Pw cant be balanced, stupid thread. 

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux

Suggestions -

Whilst I agree that there exists a disproporinate allocation of points between certain classes, WR SK and possibly supportive classes (dependant on others, rather than on themselves) the stress placed on the deficiency of WF and potentiality of SB is misplaced. 

Let us take an objective look. Here are the top three pages of the all-time pvp ranking.

We have:
Top 10: 6 EA, 2 SB, 1 WF, 1 SIN

Top 25: 14 EA, 3 SB, 2 SIN, 2 MG, 2 WF, 1 DB, 1 EP

Total: 30 EA, 10 SB, 7 WF, 7 MG, 7 EP, 5 SIN, 2 DB, 3 WB, 3 PSY, 1 MS

WF and SB are fine, the problem seems to be with EA, and the fact that classes like WR and SK cannot deal damage while fulfilling their roles. Hence they are not permitted places on the ranking. Point allocation is mostly based on activity, especially events like NS. 

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Whilst I agree that there exists a disproporinate allocation of points between certain classes, WR SK and possibly supportive classes (dependant on others, rather than on themselves) the stress placed on the deficiency of WF and potentiality of SB is misplaced.

Let us take an objective look. Here are the top three pages of the all-time pvp ranking.

We have:

WF and SB are fine, the problem seems to be with EA, and the fact that classes like WR and SK cannot deal damage while fulfilling their roles. Hence they are not permitted places on the ranking. Point allocation is mostly based on activity, especially events like NS.
Seems to me like sadday is best player in epicpw and not you hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
Seems to me like sadday is best player in epicpw and not you hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:normal-47: :normal-47:

Offline Whomper400

sbs and eas should get less points.That 2 class  most op in mass pk.Sb aoes and vortex and ulty so op.And eas so op.If aps ea then purge fast dead if ea skilled so many skills fast

Offline Daniel69

• First Day EPW
  • Characters: Gardasil
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Couldn't agree more.

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★
Whilst I agree that there exists a disproporinate allocation of points between certain classes, WR SK and possibly supportive classes (dependant on others, rather than on themselves) the stress placed on the deficiency of WF and potentiality of SB is misplaced.

We have:

Looking at the top 30 players' classes on PVP ranking is a skewed metric as these are the players who have gotten the best at either killing or being useful in mass pk. Most of them will have varying builds, gears, and skill level so the data can only show you what is popular to use.

The real and only metric you need to look at to understand that this system is biased is how the points themselves are actually calculated, which is based on 3 components. Listed in order of  effectiveness:

#1 actual kills
#2 healing
#3 damage dealt
which scales differently with which event is taking place as we know.
There is one component here which is entirely missing which is:

#4 CCing
This stands to reason all people who chose to be a VIT or tanky build for the purposes of CC would have to reroll or make new classses to farm the PVP system which is outrageous.  CC WR and WB and CC builds in general are super important to mass and right now they are not being rewarded as handsomely, if at all.

The only solution is to count the number of users stunned with specific skills and hit by commonplace CC skills as raw points in mass pk and certain events, and to increase the reward for healing as a healer to be proportionate to the same level of points gained when getting a direct kill as most of these builds are incapable of a direct kill. This also means you must put a selector option in C menu for CC as well

You should also reward minor amounts of situational points such as time duration or damage taken for carrying the flag and surviving. This is tanking and is similar to CC in its passive but helpful nature. This rewards when the flag carrier is stressed for a long duration and isn't one shotted and doesn't 15meter/second directly to goal but is instead contested which is the most fun parts of these events. 

You should be using these points to incentivize all engaging aspects of PVP since it is in fact the PVP Reward system.
Last Edit: Sept 24, 2021, 03:32 pm by Bianca666

NO AMOGUS