Epic Perfect World

APS EA Balance

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
I will try to be brief in listing the problems with APS EA in the current balance-scale of MASS PK. This thread has nothing to do with 1v1s, and arguments of scale do not concern APS EA, as it is a mode of play rather than a class-set.

I see several problems with APS EA as it currently stands in mass pk:

1. Skill floor to pay-off ratio is unlike anything. Aps EA is far too easy to play relative to its pay-off. The ability to purge while dealing immense dps from a safe range is way too powerful.

2. Visibility. You can atleast somewhat see an approaching WF, approaching CC, or a melee aps class pop on top of your character, you can react to that which you can see. You can see the massive SB ult, the massive WF ult, mass aoe's being thrown around, the cluster of EA's about to aa you from range. You cannot see the aps ea's arrows, or when you do you realize that you are either purged or dead. The arrows cant be seen in the midst of mass pk.

3. Purge and range. Purge is a necessary evil, but it should not exist for aps EA. There is a reason why wf purge has a near-melee range. One must at least be exposed to risk when using something like purge. Aps EA is essentially risk-free for its purpose. It means something to have a good wf who knows when, how and where to engange with purges, it does not on APS EA.

4. It cannot be countered. I really do find it annoying that I cannot counter it. There are many abilities in mass pk which are broken, granted, but it is always possible to counter them. Whether it be a sb ult which I can faith, 3 spark away or remove it by some other means, a wf ult which has a delay and that I can see being cast and therefore dodge it, a db or a cc class popping on me and react defensively or with distance. There is nothing I can do against a 3 sparked aps EA which purges me on the initial hits and kills me instantly alone. I cannot see the arrows, sometimes I cannot even see from where they are being shot due to camera angle or them being on a tangent.

There are many balance requests being suggested by players, but those are difficult questions of necessary evil's in the game, I do not think anyone will dispute these as a few examples: sb tornado, wf purges, wr disarm, granted, they are powerful, but they are necessary for the purpose of each of those classes in MASS PK. I do not see why APS EA should enjoy the leisure of providing an arsenal of WF at no risk with practically 0 skill requirement.

I insist on making the arrows somehow visible, and I would suggest removing purge from APS EA. I would like to hear my fellow players opinion on the matter.

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★
The only usefulness and reason to invite an aps ea to party is purely because of their purge proc which without x4 wrist is not instantaneous enough on an AA to make it as fast as a WF in the context of aiming to drop a target in a fast manner.  There is no logical way to make aps ea as useful and cunning or offensive enough in nature as sage ea in mass or 1v1 so taking away their purge has no equal trade to give them for such a loss.

You also have to consider it on a scale of how useful is this character in particular in comparison to how much PE has been invested into it.

For example, if you are an aps archer with x4 interval wrist, x2 int boots, and x3 interval top, then that means you have spent nearly 250k PE to get this. Would another class or loadout with 250k PE invested into it be equally as busted? Most likely. It just depends on what we are comparing.

Also if the aps archer does not maintain their chi and thus does not maintain anti-stuns which sage has way less of an issue with, then they absolutely can be countered. The risk on aps archer comes from all of your skills coming out at default casting speed as well as your reduced range compared to sage putting you closer to the enemy DD's line and sage archers can always punish you. Only being able to approach when you are in anti-stun or advantage state as a squad is the risk. And they can also be countered in the same way that sage can by catching them while debuffed or any normal way to take out a DD in enemy PT.

I also think you are greatly devaluing veno's arsenal by boiling them down to just purge while they have the single best ranged armor break in the game and a highly useful aoe CC with possible amp if demon + aoe status effects with rainbow + aoe Ulti purge  + aoe purge if sage.....

with sage ea range and any magic class with a range boost on any skill that they have being able to counter aps ea and aps ea having same individual defense as sage ea if not less due to no casting speed I'd say theres very high risk.
Last Edit: Sept 15, 2021, 09:16 am by Bianca666

NO AMOGUS

Offline DANA WHITE

• Characters: DANA WHITE
  • Faction: UFC
-rep  :normal-44:

Offline Annikaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Annikaa, Annicaa
  • Faction: Leftovers
I will try to be brief in listing the problems with APS EA in the current balance-scale of MASS PK. This thread has nothing to do with 1v1s, and arguments of scale do not concern APS EA, as it is a mode of play rather than a class-set.

I see several problems with APS EA as it currently stands in mass pk:

1. Skill floor to pay-off ratio is unlike anything. Aps EA is far too easy to play relative to its pay-off. The ability to purge while dealing immense dps from a safe range is way too powerful.

2. Visibility. You can atleast somewhat see an approaching WF, approaching CC, or a melee aps class pop on top of your character, you can react to that which you can see. You can see the massive SB ult, the massive WF ult, mass aoe's being thrown around, the cluster of EA's about to aa you from range. You cannot see the aps ea's arrows, or when you do you realize that you are either purged or dead. The arrows cant be seen in the midst of mass pk.

3. Purge and range. Purge is a necessary evil, but it should not exist for aps EA. There is a reason why wf purge has a near-melee range. One must at least be exposed to risk when using something like purge. Aps EA is essentially risk-free for its purpose. It means something to have a good wf who knows when, how and where to engange with purges, it does not on APS EA.

4. It cannot be countered. I really do find it annoying that I cannot counter it. There are many abilities in mass pk which are broken, granted, but it is always possible to counter them. Whether it be a sb ult which I can faith, 3 spark away or remove it by some other means, a wf ult which has a delay and that I can see being cast and therefore dodge it, a db or a cc class popping on me and react defensively or with distance. There is nothing I can do against a 3 sparked aps EA which purges me on the initial hits and kills me instantly alone. I cannot see the arrows, sometimes I cannot even see from where they are being shot due to camera angle or them being on a tangent.

There are many balance requests being suggested by players, but those are difficult questions of necessary evil's in the game, I do not think anyone will dispute these as a few examples: sb tornado, wf purges, wr disarm, granted, they are powerful, but they are necessary for the purpose of each of those classes in MASS PK. I do not see why APS EA should enjoy the leisure of providing an arsenal of WF at no risk with practically 0 skill requirement.

I insist on making the arrows somehow visible, and I would suggest removing purge from APS EA. I would like to hear my fellow players opinion on the matter.
agreed with it

Offline Ancients

• I eat ass
  • Notorious Titan
  • Characters: Ancients
  • Faction: Notorious/Prominent
1 - argueable
2 - agree +++++
3 - disagree, everyone plays aps ea because of the purge
4 - almost every single aps ea camps atk set for obvious reasons which leads to almost every single time one shot on them during mass pk but yeah takes 2 braincells to use AD and IG and they just get away with it 

In the end I think the best arguments in here are

You cannot see the aps ea's arrows, or when you do you realize that you are either purged or dead. The arrows cant be seen in the midst of mass pk.

There is nothing I can do against a 3 sparked aps EA which purges me on the initial hits and kills me instantly alone. I cannot see the arrows, sometimes I cannot even see from where they are being shot due to camera angle or them being on a tangent.

needs a change  :police:

Offline Ansol

Maybe reduce either the proc rate of SB(which wont matter unless its a very low chance) or reduce the amount of dmg boost they get from all their sparks 1,2,3.

4 - almost every single aps ea camps atk set for obvious reasons which leads to almost every single time one shot on them during mass pk but yeah takes 2 braincells to use AD and IG and they just get away with it
With the amount of anti-stuns EAs have since HS skills you hardly catch em unless its a DB/SB/BM/WB who knock em down,one shotting em depends on the class honestly.Most of time if you are a magic dd with limited range they just belief and in within 3 secs they are on other side of the map APSing you.

Also if the aps archer does not maintain their chi and thus does not maintain anti-stuns which sage has way less of an issue with, then they absolutely can be countered. The risk on aps archer comes from all of your skills coming out at default casting speed as well as your reduced range compared to sage putting you closer to the enemy DD's line and sage archers can always punish you. Only being able to approach when you are in anti-stun or advantage state as a squad is the risk. And they can also be countered in the same way that sage can by catching them while debuffed or any normal way to take out a DD in enemy PT.
Since demon quickshot is 100% chance i highly doubt that getting chi for APS ea is an issue,free gear ones with 3x SB bow are like 1.54? not sure,not to mention awakened that during events resets if you died after killing 1337 people with 3 sparks.Classes that rely on a buff that can be debuffed for their P.Def like MG/Mystic/EP doesn't even require em to 3 spark tbh,for example my MG takes 10k-15k APS without 3 spark if im debuffed.Probably WFs in human form same thing.
About 70% of community plays EA because its easiest class to play in group PK survavility and DMG wise.

On topic: They do need a "fix" so i dont call it a nerf but not make em completly useless.

Offline うあやめちは

• Weapon Designer                                                     🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤💙
  • {Man} Once upon a time there was a lovely princess.But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort which could only be broken by love's first kiss.She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire-breathing dragon.Many brave knigts had
  • Characters: attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but non prevailed.
  • Faction: She waited in the dr
You cannot see the aps ea's arrows, or when you do you realize that you are either purged or dead. The arrows cant be seen in the midst of mass pk.

There is nothing I can do against a 3 sparked aps EA which purges me on the initial hits and kills me instantly alone. I cannot see the arrows, sometimes I cannot even see from where they are being shot due to camera angle or them being on a tangent.

needs a change  :police:
omg yes, its too powerful just because we cant see the arrows its makes it suepr strong, gms should add effect of an arrow or make the arrow a bit bigger so its can be noticeable atleast ... and yes the pruge is too powerfull gms should nerf the chances of SB since eas getting full int out of gears this days...

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
-rep  :normal-44:

You only play aps ea, naturally I did not expect a different opinion.

1 - argueable
2 - agree +++++
3 - disagree, everyone plays aps ea because of the purge

In the end I think the best arguments in here are

needs a change  :police:
I dont see how one could argue that APS EA is not the easiest class to play in mass pk. 
Point 3. simply addresses the fact that the purge is ranged instead of melee. 
As for point 4. we are discussing APS EA's offensive not defensive capability (its ability to purge and kill instantly without any possible reaction-based counterplay)

Thanks for the input

The only usefulness and reason to invite an aps ea to party is purely because of their purge proc which without x4 wrist is not instantaneous enough on an AA to make it as fast as a WF in the context of aiming to drop a target in a fast manner.  There is no logical way to make aps ea as useful and cunning or offensive enough in nature as sage ea in mass or 1v1 so taking away their purge has no equal trade to give them for such a loss.

You also have to consider it on a scale of how useful is this character in particular in comparison to how much PE has been invested into it.

For example, if you are an aps archer with x4 interval wrist, x2 int boots, and x3 interval top, then that means you have spent nearly 250k PE to get this. Would another class or loadout with 250k PE invested into it be equally as busted? Most likely. It just depends on what we are comparing.

I also think you are greatly devaluing veno's arsenal by boiling them down to just purge while they have the single best ranged armor break in the game and a highly useful aoe CC with possible amp if demon + aoe status effects with rainbow + aoe Ulti purge  + aoe purge if sage.....

with sage ea range and any magic class with a range boost on any skill that they have being able to counter aps ea and aps ea having same individual defense as sage ea if not less due to no casting speed I'd say theres very high risk.
Pointless comments. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Agree with everything the best player in epicpw history(after me and almighty) said

Offline blush

• Old Player
++ make arrows more visible or something

Offline 𝓐𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

• Founder of Infamy
  • 𝒸'𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒
  • Characters: Men, Achilles
  • Faction: Infamy & Vehements
+1 to this. i play chant ea but i easily get rekt by aps ea who "easily" proc their SB. furthermore, when they start aps-ing it's hard to react to those " invisible " arrows.

Offline Lou

• Forum Veteran
I didn’t read what u said but +++ 

Offline Hypnus

• Akatsuki✪
  • Characters: Hypnus✪King
Ok but nerf veno w t f

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★
Pointless comments. Please stay on topic. Thanks.
Pointless comments? Alright. Don't ask to hear from others if you don't actually wanna bother to read what they write. I'll shorten it for you.
1. -1 Skill floor is low but payoff is vastly over-exaggerated. In no way does APs ea replace a veno whom has some of the best negative status effects at range period. The only time APs ea becomes strong from an aspect of killing things is if you get x3 top or x2 boots because otherwise you have to use one part dragon for fast purge (aka Trash damage)
2. Sure
3. Purge proc is balanced at 1.54 and 1.67. Purge will of course become less balanced with x3 int top and x2 int boots but this takes over 100k+ PE
4.  -1.   Every sage ea involved in the fight is a hard counter + Most aps ea do not make the effort to use def gears and even if they do their chi management and reactability is way worse than sage. Its easy to catch APs ea in a mistake because they are extremely slow casting.  Unless they rolling with IG then its free picking after one wingrise almost.

NO AMOGUS

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
Remove purge, boost base dmg but leave spark dmg same if possible, or apply boost on it too if needed
With current gear standards like x4 wrists x2-3 top etc they have pretty high aps which turns their bows into AK47 and i don't think any “purge proc rate reduction” will help
+ no point talking about their def and escapes because anyone can press faith ig on any class and that’s not what this is all about