Epic Perfect World

Mystic.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Something is not right on this server.
Why do we have such high magic attack and won`t balance out mystics absourb soul?
Does  a mystic really have to hit 15k every 2seconds on arcane classes? Something is not right here...
In my opinion every class should get 10k extra hp except mystics.

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
15k every 2 seconds? Did you not notice the channeling time?

Offline Mizotasu♥

• qt sage werepenguin~
  • Characters: Mizotasu, Lilly
  • Faction: Tyrants/Siege
soul absorb channel is pretty fast x3 but in mass pk theres nothing much to do about it...
but its not the absorb soul itself that hits that hard, or w/e u call that skill.
its the debuff, from vengeance. If u purify, it only hits 4k.
i'll say do something about that n.n

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Don't agree on giving all classes but mystics +10k hp. Do you have any idea how much hp Barbs have? In tiger form, I currently have 59k unbuffed. If this idea is used I'll be brought up to 69k in tiger form. That is a bad solution to the problem and will make Barbs the op class. If Mystics truly are op, nerfing the skills that make them op will be a good fix.

High magic attack happens when you stat lots of magic. I'll only call op if you are 1-shotting Barbs like I hear clerics are now doing on Lost City.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
Maybe I was hoping for too much when I thought these QQ-every-class-I-can't-beat-should-be-removed threads would diminish. Absorb soul has the slowest channeling of any skill practically. Just stop.

LaceyPip

Maybe I was hoping for too much when I thought these QQ-every-class-I-can't-beat-should-be-removed threads would diminish. Absorb soul has the slowest channeling of any skill practically. Just stop.

As I tend to agree with you regarding the QQ threads, I also wish to remind everyone that we all have questions to ask sometimes, noticing something that boggles our minds regarding gear, skills etc.  If we cannot do it here on the forum where there are so many others with different experiences and opinions to ours, where else will we find some input and advice?

I do not think its fair that the owner of the thread should get flack for just asking or questioning a skill or a tactic or a class.

Offline Earthling

• C-c-c-combo breaker!
A response to the question and/or opinion is all that's needed. It could be negative or positive, because as you said we are all different. Now I'm not sure if it's fair to you that I log in and am missing a skill, but it sure as heck doesn't seem fair to me. And I'm not just speaking because my main is a mystic.....well maybe I am bleh.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic

There are so many of these threads, you might as well do what garfield is doing..(Lacey, borrowed your image 8D)
On another note,
Something is not right on this server.
Why do we have such high magic attack and won`t balance out mystics absourb soul?
Does  a mystic really have to hit 15k every 2seconds on arcane classes? Something is not right here...
In my opinion every class should get 10k extra hp except mystics.
This doesn't seem to be a good suggestion at all in my opinion.
Every class has it's merits; if you can't use it well, welp, that's you. (And I myself am a terrible wizard,  my main.)
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:56 am by ☠EvilEye☤Manga☃Is☃Awesome!!★
(:

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Of course I was joking about extra 10k hp for each class except a mystic:)
I understand that  absorb soul has a long channeling time, but...
On this server a slow mystic casts absorb soul 2 secs, chanting time is only 0.8 sec, so it works faster than  many wzard shots; as you can see long chanell. is not really an argument here.
I am getting 33k 20k+ and 18,15k 12k..from this absorb soul. I am really in favor of balance and this is not balanced. I really like to play with skills, I can kill most of mystics i fight, but dying out of nowhere from 20-30k hits is no fun and not right:) Barbs can also hit 20-30k out of nowhere but noone will probably care about that aswell:)

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Of course I was joking about extra 10k hp for each class except a mystic:)
I understand that  absorb soul has a long channeling time, but...
On this server a slow mystic casts absorb soul 2 secs, chanting time is only 0.8 sec, so it works faster than  many wzard shots; as you can see long chanell. is not really an argument here.
I am getting 33k 20k+ and 18,15k 12k..from this absorb soul. I am really in favor of balance and this is not balanced. I really like to play with skills, I can kill most of mystics i fight, but dying out of nowhere from 20-30k hits is no fun and not right:) Barbs can also hit 20-30k out of nowhere but noone will probably care about that aswell:)
Faster than wizard shots?
You kidding me, miss/mister?
Uhhm...The channel time is pretty long in comparison. Wizard.......gush takes little more than a second to cast (that's sage version, IDK demon). That's just one example. You also take into account that wizards have channel gear and such, and then you rack up a great deal of -% channeling.
End result? I'm pretty sure the wizards can cast faster. Plus, 20-30k hits? Honestly? I've seen pic's of wizard's hit 70k or something, on their fire combo.
How about other classes? IDK much about them, but most have a plus and a minus. It's not like mystics are super OP. If you use skills, well, you can probably kill them.
(:

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
welp without absorb they'd have no chance at killing you. Normal attacks won't even hit 3k. :|

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Ok, let us take wzard skill: Glacial Snare: channeling time 2.5 sec, casting time 1.8 sec. vs mystics absorb soul: chanell 5 sec, cast. 0.8 sec. You get 69% channeling in your gear, not including dragon or r8 set. so it takes u 1.7 sec to chanell absorb soul plus 0.8 sec to cast absorb soul= 2.5 sec. Wizard gets about 1 sec chanell time and 1.8 chanting time, so =2.8 sec. As you can see the wizard Glacial Snare is slower than mystic`s absorb soul.
Wizard can only hit hard on arcane classes with physical/fire aoe. It consumes 2 sparks and it is really slow. Absorb soul on the other hand consumes 0 chi and has 2 secs. cooldown. The biggest hit I got fro ma wizard was 15k, I usually get max 8-10k. If mystic`s absorb soul hits me 10k, I will not say a word. But if it can make a psychic get 1-hitted or veno 1 -hitted when hp above half, it is not balanced and not fair.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Ok, let us take wzard skill: Glacial Snare: channeling time 2.5 sec, casting time 1.8 sec. vs mystics absorb soul: chanell 5 sec, cast. 0.8 sec. You get 69% channeling in your gear, not including dragon or r8 set. so it takes u 1.7 sec to chanell absorb soul plus 0.8 sec to cast absorb soul= 2.5 sec. Wizard gets about 1 sec chanell time and 1.8 chanting time, so =2.8 sec. As you can see the wizard Glacial Snare is slower than mystic`s absorb soul.
Wizard can only hit hard on arcane classes with physical/fire aoe. It consumes 2 sparks and it is really slow. Absorb soul on the other hand consumes 0 chi and has 2 secs. cooldown. The biggest hit I got fro ma wizard was 15k, I usually get max 8-10k. If mystic`s absorb soul hits me 10k, I will not say a word. But if it can make a psychic get 1-hitted or veno 1 -hitted when hp above half, it is not balanced and not fair.
Oh really now..
Are you kidding me? ahahahaha.
I'm sorry, how about the other skills? Why only glacial snare? Please compare all the skills from all classes, and then you really realize how much the mystics need that skill. ^_^ Plus, then you add demon/sage, dragon, or r8 gear, and all classes get more powered up. The mystics need that skill, and it doesn't need to be nerfed.
It is fair and balanced, because the classes that the mystic kills are the classes that it is GOOD against.
Every class has something that its good at, kay?
I'm not even a mystic on my main; I'm a wizard.
(:

yunie1

Mystics do need a physical damaging skill given their weak damage on AA targets. But absorb soul is kinda out of hand and anyone that says it isn't, doesn't know what they're talking about.
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:51 pm by Clarity

yunie1

15k every 2 seconds? Did you not notice the channeling time?

Did you not notice the crazy channeling you can get with r8 stats? Or even Dragon gear?