Epic Perfect World

Cashews' Pet Guide

Offline Cashews

Loyal Dog
Pets with this ability: Primitive Wolf (White Wolf), Rune.
Recommended Mood: Chivalrous, Earnest, Valiant. (These skills gives the Mind skill, which gives your pets 55% damage reduction to player damage + 6 attack and 6 defense levels and their respective skill which is listed below)
Chivalrous: Gives your pet a 4% chance to do a 2 second stun every time it does a normal hit.
Earnest (Recommended): It gives your pet the skill Spirit, which makes it untargettable for 8 seconds and can be used to prohibit the enemy to hit your pet and kill it.
Valiant: Makes your pet basically immune to all movement debuffs.

Recommended Skills (updated as of 4/29/21)
For HA/LA(DB/Sin) Classes: (Removed Bleed cause it's pathetic vs pdef classes namely Barb/BM but still works vs DB)

1: Rule the World, Pounce, Heavy load, Strong
1A: This is good for fighting Barbs/BMs since when fighting these said classes you specifically do not need reflect, as you will need a bit of cc over them and reflect will not do much

2: Rule the World, Blessing, Reflect, Strong
2B: This is my favorite config when fighting Sins, A bit of reflect and cc does wonders.

Combat Saint
Pets with this ability: Feral Wolves, Avatar of War, Calico cat, Nine-tailed Shaman, etc.
Recommended mood: Indifferent

Recommended skills (in order)
For AA Classes and Archers:

1: Rule the World, Flesh Ream, Heavy Load, Pounce.
1A: This is my main wolf's setup. This is a great setup if you're confident enough to protect your pet.

2: Rule the World, Flesh Ream, Heavy Load, Protect.
2B: This is the "safe" setup. As this setup gives your pet mdef, which the first setup lacks. Also deals the same damage as the first setup, but does less cc.

Rapid Shot
Pets with this ability: Vulture, Damnation, Battle Deer, etc.
Recommended mood: Chivalrous

This is an aps pet, it has a higher chance to proc the stun because of the new passive.

Classes: If u wanna decimate someone, use this

Recommended skills (in order)
1: Rule the World, Flesh Ream, Heavy Load, Pounce.
1A: Again, this is similar to the other one, just different mood.

PVE

Skills are: (In order)
Ice Stick, Claw, Protect, Return from Fire.
Recommended mood:
Righteous

The previous guide argued that aps pets are the way to go. Which I think is not viable for the reason that pets are extremely squishy versus pdef monsters and even players. And as mentioned above, Combat saints are a no go for Physical-type enemies. Ice stick does an incredible job in dealing damage and could even steal aggro in Forest Ruins. I chose Return from fire as the 4th skill for the reason that it gives
200 defense levels, and heals your pet by 70% for 6 seconds.
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2021, 01:34 pm by Cashews

Offline Cashews

There are some instances when this guide does not apply to certain situations.
So here are some alternate setups.

PET VS PET
I've tested several setups on this way of pet killing and I think this is probably the better setup than using a Combat Saint (Feral Wolves, etc.) Because Loyal Dog/Corgi/Other high HP Pet Types has naturally better def/hp stats than a Combat Saint. Just make sure this pet doesn't get purged.
You can still use the same skills on a combat saint, but you really need a high atk/atk lvl + hp coefficient which is fairly hard to get.

Seekers
This pet Mood is quite an unsual one, I have never found a use for it till now. It maxes out at Level 4 which has a 4% chance of disarming the enemy for 4s.
Even better with the new passive.

Offline Cashews

MASS PVP
Mass PVP is always a matter of preference, I personally use the first one just because when several players hit you, the second setup just instantly dies.

1. This is a battle corgi, similar stats with loyal dog pets. The mood should be  
Valiant so it doesnt get held up in any way.

2. This is a Baby Dragon, You can only get these during halloween, but there are other alternatives to flying combat saints. This offers a significant amount of damage and CC, but again wf's arent meant to be damage dealers like EA so this setup for me is not the ideal. But whatever floats your boat man.

Usually people get really confused on what to prioritize on making pets. In this part, I'll explain which stats are more important and why.

So here, we have two different pets.

One is maxed attack, but the other one isn't but the other one has defensive stats.
Firstly, pets aren't  meant to be immortal. However tanky you make them to be, how much stats and buffs they have, they will die.
Stormbringers, Clerics, Seekers, Mystics are some of the fastest classes to kill a pet.

I'll say now that pet #1 is far superior than pet #2, for one reason. HP.
HP for some reason is the pets main defense. I have had pets with 20/20 defense, and 75/80 defense level and they're still bad defense wise. Refer to the stats above, they may have similar Defense and Defense Levels, but the HP is a 9 stat difference amounting to around 3000 hp. Defense and Defense Levels doesn't scale as better in Combat Saints as they do in Loyal Wolf pets. So I don't suggest prioritizing said stats.

Pet 1's hp.

Pet 2's hp.

So, when building a pet. The ideal stats are always a balance of defense and offense.
You can have a 100 100 pet but if the defense stats are bad, it will die.
At the end of the day, pets are pets. They can only do so much to help you win fights.
A good wf doesn't need good pets to be good.

Dont pm me ingame, this is why i made this post

That's it for now lol
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2021, 01:31 pm by Cashews

Offline owen90

it's good! you did a great job buddy

Offline Moses

• Agatio's promise
  • 63 68 69 61 72 61 <3

Offline dominic9

cool guide, thanks :)
GuideGuide

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMM

• serious gamer
  • Faction: Notorious
cashews no offense but i think these guides should be made by people who are good at werefox

Offline Ancients

• I eat ass
  • Notorious Titan
  • Characters: Ancients
  • Faction: Notorious/Prominent
cashews no offense but i think these guides should be made by people who are good at werefox

Offline Cashews

HAHAHAHHA SCREW U