Epic Perfect World

Poll

Do you want to see the Meridian system in our game?

HELL YA! I WANNA GET BUFFS!
HECK NO I GET GANKED ENOUGH AS IT IS!
Well if this gives me the chance to fight off my attackers better then why not.
Im not sure. OR I don't care.
I do but I want a unique version designed to this game. So not to be to simple but not to hard.
No EPW is fine as it is.

Do you want the new Meridian system from Rising call?

Offline gale0

• NO MORE STUNS PLZ
  • Characters: Fealan, Xinep , Eureka_
This is pretty simple poll, in PWI newest update to veno and nw everyone can now reach full enlightenment through the Meridian life system.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Not all of us play PWI anymore, it would help if you could include a more detailled description or a link to one about this new system.

Yes I am aware of google, I'm just lazy to go search for a good guide.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Not all of us play PWI anymore, it would help if you could include a more detailled description or a link to one about this new system.

Yes I am aware of google, I'm just lazy to go search for a good guide.

I agree.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline gale0

• NO MORE STUNS PLZ
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/78/20/78208b6a13a50cc97b17dd1522d949781371145503.jpg
Pan Gu has smiled upon the warriors of Perfect World, and granted access to the powerful Meridian life-energy system! Click through to read a preview of this incredible system that will permanently increase your health, attack, and defense!

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/7c/13/7c13da6fa720a561c50a7997534f68991370554587.jpg

With the upcoming expansion, PWI: Rising Call, the new Meridian life energy system will be available. When you open up your inventory (press "b" for "baggu!"), you'll see your silhouette now contains a constellation of Meridians, just waiting to be unlocked. Click the silhouette to open up the interface.
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/cb/d2/cbd2338a6bb80b6064a80a603216bace1370554605.jpg

The Governing and Conception Vessels are the main rivers of the body's Yin and Yang life energies. They must be held in balance, and you must unlock each Meridian to gain new power.

Click the open Meridian to find the Living Gates and unlock your true power and potential!

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/e9/6a/e96a9629931bb436793dd81a1a96a6c51370554713.jpg

Here you can see that there are 48 possible Gates, and in this case, 25 of which are "Living Gates."  You must find a Living Gate in order to unlock the Meridian, and move on to the next one.\

In order to find the Living Gate, you must "attack" one of the 48 Gates, and hope you find the right one!

In order to attack the gates, you will be able to perform Mystical attacks and Holy attacks.

Here's how it works:

Mystical attacks cost Mystical Pills, which can be acquired from daily quests, special events, and can be purchased from the PW Boutique.

The total number of Mystical attacks you can attempt per day depends on the number of consecutive days that you've logged on – one attack, per day, for up to five consecutive days.  So if you've logged in 5 days in a row, you'll get 5 attacks per day, from that day on, so long as you keep logging in every day!

But when you run out of Mystical attacks for that day, you can use Holy attacks!

Holy attacks work similarly to Mystical attacks, except Holy attacks require 1 Mystical Pill and 1 Holy Pill.  Holy Pills can be acquired via special events and can be purchased from the PW Boutique.

The number of Holy Attacks you can attempt per day is much higher – 50 per day you've logged in, for up to 2 consecutive days.  So if you've logged in two days in a row, you can make 100 Holy attacks!

As you successfully unlock Meridians, you'll see that your health, attack, and defense will increase permanently!
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/49/32/49329331fcc29d6408170bde8ceeaa4f1370556757.jpg

Eventually you will complete a full circuit of the Meridians, at which point you will be able to attack your center, and unlock the next level of Meridians!

As you penetrate each layer of Meridians, you will gain in power through knowledge of your core self! However, each layer will become more challenging to complete, and only the most steadfast and determined will reach true enlightenment!

How much power can you unlock? How much life-energy will you access? How deeply can you dive into your own self?

ALL THIS IS PASTED FROM http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=908201

Offline Zerk

• Haha Yeah Haha
  • Faction: Xpendable
Forever in love

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
No thanks. I go for No.
The Venomancer stuff is awesome, cool, they really need update...

But the point system, I don't like that, it can mess the balance up. In epicpw, the balance among the classes is very well (imo) I wouldn't suggest to introduce this here too.

imo.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
No thanks. I go for No.
The Venomancer stuff is awesome, cool, they really need update...

But the point system, I don't like that, it can mess the balance up. In epicpw, the balance among the classes is very well (imo) I wouldn't suggest to introduce this here too.

imo.
pretty sure gm's wont just throw the update into to the game just like that. If this expansion does come im sure aga will do his thing and balance stuff xD

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Oh hell no please no more PvE (I mean isn't TM Robe enough)

Offline OnlyTheBrave

• Diesel
  • Fuel for Life
The only thing I am interested in this patch is the update of NW. 2 new modi making it much more fun.
Also the bug fixes aren't that bad. I'd like to put spaces into my gear signing.

Nevertheless ... it's too early to dicuss this topic actually. We just got SoW and we are a private server with alot custom stuff. I dont think that we could implement that patch that easy anyways without getting troubles from PWI.

Diesel Leader
OnlyTheBrave Barb | Milayne Psy

LaceyPip

Oh hell no please no more PvE (I mean isn't TM Robe enough)

It has nothing to do with PVE/PVP as such, its a permanent increase on stats for ALL players.  I started the quests for obtaining the holy and mystical pills you need on PWI so I can show you guys what its all about:

You obtain the mystical pills via BH's too, Im just not too sure about the Holy ones. The initial 44 holy pills, you obtain from the new quests to introduce you to the system:

I hope all of this makes sense, I am still very noobish with this and I do not plan on increasing this as I hardly ever play on PWI.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
If everything i read was accurate, it looks as if every time you try to open a Meridian there is a chance you will fail. Which of course prompts you to spend more money in the boutique. That's really all this looks like is a ploy to get the cash shoppers to spend even more money. So, with that in mind, realize, the rewards (though having not seen the actual end line rewards) would most likely NOT justify the cost. This is, simply put, just a bad idea. The only way you could POSSIBLY justify it in EPW, would be allowing for increased phy/mag atk, and POSSIBLY as an end line reward +5 atk/def lvls (one or the other, but not both!) The quests which allow you to obtain crystals might actually have to be tweeked here too, since there arent many players throwing 50 grand a year into their cash account.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

LaceyPip

If everything i read was accurate, it looks as if every time you try to open a Meridian there is a chance you will fail. Which of course prompts you to spend more money in the boutique. That's really all this looks like is a ploy to get the cash shoppers to spend even more money. So, with that in mind, realize, the rewards (though having not seen the actual end line rewards) would most likely NOT justify the cost. This is, simply put, just a bad idea. The only way you could POSSIBLY justify it in EPW, would be allowing for increased phy/mag atk, and POSSIBLY as an end line reward +5 atk/def lvls (one or the other, but not both!) The quests which allow you to obtain crystals might actually have to be tweeked here too, since there arent many players throwing 50 grand a year into their cash account.

Well of course, if you want to obtain the higher permanent stats quicker, you can always empty your wallet and get gold on, buying more pills from the boutique ...yep you are 100% correct

Offline PrincesLela

• Characters: Daantje
yeh wut be fun to have the new system 

i whas like wut the *** when i got back on pwi i needit to download arc 

then i checked it out on my barbian (93) but to check on it more i need new armors for BH,s

so kinda sucks ass

Offline gale0

• NO MORE STUNS PLZ
Imo i like this i think its cool and if we can set up events to win a few pills here and there would work i would not make it a cubi item unless like a few gold for like 5 pills.....the buff dont seem to be to drastic and perhaps ago would make it where in some area this system is turned off like nw or ns but on the other hand that would make the the system some one useless.

I like it and if its set where everyone can achieve the same buffs and not at random then i think that would be fine and good to go.

to clarify that last bit ummm i mean sure we all have to attack the gates but i guess what we need to find out is if there is a predetermined pattern to the gates if so....then soon everyone can get there with a little work to get the pills. So you all realize the holy and mystical attacks are not literal attacks i can use but a way i can attack gates....i think i said that right. lol

So i look at it as an advanced tome system if you will. :D

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think there are currently enough ways to get a gear advantage over others. In my opinion time would be better spent making some competetive PVP areas or automated events.

Server has plenty PVE, however open world pvp is pretty dead most of the day.