Epic Perfect World

Barbie PvP Video Discussion - Barb vs Psy - Just what I do

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me

This is my first in a series of videos where I go to a random place and choose a class to fight then talk about how I fight them whilst fighting them! I wish to point out a few things before you comment:

1. I don't claim to know everything about barbs and/or Pvp - It is just what I have learned.
2. I know my accent is funny, i'm sorry if you dislike it, please keep it out of the discussion though, I will push to get you banned if you offend me for stupid reasons like this.
3. I'm always up for constructive criticism however I would like to hear what I did wrong and not just 'You're shit'. I try my best but I'm not perfect and like everyone I make mistakes. Those mistakes sometimes make it into my videos However I acknowledge that people check videos for flaws, just like I do on other peoples, just remember that when watching from the outside its easy to say 'I would have done that' but when you are in the fight its different, so yeah you can talk the talk like anyone just remember in game it's different.

In this video I was so caught up in trying to show you what i do offensively I never used Bestial Rage once. This is an important skills to use against magic classes so keep that in mind. Other than that Enjoy and I hope you learn from what I do and equally I hope to learn from what people have to say.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
wow. you won Ahed. o;
nice video~ but that chat... Oh god...

LaceyPip

Nice video once again :)

And your accent is gorgeous!!  :P

shizo

Suggest you use keyboard for skills, you misstime the skills too often with clicking and occasionally even drag them instead of using them, not to mention your poor mouse is squealing from all the clicks.
Put the skills (or genie,pills,whatever) you use most in human form on one bar, the ones you use in tiger form on second bar and deactivate the other bars so you only switch between those two with shortcut button. Put transform on both bars at same place for easier switch. Now whenever you transform just switch to next bar and 1,2,3,4... or f1,f2,f3,f4... whichever you prefer. Clicking is for all the rest skills,pills etc you rarely use.
Should improve your timing and minimize missclicks.

Confederate

Suggest you use keyboard for skills
this x10000. clicking everything is for plebs. be on top of your game, use your keyboard.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:09 am by EvilTouch

Offline Tarasque

• i won
  • Faction: Xpendable
Ok I'm kind've bored so I'll actually comment on this in depth. I have alot of advice if you don't mind.
Firstly, you should always watch their buffs. if they have electricity stuff around them they have the stun buff that stuns you on hit. You should always avoid hitting them (without anti stun) when they have this.
If they have glowy purple stuff they are in white voodoo. If the glowy stuff is red they are in black voodoo.
White voodoo lowers their attack level while raising their defense level, while black voodoo lowers their defense level but raises their attack level (not sure if you know this). You can also tell by the effect displayed when they use one, swords is black voodoo while shields is white voodoo. The reason the first psychic was so easy was because they stayed black voodoo.
Wait for the right moment to attack (black voodoo) but be wary they do a ton more damage in black voodoo.
Save violent triumph for getting past their stun buff.
Try not to use all of your genie's energy at once so you are constantly waiting for its recharge.
Clean sweep can not only purge their white voodoo if they are camping it, but can also purge psy's will (their physical immune skill) and expel physical immune genie skill. Use it accordingly.
Try using devour and penetrate armor as often as you can. Also use beastial onslaught as an opener attack because it gives 35% more crit for a short time if you are demon (which you are).
Often times you can end it quickly if you have them near half hp and they go black voodoo, just use arma or ancestral rage with any debuff you can and it is pretty much a guaranteed charm bypass, you win. Sort of like the end of the 2nd fight with ahed but you did auto attack and got a zerk crit luckily.
You don't exactly need willsurge to beat a psychic, when I still played barb I killed them without it, but it is nice to have.
You should also keep invoke in mind for when you are close to death or you know it's going to hurt.
Use hp buff occasionally for more chi if low on chi.
I could give alot more advice but I think this is more than enough to read already.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:37 am by Medication

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Ok I'm kind've bored so I'll actually comment on this in depth. I have alot of advice if you don't mind.
Firstly, you should always watch their buffs. if they have electricity stuff around them they have the stun buff that stuns you on hit. You should always avoid hitting them (without anti stun) when they have this.
If they have glowy purple stuff they are in white voodoo. If the glowy stuff is red they are in black voodoo.
White voodoo lowers their attack level while raising their defense level, while black voodoo lowers their defense level but raises their attack level (not sure if you know this). You can also tell by the effect displayed when they use one, swords is black voodoo while shields is white voodoo. The reason the first psychic was so easy was because they stayed black voodoo.
Wait for the right moment to attack (black voodoo) but be wary they do a ton more damage in black voodoo.
Try not to use all of your genie's energy at once so you are constantly waiting for its recharge.
Clean sweep can not only purge their white voodoo if they are camping it, but can also purge psy's will (their physical immune skill) and expel physical immune genie skill. Use it accordingly.
Try using devour and penetrate armor as often as you can. Also use beastial onslaught as an opener attack because it gives 35% more crit for a short time if you are demon (which you are).
Often times you can end it quickly if you have them near half hp and they go black voodoo, just use arma or ancestral rage with any debuff you can and it is pretty much a guaranteed charm bypass, you win. Sort of like the end of the 2nd fight with ahed but you did auto attack and got a zerk crit luckily.
You don't exactly need willsurge to beat a psychic, when I still played barb I killed them without it, but it is nice to have.
You should also keep invoke in mind for when you are close to death or you know it's going to hurt.
I could give alot more advice but I think this is more than enough to read already.

tarasque +100   :normal-42:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
everything u need vs psy is very simply,try to tank the psy how long you can,and focus on trying to 1 shot it,its really hard when u trying to aps kill him while he camping white.thats all what u need and Full STR genie ofc

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

Some great advice there thanks! This will surely improve my game vs Psys, I don't claim to know everything about psy's or any other class for that matter. Soul of Stun (As i refer to it in my video) how long does that buff last? I was aware of the different Voodoo's and what they are capable of doing but I didn't know which colour was relative to each one, so thanks for that. To be honest, I kind of like fighting classes I know nothing about, it allows to me to learn as I play and makes the game interesting for me, does that make me a bit of a nab? Perhaps to some serious gamers, but then I'm not a serious gamer and I don't mind losing. I play for fun, not to win and there is a reason I stick to one class and 1 class only for PvP. Of course when I do win thats just great but having a good time and making videos is far more important to me than all that. I tend to stay away from Armageddon in 1V1s because it strips my HP and leaves me vulnerable. I find at times its just mediocre while other times its strong. With no Tree of Protection now also it has lost some of its power also.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Suggest you use keyboard for skills, you misstime the skills too often with clicking and occasionally even drag them instead of using them, not to mention your poor mouse is squealing from all the clicks.
Put the skills (or genie,pills,whatever) you use most in human form on one bar, the ones you use in tiger form on second bar and deactivate the other bars so you only switch between those two with shortcut button. Put transform on both bars at same place for easier switch. Now whenever you transform just switch to next bar and 1,2,3,4... or f1,f2,f3,f4... whichever you prefer. Clicking is for all the rest skills,pills etc you rarely use.
Should improve your timing and minimize missclicks.

Yeah my timing is affected by this, the problem is trying to teach yourself to play completely differently, I am so used to using the mouse i think switching to shortcuts will render me a little useless for a while! I do have my targeting and normal attacks linked to my mouse. I'll try this strategy but to be honest i'll probably just fail and go back to rage clicking lol

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
i looks sexy even in game  :normal-4:

and why you have so many hp  :normal-13:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
i looks sexy even in game  :normal-4:

and why you have so many hp  :normal-13:

haha hey man good to see you here ^^ Oh I dont have so much HP compared to some barbies, ive seen ones with over 90k hp :o

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
haha hey man good to see you here ^^ Oh I dont have so much HP compared to some barbies, ive seen ones with over 90k hp :o

holyy shit lol i should rerrol to wiz  :pig-11:

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Soul of Stun (As i refer to it in my video) how long does that buff last?
The buff itself lasts for a painful 30 seconds q.q

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
This is a very well thought out set of advice.  Probably one of the biggest tips I can give that hasn't been said yet for fighting a psy like myself who prefers to kite with immobilizes rather than using white voodoo is to go kitty form every time an enemy leaves your effective range.  This is not only for catching them quickly, but for your own safety.  I eat standing barbs. I literally open my mouth and devour standing barbs. Don't get caught without a means for survival. I saw you were pretty good about doing that in this video, but i's always good to remember.

The main thing that I think you need is fortify for your genie to get past soul of stunning. Ahed was primarily only using black when he had you stunned. Practice looking for that buff very 30 seconds or so.  If you can get past it, the average psy will be confused as to their next move.  In the beginning of the long fight you had with him, you used up a lot of your genie while he was still in white voodoo.  It is advised to not waste any decent skills while white voodoo is active.  If anything, you are better off not attacking at all.  A psy who uses white in the beginning is waiting for a safe point to enter their attack voodoo.  Lead him into a false sense of security before releasing hell and you will have a much easier time. 
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:19 pm by Cynix
I'm basically 40