Epic Perfect World

EPW Update v100 - PvP Ranking System

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
To clear up some confusion:
1) The monthly pvp ranking is character-based, not account based. All of the characters on the same account will have different rankings.
2) If you're blue named, the monthly PvP rank won't show up next to your name. (might be changed in the future)
3) The amount of points that's earned as you level up slows down due to the rank ratio system. I will post the full ratio table during the day.
4) You get no points from Heroic Battle if your team is defeated with 0 wins. (1 win = 50pts, 2 wins = 100pts)

Known issues:
1) Badge of War/Guild mass pvp system is bugged, not counting the kills properly.
2) Sometimes the player's monthly ranks are not being properly updated live.
3) Sometimes players get no points or a wrong number of points from pvp kills.
4) Support roles are sometimes not getting many (or any) points.
5) PvP role reverts back to 'Damage' after you relog.
6) The rank change from yesterday in the monthly site ranking is wrong.

These issues will be fixed in some half an hour with a server restart.

FIX MASS PVP POINTS, *** EVENTS WE WANT MASS PK
HELLO GM I GOT LIKE 50 KILLS (LAST HITS WITH HELL LOTTA DAMAGE) NOT INCLUDING EXTRA 100 KILLS BY MY SQUAD THIS HB AND I STOPPED GETTING POINTS AFTER LIKE 15 KILLS EVEN SOLO KILLS WEREN'T GIVING ANY POINTS FIX THIS BUG GM
This will be fixed as mentioned above.

[....]

It seems wrong for them not to be equalized anyway. A kill is a kill regardless of location. The only argument I can see is making mass pk kill distribution higher than all the other ones with the rest being equal to encourage mass pk.
The amount of points per event was designed to prevent and encourage certain ways of PvPing. The low amount of points obtained from HB and CTF is due to the fact that we don't want everyone mindlessly PvPing in these events without aiming to win. If we increased the amount of points obtained from these events, the reward (for winning) would have to be increased to keep the initiative to win, but that would make earning points here much better than other means of PvP. As for Mass PvP and Territory Wars, the amount of points is higher to encourage factions to participate in these, rather than everyone making their points through events.
I'm not saying it won't be changed in the future, but for now I feel it's alright to have this amount of points per event.

Offline Mada

• Graphic Developer
for the players asking for pwcn/pwi fashion content

• In the next few months we will be working a bigger update. This means that there won't be much content until the big patch is deployed. You can expect some teasers and trailers as our work progresses.

I'm insane, it's stupid

Offline xMayax

• Faction: Maritim
 :tigre-44: ty

Offline StathaM

cant get in main map. showing disconnected from server...

Offline Ahmed Akef 𓂀

• Poor Barbarian
  • Characters: zMachineGun / Clegane

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
You can login now.

The ranking point ratio table has been added to the guide.

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
You can login now.

The ranking point ratio table has been added to the guide.

did u fix faction pvp kills? we had mass pk yday and got 0 kills on forums it seems 

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
The amount of points per event was designed to prevent and encourage certain ways of PvPing. The low amount of points obtained from HB and CTF is due to the fact that we don't want everyone mindlessly PvPing in these events without aiming to win. If we increased the amount of points obtained from these events, the reward (for winning) would have to be increased to keep the initiative to win, but that would make earning points here much better than other means of PvP. As for Mass PvP and Territory Wars, the amount of points is higher to encourage factions to participate in these, rather than everyone making their points through events.
I'm not saying it won't be changed in the future, but for now I feel it's alright to have this amount of points per event.
Everyone is mindlessly pvping in HB and CTF, until the other team gives up. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, actually it is good. The nature of the event should be secondary, merely to add a difference and variation to the type of pk, however, in the end larger pk will always tend towards simple eliminations. This is the strategy I popularized a while back in HB and nobody has been rotating for crystals ever since, again not necessarily a bad thing. The point is that even if the players are mindlessly pvping they are doing that to win, because then you force the other team to surrender, hence you win, which again I think is good. I think you misunderstand, most people do not care about rewards, especially HB and CTF, but simply winning, the initiative to win is always there because thats what most pw players care about at this point. With the most recent change it has become about farming points (pk) in all instances of where pk happens, which again is good because it encourages activity. Its obvious that these things will be gamed one way or another, but the points should be equalized anyway because as I said before a kill is still a kill, and the nature of how players interact with events or whatnot cannot be dictated without changes into the events structure. People will participate in TW and Mass PK, that was why my suggestion was to keep those in the higher quartile. 

Offline OutLaw

To clear up some confusion:
1) The monthly pvp ranking is character-based, not account based. All of the characters on the same account will have different rankings.
2) If you're blue named, the monthly PvP rank won't show up next to your name. (might be changed in the future)
3) The amount of points that's earned as you level up slows down due to the rank ratio system. I will post the full ratio table during the day.
4) You get no points from Heroic Battle if your team is defeated with 0 wins. (1 win = 50pts, 2 wins = 100pts)

Known issues:
1) Badge of War/Guild mass pvp system is bugged, not counting the kills properly.
2) Sometimes the player's monthly ranks are not being properly updated live.
3) Sometimes players get no points or a wrong number of points from pvp kills.
4) Support roles are sometimes not getting many (or any) points.
5) PvP role reverts back to 'Damage' after you relog.
6) The rank change from yesterday in the monthly site ranking is wrong.

These issues will be fixed in some half an hour with a server restart.
This will be fixed as mentioned above.
Great update thank you, if a blue name player wants pvp privilege he better go white and work for it... also, on behalf of most normal rich players in EPW pay 0 attention to levi all he does is cry to keep being relevant

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
My fans ought to keep my name out of their mouths in patch discussions.

Offline Chrysta

I want to make a tiny suggestion for Heroic Battle here. And thank you for the patch events look fun and crowded now

• For Heroic Battle don't let the ones who leave first many consecutive times join the event also make it end automatically after kill counter becomes x times higher than the other team (Maybe 2.5x or 3.0x times higher before losing team actually leaves and gets no reward).
  • Increase cast time for Town Portal and Teleport Incense so people won't use it to escape from pk with Ironguard powder. They could escape with squad signet but that means no reward.

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
> A special squad signet. Once used, squad/faction members can take it for 5 minutes.
Thank god we have Support staff members! 

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
Thank god we have Support staff members!
Miss you :( :(

Offline ICEsmoke

• CowboyKing
  • *** em who needs em
  • Characters: QuetzalCoatl/ICEsmoke/Hiromatsu
  • Faction: Spiral
Everyone is mindlessly pvping in HB and CTF, until the other team gives up. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, actually it is good. The nature of the event should be secondary, merely to add a difference and variation to the type of pk, however, in the end larger pk will always tend towards simple eliminations. This is the strategy I popularized a while back in HB and nobody has been rotating for crystals ever since, again not necessarily a bad thing. The point is that even if the players are mindlessly pvping they are doing that to win, because then you force the other team to surrender, hence you win, which again I think is good. I think you misunderstand, most people do not care about rewards, especially HB and CTF, but simply winning, the initiative to win is always there because thats what most pw players care about at this point. With the most recent change it has become about farming points (pk) in all instances of where pk happens, which again is good because it encourages activity. Its obvious that these things will be gamed one way or another, but the points should be equalized anyway because as I said before a kill is still a kill, and the nature of how players interact with events or whatnot cannot be dictated without changes into the events structure. People will participate in TW and Mass PK, that was why my suggestion was to keep those in the higher quartile.
Rumpelstiltskin