Epic Perfect World

EPW Update v99

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
I completely agree! Let's not be deceived!) When I came here, and it was from the very opening of this server, even under Agatio, there was a server configured for PvE, there were a lot of people, MEGA MANY people. As soon as the server became more pvp, people began to slowly leave, compared to what was at first. So let's not get. The increase in PvP content kills this server, I have something to compare it with. I've seen a lot of such servers, as soon as they went into PvP - they died, or like this one, they became a swamp. My friends and I are currently playing in another project (also an old project, connected with PW), well, the bulk of the donation is PvE players, and there are a lot of them, although the project is old! And I don't have need a hate anyone, I'm just telling the facts. It's a very pity, it was a great server(( Maybe Agatio created something else (will create), if anyone knows, write in private messages.
You literally just quoted agatio

Offline Valley

• Goodbye epw ♥
  • Art by the amazing Leonora ★
  • Characters: Valley, Gravity, misery
Is the pvp patch live?? Where notes lmao

Offline PW? 2023?

• You know who I am
the ignorance, lmao 

Offline Jiren

Absorb soul's damage on players is now capped by one half of the player's Max HP.
Why you kill off Mystic like that.... RIP

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
hey EPW_TEAM im pretty sure 421 had more than 0 kills in faction PVP yesterday
it looks like badges of war system is bugged?

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
Why you kill off Mystic like that.... RIP
It’s not killed lmao

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
    - PvP Balance -
    Seeker
    • Quid Pro Quo is now an AoE skill. The skill applies to all targets within 10 meters of the target that it's casted on.
    • Seeker's Saber Rattle and Krav Maga will now stack with the rune addons that expire in more than 30 minutes. (e.g. if your rune stats are disappearing in 15 minutes, they will be overwritten, but if they're expiring in 45 minutes - they won't)
    Explanation:
    • These changes should make seeker a little more viable in Mass PvP. Other than that, the additional 5 defense or 3 attack levels they obtain from these skills will help balance them in 1v1 situations where they've been pretty bad since the defense level nerf.
    Psy
    • White Voodoo will now last 10 seconds and give 20 defense levels less.
    • Tradewinds cooldown has been reduced to 45 seconds.
    • Sandball clash has a 100% probability to seal the target now.

Explanation:
    • The white voodoo change addresses the situation where psychics reach very high defense levels for long periods of time and become barely possible to kill. While they will still be able to use white voodoo for long periods of time, there will now be a chance to lock the psychic through white voodoo after they've exhausted their genie and other defensive skills.
    • Tradewinds cooldown has been reduced to help psychic's mobility in mass pvp. The previous cooldown of 90 seconds meant that they could very rarely use the speed boosts provided by this skill. Along with very low survivability in their attacking setup, they were very easy targets in mass pvp unless they were camping white voodoo.
    Sandball clash has been changed to be more reliable, as most other classes don't have to rely on 50% chance skills as one of the main forms of CC.[/list]

Archer

• Archer's blessing has been removed.
    • Sage Quickshot will now give archers a channeling buff (-20%) that lasts for 10 minutes.
    • Demon Quickshot now has a 100% chance to increase the attack rate.
    • Bow Mastery (Sage/Demon/Lv10) now decreases skill damage by 15%.

Explanation:
    • The blessing has been removed because we want to make it viable for all classes to use the general attack/defense blessings.
    • Demon Quickshot has had a 100% chance to increase the attack rate for a good period of time (my bad, as I forgot to revert something I was testing). This change makes demon archer's damage more reliable and prevents them from having to wait for multiple 'procs' in a row to deal significant damage.
    • The defense level from the Rank 8 set bonus has been increased to compensate for removal of the blessing. Archer's defense hasn't been that great for quite some time, and with this change we boost their defense against physical damage, while defense against magic damage should remain nearly the same.
    • The other two changes have been done to reduce the attacking output of archers, namely when paired with an EP/Cleric that keeps buffing them with channeling during mass pvp. Their channeling will now be reduced by 20% with quickshot (instead of 14% with the blessing), which gives:
      • ~10% DPS increase when going from -92 channeling to -98
      • ~8.5% DPS increase when going from -80 channeling to -86
      • something in between in case your channeling is between these values
      To combat this, we reduce the skill damage by 15%, which leaves a nerf of ~5%-8% in damage that can be compensated by using the all-class blessings.

Cleric
    • Cleric's blessing has been removed.
    • Plume shell will now take 0.8x MP points from each point of damage you take, instead of 1.0x.

Explanation:
    • Pretty straightforward, as mentioned above, this is to get rid of the need for clerics to wear a class-specific blessing

Barb
    • Physical defense obtained by Tiger Form has been reduced by 30%.
    • You won't be able to use Berserker's Wrath and Berserker's Rage for 5 seconds after changing your flying mode.

Explanation:
    • Physical defense nerf comes because of the fact that physical damage can not hurt barbarians in tiger form whatsoever. Their physical defense was insanely high like this, which made them unkillable by certain classes. They should now take more damage, not enough to suffer from physical classes in mass pvp, but enough for other physical classes to have a chance of killing them in 1v1.
    • The other change is done to combat the abuse of these skills in the air, disrupting air pvp.

SIN
    • Attack Level set bonus from wearing 4 Rank 8 pieces has been reduced to 10 attack levels.
    • Celestial Eruption will now give a boost of 350% weapon damage instead of 500%. Additional 200% of weapon damage is now given through a wood-damage buff (not a big boost, about 2x of the damage that the elemental pill gives).
    • Chill of the Deep has been boosted to give 10 more attack levels.

Explanation:
    • These changes nerf the aps assassin and the imbalanced play of 3 spark/aps/gof against LA/AA classes, which there are few defenses against. DPH assassin will suffer from this change as well, as their spike damage has been decreased with the nerf of 3 spark, but their general attack should improve quite a bit, which means that they will rely less on gof/crit AoE damage. Demon spark still remains with 500% weapon damage, so full damage builds are still possible, but with less benefits that sage assassin gets. Additional elemental damage should make it possible to deal significant damage to HA classes.

DB
    • Attack Level set bonus from wearing 4 Rank 8 pieces has been reduced to 10 attack levels.
    • Saber Mastery now increases skill damage by 6%.

Explanation:
    • These changes nerf the APS duskblade build, which has been problematic for some time, and make DPH builds still viable.

SB
    • Sage Lunar Guidance now has a 25% chance to generate 40 chi instead of 1 spark.

Explanation:
    • We're nerfing the overpowered 3 spark spam that stormbringers could use prior to this.

MS
    • Absorb soul's damage on players is now capped by one half of the player's Max HP.

Explanation:
    • This change should make it easier to avoid 'random' charm bypasses by absorb soul, and enormous damage on SB/PSY.

Seeker

QPQ change is worthwhile as it affects seeker in up-scaled pk, and does not interfere in 1v1 aside from wf pet. However, it will not be enough for seeker to become relevant in mass scale pk.
    Seeker will never become viable in mass pk unless radical changes on an up-scale happen, this would mean additions of either range, aoe buffs the importance of wr or wb, reliable cc etc. The def and atk rune buffs are good, however, a precedent will need to be set between 1v1ers not to use them when facing seeker. There is also a third rune skill (lvl 19) which gives seeker 3 atk, 1 crit and 1 def. This should be changed at least to 3 atk and 2 crit, as 1 def on a def weapon is useless. (If you want to make seeker at least relevant, which it is not). Overall I am happy with the rune changes personally, and hope that you consider the self-rune buff for seekers.
    Make chaos blade give more chi already....

Psy
    Excellent changes, I agree with all. Psy will now require players to chain their innumerable defensive cds instead of camping white.

EA
    EA popularity is still unmatched. Buff vs physical classes is good.

EP
    +6 def for vit clerics is absolutely unncessary. +6 Atk for DD clerics is good. The buffs are fine, careful with buffing vit ep.

WB
    Barb is a class that takes minimal braincells to play. Before this change I was 2v1ing 2 sins (1 aps with occ ice, below average and 1 the other Sinjer, dph, who is not clueless at all) I was able to tank them for 15-20min before killing them both. The last time I logged the class was years ago. Too many defensive rotations, not to mention obscene amounts of chi for doing nothing. This change is good.

SIN
    Good changes. Nothing more to say.

DB
    This is the correct way to nerf DB. I say this as the greatest DB of all time. You cannot play around with a skill-kit as complex as DB. You have to nerf the numbers. The reduction to 10 attack levels is good. DPH DB is irrelevant and wont be played.

SB
    This is not the correct way to nerf SB. Keeping in mind the previous nerfs, SB has become an unplayable class in 1v1. In mass pk it will always be fun because of the innate move-cast mechanic and aoe tornado's. SB is never going to be as good as wf or as popular as ea in mass pk. I have more experience on this class than anyone, so I can speak with a degree of authority. I would turn your attention to the state of SB in 1v1, in which sb currently loses to these clases in theory, and in practice:
    WR
    MG
    WF
    EP
    EA
    PSY
    SIN
    SK
    MS
    DB
    The only class that is missing as you may have noticed is WB, because it can be kited. EA is questionable, but on average a good ea will beat a good sb, especially now. The spam that you refer to comes from a misunderstanding of the playstyle. SB would use the chi buff inbetween skills as a way to manage chi, just like sin does when 1v1ing other sins. The problem was never the chi gain itself, but the chi lottery, i.e casting 3 lunar's would generate 3 sparks, while a latter iteration would not generate a single spark. SB never possessed the certainity of sins inner harmony etc. However the chi gain is necessary for both mass pk and 1v1. A possible way to manage this problem is to make the buff a longer cd, while giving a flat amount of chi, say 1 spark. Let us take a 1v1 example, mg v sb, a matchup many are clueless about. Many still believe that sb has the advantage, but it does not, actually it is a 1-sided fight, as all the top MGs will tell you, because the mg will always have more chi than the sb, not to mention the defensive ability of shell, heal, water shield etc. I am the only SB in history who has managed to beat the best MG's, and that was prior to the nerfs. I should mention that physical damage should be restored to discharge, which was one of the few abilities that still somewhat damaged arcanes. After I went demon on SB I had 250 ppl ask me whether demon is good now, but it is not. In order to gain chi you have to constantly be in range, engaged, which is suicidal against classes like mystic, psy, ep, sin, db, etc.
    -Give SB physical damage back on discharge to give them a chance to duel arcanes
    -If I am honest, the sage lunar should just be reverted back to what it was, sb gets 10 chi per skillcast as sage. Clearly not enough sb is played in practice both in 1v1 and mass when thinking of this change.

A propos, this change does not matter to me personally, because I still destroy everyone. My remark is for server as a whole as it concerns SB. I also agree with the majority of balance changes, including those to my main class.

MS
    Good nerf but MS is still way too broken. Pets should be 1 hp and should not give chi. This would be the least necessary nerf to MS, not to mention adjustments to petals. The fact that the class can have a perfect 24/7 lock (literally) while gaining chi, waiting for all cds, rotating thicket is absolutely unreal. Pets with 1 hp would make it a reflex game between the mystic and the opponent.

Wr needs a nerf. -10 def lvls from set, make it unable to wear vit, make DR into a 7.5 stun, disarm into a flat def lvl reduce aoe debuff.
    Wf needs to have bramble hood deleted from the game.
    Last Edit: Aug 07, 2021, 05:27 pm by 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝒾

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
    • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
    AGREED WITH MYSTIC PETAL NERF 

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
    • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
    AGREED GIVE SBS THEIR CHI BUFF BACK 

Offline Wei

• Alamat x Prominent
    • Hope dies last - Alamat
      Seeker

QPQ change is worthwhile as it affects seeker in up-scaled pk, and does not interfere in 1v1 aside from wf pet. However, it will not be enough for seeker to become relevant in mass scale pk.
      Seeker will never become viable in mass pk unless radical changes on an up-scale happen, this would mean additions of either range, aoe buffs the importance of wr or wb, reliable cc etc. The def and atk rune buffs are good, however, a precedent will need to be set between 1v1ers not to use them when facing seeker. There is also a third rune skill (lvl 19) which gives seeker 3 atk, 1 crit and 1 def. This should be changed at least to 3 atk and 2 crit, as 1 def on a def weapon is useless. (If you want to make seeker at least relevant, which it is not). Overall I am happy with the rune changes personally, and hope that you consider the self-rune buff for seekers.
      Make chaos blade give more chi already....

Psy
      Excellent changes, I agree with all. Psy will now require players to chain their innumerable defensive cds instead of camping white.

EA
      EA popularity is still unmatched. Buff vs physical classes is good.

EP
      +6 def for vit clerics is absolutely unncessary. +6 Atk for DD clerics is good. The buffs are fine, careful with buffing vit ep.

WB
      Barb is a class that takes minimal braincells to play. Before this change I was 2v1ing 2 sins (1 aps with occ ice, below average and 1 the other Sinjer, dph, who is not clueless at all) I was able to tank them for 15-20min before killing them both. The last time I logged the class was years ago. Too many defensive rotations, not to mention obscene amounts of chi for doing nothing. This change is good.

SIN
      Good changes. Nothing more to say.

DB
      This is the correct way to nerf DB. I say this as the greatest DB of all time. You cannot play around with a skill-kit as complex as DB. You have to nerf the numbers. The reduction to 10 attack levels is good. DPH DB is irrelevant and wont be played.

SB
      This is not the correct way to nerf SB. Keeping in mind the previous nerfs, SB has become an unplayable class in 1v1. In mass pk it will always be fun because of the innate move-cast mechanic and aoe tornado's. SB is never going to be as good as wf or as popular as ea in mass pk. I have more experience on this class than anyone, so I can speak with a degree of authority. I would turn your attention to the state of SB in 1v1, in which sb currently loses to these clases in theory, and in practice:
      WR
      MG
      WF
      EP
      EA
      PSY
      SIN
      SK
      MS
      DB
      The only class that is missing as you may have noticed is WB, because it can be kited. EA is questionable, but on average a good ea will beat a good sb, especially now. The spam that you refer to comes from a misunderstanding of the playstyle. SB would use the chi buff inbetween skills as a way to manage chi, just like sin does when 1v1ing other sins. The problem was never the chi gain itself, but the chi lottery, i.e casting 3 lunar's would generate 3 sparks, while a latter iteration would not generate a single spark. SB never possessed the certainity of sins inner harmony etc. However the chi gain is necessary for both mass pk and 1v1. A possible way to manage this problem is to make the buff a longer cd, while giving a flat amount of chi, say 1 spark. Let us take a 1v1 example, mg v sb, a matchup many are clueless about. Many still believe that sb has the advantage, but it does not, actually it is a 1-sided fight, as all the top MGs will tell you, because the mg will always have more chi than the sb, not to mention the defensive ability of shell, heal, water shield etc. I am the only SB in history who has managed to beat the best MG's, and that was prior to the nerfs. I should mention that physical damage should be restored to discharge, which was one of the few abilities that still somewhat damaged arcanes. After I went demon on SB I had 250 ppl ask me whether demon is good now, but it is not. In order to gain chi you have to constantly be in range, engaged, which is suicidal against classes like mystic, psy, ep, sin, db, etc.
      -Give SB physical damage back on discharge to give them a chance to duel arcanes
      -If I am honest, the sage lunar should just be reverted back to what it was, sb gets 10 chi per skillcast as sage. Clearly not enough sb is played in practice both in 1v1 and mass when thinking of this change.

A propos, this change does not matter to me personally, because I still destroy everyone. My remark is for server as a whole as it concerns SB. I also agree with the majority of balance changes, including those to my main class.

MS
      Good nerf but MS is still way too broken. Pets should be 1 hp and should not give chi. This would be the least necessary nerf to MS, not to mention adjustments to petals. The fact that the class can have a perfect 24/7 lock (literally) while gaining chi, waiting for all cds, rotating thicket is absolutely unreal. Pets with 1 hp would make it a reflex game between the mystic and the opponent.

Wr needs a nerf. -10 def lvls from set, make it unable to wear vit, make DR into a 7.5 stun, disarm into a flat def lvl reduce aoe debuff.
      Wf needs to have bramble hood deleted from the game.
    HELLA GO MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER AND DO WHATEVER THE FCK YOU WANT!! 😂[/list]

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
    • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
      HELLA GO MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER AND DO WHATEVER THE FCK YOU WANT!! 😂[/list]
      TELL HIM HELLA

Offline PW? 2023?

• You know who I am
      any real readers

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
      • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
      Just have mystic pets not have skills cd reset entirely on summoning them again. Was always pretty ridiculous.