Epic Perfect World

[ Tool Release Info ] Epic Perfect World Recaster ( Auto-Roll )

Offline Kenma

• Characters: Kenma
nice one, ty for sharing this

Offline KDb

• Characters: Centrix | Xentrix | Xentric
  • Faction: Nostalgia
First of all :
Thanks @admins for allowing this post/tool and thanks @all for the feedback.

Secondly :
Quote from: Dj永 link=topic=68651.msg874005#msg874005
Seems like a great tool. Thank you for your efforts. I wonder if there's a way you could make the recaster detect the unique stat, and set how you want it to "accept" the roll based on that? Because it seems to me for weapons, for example if you wanted ATK unique stat only with Interval, it would accept the roll if the unique stat was defense and the rest had 1 atk and 1 interval. This would cause the recaster to stop itself even though an undesirable reroll was produced.

Tool seems amazing for rerolling armors though.
➥ Interesting thought. I didn't keep this in mind while programming the tool.
For now the tool indeed works fine on armors and it does for (most) weapons as well,
although it indeed has some limitations like the one you mentioned.

Limitations I'm currently aware of ( including yours ):

• The Purify Spell stat makes other stats fall out of the visible region.
    This may be the case as well on other unique stats ( due to their long description ).
    Getting exact results would require scrolling the Gear Production window or
    an actual reading of the game memory, which I like to avoid
    in order not to break any rule.
  • [ Update | Version 3.1 addressed the following limitations with an entirely reworked condition logic. ]
    No way to tie additional stats to individual required stats.
    In other words ( as a result ):
    • Any required condition met/found,
      combined with any additional condition met/found,
      will be accepted.
      • Example: ( see quote above ).
      • As far as my thinking process goes, changing this kind of behavior
        would require a rework of the condition setting logic.
        A pitfall of this could be that setting up a roll process
        would require more steps/become more cumbersome.
        I did think about certain occasions where such could be desired,
        although I opted for keeping it as user-friendly/quick'n'easy-to-setup-and-roll as possible
        with the only downside being not being happy with the resulted roll
        yet still having Perfect Elements left over to re-auto-roll
        ( at least for now, depending on bubbling thoughts/feedback on how to possibly improve such and personal time ).
    • If a required condition is found with max same stats ( being 4 for armors, 5 for a weapon )
      & an additional condition is set, it would skip that found maxed stat condition.
      • Example ( brought to my attention by a faction member ):
        ~ Set required condition: 3 x Channelling.
        ~ Set additional condition: 1 x Magic.
        4 x Channelling rolled ( being max for an armor piece ).
        Would not be accepted ( since the additional 1 x Magic condition isn't met ).
      • If I find the time, I may add some additional code in order to avoid this kind of behavior.
        For the time being, keep this in mind when auto-rolling.
        ( In other words: avoid additional conditions unless specifically targeted. )

Thirdly :
Quote from: うあやめちは link=topic=68651.msg874046#msg874046
https://gyazo.com/7e03bc568f8528d8297971ecbef28078
Whoops, busted on having written a malicious machine learning tool intended to take over the world  :normal-37: ;).

Fourthly :
I noticed some private messages I would have liked to respond to,
although for the time being ( I suppose ) I haven't gathered
the needed amount of forum posts/activity to reply in a pm yet.

Hence I'll be formulating a response here ( it may be useful information for others as well ).
  • @(person known): Thanks for your message.
    As far as I know, the Optical Character Recognition should work on custom UIs as well,
    as long as, when fitting the capture region:
    • the dots hinting the click regions are positioned above the in-game buttons ( Retain, Reproduce, Use New )
      ( should this fail due to a different custom in-game Gear Production window size, let me know,
      I could work on making the offset percentages of the hinting dots editable in a config file
      );
    • the text contrasts enough with the in-game window background
      ( run a preview roll to test this and check if it returns valid text ).
  • @(other persons known): Thanks for your message(s) as well.
    If you have a specific question, feel free to shoot it here, pm me in-game or
    refer to the demonstration video or Read-Me.

And last but not least :
  • @forum admins / Dj :
    I'm not able to preview (didn't test post) a message containing certain special characters,
    like f.e. Dj永's display name. It results in a 'The message body was left empty.' warning.
    I replaced these special characters ( Dj ) with matching allowed characters,
    which fixed this warning.
  • @whom may concern :
    Agreed, messages like these may be the reason spoiler tags have been invented for forums ;).
  • @all :
    When not shy about it, feel free to post any good resulting stats you may have auto-rolled.
    I'm actually curious what fruits it gives others in practice.
    Furthermore, any other kind of feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:07 pm by KDb

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Can it engrave rings?
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline left alt

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: ★420★
Can it engrave rings?
Yes.        

Offline Daniel69

• First Day EPW
  • Characters: Gardasil
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Great tool!

Is it possible to condition this tool to accept a roll when EITHER is fulfilled?
 ie - x2 channeling with x2 RPDT OR x3 channeling OR x4 channeling (so we don't miss out a good roll)

Offline KDb

Quote from: Frost link=topic=68651.msg874096#msg874096
Can it engrave rings?
➥ I'm sorry, but no.
This tool focuses on rolling ( ~reshaping ) gears ( armors & weapon ) at the Guardian Angel NPC using Perfect Elements.
Engraving ( as well as honing ) works differently in-game and would require a different approach.

Quote from: Daniel69 link=topic=68651.msg874103#msg874103
Great tool!

Is it possible to condition this tool to accept a roll when EITHER is fulfilled?
 ie - x2 channeling with x2 RPDT OR x3 channeling OR x4 channeling (so we don't miss out a good roll)
[ Update ] Yes, you can now.
     ( since the update posted right below this message )

[ Addendum ]

I do have to note, what you mentioned actually was already somehow possible in version 2,
by only adding a (minimum) 2 x Channelling condition ( which would have hit all your given preferred rolls ).

However, there wasn't a way to restrict the accepted rolls.

As per example, in version 2 even 2 x Channelling & 2 x HP
would have been accepted if no additional condition was given
( and if an additional condition like
2 x RPDT was given,
it would have ruled out on any other preferred additional stats ).

Since the reworked condition logic in version 3, it is now possible to
  • tie ( up to 4 ) stats together in one preferred condition and
  • add as many of those preferred conditions to the condition list.
Additionally, ( depending on what is preferred, )
the update makes it possible to add condition entries containing either:
  • a fixed amount of stats ( fixed amount / can have any other stat ) (and/or)
  • a combo of required stats only ( no fixed amount / can not have any other stat ).
I took your question as a base to expand the
ReadMe with comparative condition list examples.

Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:23 am by KDb

Offline KDb

[ Update | Version 3.1 | Release Notes ]

• Changes | Added features :
    • Entirely reworked condition logic.
      • Narrowing down preferred/exotic rolls is now possible and more precise,
        without any good roll skips
        ( if condition entries are well thought of ).
    • Added condition list switcher.
      • Up to 5 different condition lists.
      • Ability to export ( copy/share ) and import ( paste/overwrite ) condition lists.
    • Increased roll/click timings to account for older computers.
      • Check the ReadMe to change timings according to own preference.
    • ( Various other changes. )

• Initial Post ( containing download link ) & ReadMe ( as well as source code ) updated to match version 3.1 release.

[ Quick Preview ]

[ On a more personal note ]

This release is what I initially had in mind when I started programming the tool.
I sincerely hope it meets any expectations.
Since the condition logic has been reworked entirely, please make sure to
check the updated ReadMe should anything be unclear.
Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:17 pm by KDb

Offline MaryClaire

• ❤️
  • ❤️
  • Characters: MaryClaire
  • Faction: Anywhere
Nothing to say

Offline 私はあなたがとても

• Want drink🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤
  • Mental peace is important [♥] Date Registered in EPW Server :Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am
  • Characters: M
  • Faction: Maritim or idk
Date Registered in Epic Perfect World Server : Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat
  • Faction: ★421★
you should add the ability to read this and stop rolling when you get what you want on this too:

getting x3 x3 of phy atk phy pen, mag atk mag pen, or x3 x3 defensive stat on this item can be very difficult and take as long as R8

NO AMOGUS

Offline KDb

That's really not a bad idea, although to be honest I can't find the time to extend this tool with the functionality you described,
at least not in the near future.

• It would require (re-)work and time for something that needs some minor time investment
    to only roll once or twice when going for a defense and attacked based one per active toon.
  • In my opinion it would then probably also need to have a Stargazing feature, which would require implementing additional steps.
  • Additionally, it would also cost a bunch of Flowsilver coins in order to obtain Nebula Dust Orbs
    ( and possibly Starseeker Powder ) for testing purposes and last but not least,
  • I'm currently a bit busy with some other personal project(s) requiring my attention.

It didn't even cross my mind before since personally, I never felt the need for having such an automated feature.
I guess I just rolled with it back then ( no pun intended ;) ).

Nevertheless, the in-game circumstances ( fixed window size / fixed window & button position ) would make it feasible to build a tool that does what you described with slight adaptation(s) of the provided source code. At least for me personally, the benefits of having such an automated feature don't weigh up enough against the above.

Hoping not too disappoint you too much with this reply, a big thumbs up for the idea.
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2021, 01:55 am by KDb

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
  • Characters: sussy / MagicKitty / ARIANA / SneakyCummies / Gandalf / CastingCat

NO AMOGUS

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
I may make new tool similar to this where it uses game hooks / offsets such as inventory array, and the packet for doing the actions of rerolling etc. and has the offsets for each addons of the item in the bag slot so it can just go off that. But I have no clue if this is allowed or not. People seemed to frown upon me using alts to craft before so I feel like this is a grey area

NO AMOGUS

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
I may make new tool similar to this where it uses game hooks / offsets such as inventory array, and the packet for doing the actions of rerolling etc. and has the offsets for each addons of the item in the bag slot so it can just go off that. But I have no clue if this is allowed or not. People seemed to frown upon me using alts to craft before so I feel like this is a grey area
you're allowed to release it on forums if the source code is available publicly.

Offline Bianca666

• sussy
  • SUSSY AMOGUS
you're allowed to release it on forums if the source code is available publicly.
would it be pointless for me to make something like this, like if someone else is making it already. I figure maybe aeon making it already for you guys but dunno if thats a thing. I could probably take source code from some old 1.5.1 or 1.4.8 spirit of the forge bot and bring it up to date

NO AMOGUS