Epic Perfect World

APS EA Balance

Offline Duality

• Luka
  • Characters: Fate, Unsainted, Mountain
  • Faction: Vengeance
I will try to be brief in listing the problems with APS EA in the current balance-scale of MASS PK. This thread has nothing to do with 1v1s, and arguments of scale do not concern APS EA, as it is a mode of play rather than a class-set.

I see several problems with APS EA as it currently stands in mass pk:

1. Skill floor to pay-off ratio is unlike anything. Aps EA is far too easy to play relative to its pay-off. The ability to purge while dealing immense dps from a safe range is way too powerful. 

I do agree that the skill ceiling is completely no-existent and the pay-off of playing in such a way is too high. However using the term '' safe range '' is a bit of an overstatement. The reason why their '' range '' seems safe is because of the way 99% of aps ea's play. That is 3 spark, IG, focus 1 person, then just leap away and repeat when they feel safe enough (the cd resets in HB and CTF make it even worse). I personally haven't seen any aps ea in PvP having a big impact outside of those lucky purges, which hurt squad leaders and eps much more then other squad players for obvious reasons. 

2. Visibility. You can at least somewhat see an approaching WF, approaching CC, or a melee aps class pop on top of your character, you can react to that which you can see. You can see the massive SB ult, the massive WF ult, mass aoe's being thrown around, the cluster of EA's about to aa you from range. You cannot see the aps ea's arrows, or when you do you realize that you are either purged or dead. The arrows cant be seen in the midst of mass pk.

This^^ we badly need an animation for it. Usually by the time you notice it you're already purged or dead. The pitiful animation that it currently has gives you very little to no heads-up.

3. Purge and range. Purge is a necessary evil, but it should not exist for aps EA. There is a reason why wf purge has a near-melee range. One must at least be exposed to risk when using something like purge. Aps EA is essentially risk-free for its purpose. It means something to have a good wf who knows when, how and where to engange with purges, it does not on APS EA.

As much as I hate being purged randomly by a lucky aps ea, I disagree with this statement. Removing the purge from aps ea is not the way to fix it. The only solution I see is lowering the % of the purge.

4. It cannot be countered. I really do find it annoying that I cannot counter it. There are many abilities in mass pk which are broken, granted, but it is always possible to counter them. Whether it be a sb ult which I can faith, 3 spark away or remove it by some other means, a wf ult which has a delay and that I can see being cast and therefore dodge it, a db or a cc class popping on me and react defensively or with distance. There is nothing I can do against a 3 sparked aps EA which purges me on the initial hits and kills me instantly alone. I cannot see the arrows, sometimes I cannot even see from where they are being shot due to camera angle or them being on a tangent.

Look at 2.

There are many balance requests being suggested by players, but those are difficult questions of necessary evil's in the game, I do not think anyone will dispute these as a few examples: sb tornado, wf purges, wr disarm, granted, they are powerful, but they are necessary for the purpose of each of those classes in MASS PK. I do not see why APS EA should enjoy the leisure of providing an arsenal of WF at no risk with practically 0 skill requirement.

All of those are necessary as stated, but demon vortex/tornado range should be reduced to match sage. The amount of demon SB's running around nowadays makes the game really unfun to play.

I insist on making the arrows somehow visible, and I would suggest removing purge from APS EA. I would like to hear my fellow players opinion on the matter.

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★
The purpose of this thread is to have other players given out their opinions. There are many who dislike the state of aps ea right now.
I mean yeah there are some who dislike the state of aps ea but that can be said for anything encountered in mass pk that is slightly annoying. I have had many times where I felt tornado should just be deleted from game and then after the fact realized it would be a bad decision to do so. 

NO AMOGUS

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I AGREE TORNADO IS MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME

Offline Ancients

• I eat ass
  • Notorious Titan
  • Characters: Ancients
  • Faction: Notorious/Prominent
I AGREE TORNADO IS MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME
I AGREE ALMIGHTY, MISTER GM MAKE TORNADO HIT/PULL/GIVE CANCER TO ONE PERSON ONLY OR REMOVE IT

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I AGREE ALMIGHTY, MISTER GM MAKE TORNADO HIT/PULL/GIVE CANCER TO ONE PERSON ONLY OR REMOVE IT

+++++++++++++++ AGREED. 

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★

I AGREE WITH MISTER LEADER NUNO NOT BECAUSE OF HIS NECK BUT BECAUSE OF HIS HEART ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

NO AMOGUS

Offline pudoskin

you play sb bro
if any class that needs balance most,it is sb which 1 shot archers especially demon archers without def 

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
Stay on topic please. There already is a sb tornado thread. Nerfing sb further would be idiotic. Tornado is necessary for sb like disarm for wr and purge for wf.

Offline SHAMWow

• Characters: Dunot
  • Faction: B========D
Stop talking bout balance when you played  only broken classes

Offline Glacus

• Betrayed Lives On
  • Characters: Glacus
  • Faction: BeTraYeD/OC/420
just make the arrows visible , problem solved

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
For the record: I 'play' 9 classes, 4 of which I 'main' and I can destroy anyone I chose on any class I so desire. Stick to topic.

Offline elvrion

• Characters: Elvrion
  • Faction: Enelysion
subotai has changed the perspective of demon archer from being trash and useless last year when he came back to server to a wicked class now where some vicitims can be seen gathering on the post 
 :P jk

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
Just make it so its actually visible. 

Offline 𝓐𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

• Founder of Infamy
  • 𝒸'𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒
  • Characters: Men, Achilles
  • Faction: Infamy & Vehements
how shit do you have to be on sage with better range to lose to a demon ea. unless you are free gears and the ea in question is like 2.86 headass 3.33
im actually talking about them appearing out of nowhere and suddenly aps-ing. and then their SB " luckily " procs on the 1st and 2nd arrow. next thing u know ure dead lol.

range is not my main point, its about those arrows that is almost invisible.

Offline Pheng

• Forum Veteran
APS EA damage is fine, the the problem isn’t the purge, SB proc % is already low enough as it is. The problem with demon EA is that now they can stay at 2.5/2.86 (those with x4int, x3int, x2int) APS constantly with 100% quickshot, meaning more hit chance to purge. Demon EA deals an insignificant amount of damage if the target is full buffed, the only time it deals damage is when the target is purged/unbuffed and I think that’s yours/everyone else problem. Demon EA can 2-3 shot just like any other class can 2-3 shot a purged target, it’s unfair if you remove the only usefulness from demon EA.

Demon EA also got nerfed 15% damage from bow mastery and also lost their -14ct/5rmdt blessing but that doesn’t matter as much if you’re a demon EA with brain you with choose 6atk/6def blessing. While sage EA got -6ct and atk/def blessing to make up for lost attack and defense.

Suggest capping demon EA APS at 2.22 (2.00 is playable) and if you go over the cap limit, you get a attack boost buff just so those who have x4int x3int x2int gears doesn’t cry.