Epic Perfect World

Corrupted Files

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I'm still having problems with my files being corrupted.
I've deleted and re-downloaded at least 6 times.
When i run anything (start, patcher, launcher) It says the same 'corrupted', so i've verified it countless times and still the same result: It will say the update was successful, i'll run it and many problems will occur. nothing stopping me from playing, just all the icons are mis-matched, the map is cut up, the guild icons are also mismatched other things i can't think of.

I put up with it for a week after trying so much but now i need to change my fashion and it's too hard with all the different icons. I have to read them like 5 times to get them right. :'(

Any help would be great. ♥

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Delete all files
possibly check registry, get a program that checks for remainders..
And reinstall?
That's the only thing I could say :<

On another hand, my  version works, if you want I could upload it (if I'm allowed)?
IDK, since it worked fine for me.

Laptop's video card? IDK.
;-; Just trying to say something..
(:

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Are you using Windows 8? Try to running the patcher in Windows XP compatibility mode (should be available under right click -> solve compatibility issues or under properties)

Offline 🌸

• -
Are you using Windows 8? Try to running the patcher in Windows XP compatibility mode (should be available under right click -> solve compatibility issues or under properties)

i'm using windows 7, my computer often has problems so i know it's not the game, i already run it in windows compatibility mode windowsxp(service pack 3) otherwise it won't run at all.

Delete all files
possibly check registry, get a program that checks for remainders..
And reinstall?
That's the only thing I could say :<

On another hand, my  version works, if you want I could upload it (if I'm allowed)?
IDK, since it worked fine for me.

Laptop's video card? IDK.
;-; Just trying to say something..

yeah, i made sure i deleted everything i could find but could you link something that would check my registry for me? c:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
exception created on antivirus ?

also when you extract the game to the folder, never use a folder with the name of a previous attempt, windows tends to associate those names, always create a new one.

also what dod u use to download? cuz chrome isnt really the ebst choice, ever tried torrent? im seeding with agatio all the time.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Just start the game directly from elementclient (located in EPW/element) and use patcher only from time to time when new patch is released

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I have this same problem too even though it doesn't keep me from playing, has it been figured out why?
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline 🌸

• -
exception created on antivirus ?

also when you extract the game to the folder, never use a folder with the name of a previous attempt, windows tends to associate those names, always create a new one.

also what dod u use to download? cuz chrome isnt really the ebst choice, ever tried torrent? im seeding with agatio all the time.

I'll try everything you suggested, and nope I downloaded with Firefox.

Just start the game directly from elementclient (located in EPW/element) and use patcher only from time to time when new patch is released

Yeah, since I've had to run the game in compatibility mode windows xp I can't run directly from element client sadly, it just closes it within seconds because it isn't compatible.

I have this same problem too even though it doesn't keep me from playing, has it been figured out why?

Yeah same, I still play, it's just harder since all the icons are different. I have the plume shot icon for natures vengeance. xD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
what antivirus do you use ?

Offline 🌸

• -
what antivirus do you use ?

Norton, sadly. I'll try turning it off when I'm downloading the torrent tomorrow and I'll save the file as something different. Hopefully that will work. c:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
hm norton is not exactly my choice lol but i think it might be it deleting files. i think it works as avg does, scanning while download and every unknown problem it will erase the file. what yo can do it add the exception for the www.epicpw.com website and the link of the direct download. i think he wont scan it that way  :-\

Offline Tagonari

I open the game launcher, and it says that my file are corrupted. I click the verify button, and it verifies. once it is complete I can play the game. I don't notice anything wrong either. But I have to do the verify bottum, every single time I open the launcher on my computer. I was having the same problem on my laptop, but it went away.

Any suggestions???

Tag

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
hm norton is not exactly my choice lol but i think it might be it deleting files. i think it works as avg does, scanning while download and every unknown problem it will erase the file. what yo can do it add the exception for the www.epicpw.com website and the link of the direct download. i think he wont scan it that way  :-\

I run Norton and I downloaded epic with no problems, and I didn't have to add a exception to my files either.

Offline 🌸

• -

I run Norton and I downloaded epic with no problems, and I didn't have to add a exception to my files either.

Me too, last time, but I'll try it anyway.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
then if its not norton then i dunno :/
i had no problems downloading it :/ downloaded 2 mirrors and torrent.
im running out of ideas for those corrupted files...
maybe some programs u have installed? :/