Epic Perfect World

Increase drop rates for R8 hone mats

Offline _

+1 something should be done about this. Currently, most people are unable to farm the last mat required for honing fixed stats (ethereal crystals) due to the world bosses being monopolized 24/7 by players with several maxed out aps alts including 4x int wrist sins. Buying ethereals isn't really an option right now because they have increased in price over 350%. They used to cost only ~20 ec each or less, and now cost 90 each. So now just one step in the honing process for -12 wrists costs 300k ec. 

After the ability to revert fixed gear to stardust was added, there was a huge surge in price and demand for R8 hone mats (especially ethereal crystals because they can only be obtained from public world bosses). I suggest adding another way to farm ethereal crystals, such as tt or adding them to the list of items that can be exchanged at the Tournament Agent or the NS crystal for misfortune/fortune particles and OBCs respectively.

Offline 𝘿𝙟永

• It's the internet
+1 something should be done about this. Currently, most people are unable to farm the last mat required for honing fixed stats (ethereal crystals) due to the world bosses being monopolized 24/7 by players with several maxed out aps alts including 4x int wrist sins. Buying ethereals isn't really an option right now because they have increased in price over 350%. They used to cost only ~20 ec each or less, and now cost 90 each. So now just one step in the honing process for -12 wrists costs 300k ec.

After the ability to revert fixed gear to stardust was added, there was a huge surge in price and demand for R8 hone mats (especially ethereal crystals because they can only be obtained from public world bosses). I suggest adding another way to farm ethereal crystals, such as tt or adding them to the list of items that can be exchanged at the Tournament Agent or the NS crystal for misfortune/fortune particles and OBCs respectively.
Not true, any time I have felt like farming the world bosses I have been able to. Also using multiple aps sins is not the meta, there is a way to kill them the second they spawn and you can honestly hold all of them if you want to (how i farmed many in 1 week), most people just don't have the energy to use the meta method, or don't know it. But my point stands that I am able to get the bosses any time I want them, so far I'm the only person I've seen who kill them the way I do besides one other (the one who taught me the method, they dont farm anymore tho.)

I'd like to point out how only pvp players are complaining about the most important fixed gear mat and it's only because they cannot readily buy them at any moment they like at a price that is reasonable to them, which is fine; However, the issue is not a matter of the drop rate of the material, it's just population is declining and the population of people who still very actively pve is probably at an all time low. So best solution would probably to have some way farm them solo. such as TT like you suggested. Increasing drop rate from the world bosses will not fix the issue it will instead just increase interest in monopolizing them, as you said, and the people that do this will still try to make maximum profit as not everyone will be able to farm the material.

Offline Daniel69

• First Day EPW
  • Characters: Gardasil
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Try the mini world bosses on main map which spawns every 30min (I think). They’re about 15+ of them around and most of them are idle (most of the time). Of course each of them give less crystals compared to the bosses in heaven/ hell, but that’s an alternative if you don’t have the option of logging 4int sins to compete with other farmers. 

Offline Mugwump

• United States of Etivac
  • Characters: Mugwump / ChivasRegal
  • Faction: CardinaLs/Scoundrel
you mean too many supply no buyer . 

Offline _

Not true, any time I have felt like farming the world bosses I have been able to. Also using multiple aps sins is not the meta, there is a way to kill them the second they spawn and you can honestly hold all of them if you want to (how i farmed many in 1 week), most people just don't have the energy to use the meta method, or don't know it. But my point stands that I am able to get the bosses any time I want them, so far I'm the only person I've seen who kill them the way I do besides one other (the one who taught me the method, they dont farm anymore tho.)

I'd like to point out how only pvp players are complaining about the most important fixed gear mat and it's only because they cannot readily buy them at any moment they like at a price that is reasonable to them, which is fine; However, the issue is not a matter of the drop rate of the material, it's just population is declining and the population of people who still very actively pve is probably at an all time low. So best solution would probably to have some way farm them solo. such as TT like you suggested. Increasing drop rate from the world bosses will not fix the issue it will instead just increase interest in monopolizing them, as you said, and the people that do this will still try to make maximum profit as not everyone will be able to farm the material.
Actually it is true, the time you spent farming the bosses was a time most others were not able to given that the bosses are public and take hours to respawn, by default excluding anyone else who wants to farm them. I attempted to farm ethereals with a couple of aps classes at multiple time zones in the past couple weeks, and almost every time one person was holding all of the bosses by using a large quantity of aps alts and staggering the boss respawns, making it impossible for anyone else to get a single boss. Note again, the monopoly on ethereal farming has likely gotten worse recently given the increase in demand for R8 hone mats due to the patch that allowed the conversion of fixed stats to stardusts. The way to hold all heaven and hell world bosses is not a secret, but only the person with the best/most aps can hold the bosses when competing for ethereals since they will be able to maintain aggro. And if one person does it, nobody else can farm.

Offline Ahmed Akef 𓂀

• Poor Barbarian
  • Characters: zMachineGun / Clegane

Offline 𝘿𝙟永

• It's the internet
Actually it is true, the time you spent farming the bosses was a time most others were not able to given that the bosses are public and take hours to respawn, by default excluding anyone else who wants to farm them. I attempted to farm ethereals with a couple of aps classes at multiple time zones in the past couple weeks, and almost every time one person was holding all of the bosses by using a large quantity of aps alts and staggering the boss respawns, making it impossible for anyone else to get a single boss. Note again, the monopoly on ethereal farming has likely gotten worse recently given the increase in demand for R8 hone mats due to the patch that allowed the conversion of fixed stats to stardusts. The way to hold all heaven and hell world bosses is not a secret, but only the person with the best/most aps can hold the bosses when competing for ethereals since they will be able to maintain aggro. And if one person does it, nobody else can farm.
This post shows your lack of knowledge. The bosses respawn every 20 minutes, not hours. Do actual world bosses. Heaven & Hell bosses are terrible to do for etherals in comparison. If you were trying to do exclusively heaven/hell bosses then there is your issue right there. Main map bosses respawn in 20 minutes after it's dead
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2021, 04:04 pm by 𝘿𝙟永

Offline _

This post shows your lack of knowledge. The bosses respawn every 20 minutes, not hours. Do actual world bosses. Heaven & Hell bosses are terrible to do for etherals in comparison. If you were trying to do exclusively heaven/hell bosses then there is your issue right there. Main map bosses respawn in 20 minutes after it's dead
Not a lack of knowledge, just a misunderstanding between us. I should have expressed that I was referring exclusively to heaven and hell world bosses. They are a much better source of ethereals than main map mini world bosses. That is, if it weren't for a few players holding a monopoly on them. Main map world bosses drop a measly 0-5 ethereals while heaven and hell ones drop 20+. So, a few players farming heaven/hell bosses are getting far more ethereals with less time and energy compared to main map ones.
As far as I'm aware, each main map world boss has a chance to drop between 0-5 ethereals (average of 3). Assuming someone can kill 7 per hour, they would only get an average of 21 ethereals per hour. For context, it would take 30 days, 4 hours a day, of tedious farming to get 2,520 ethereals. And when accounting for transporting alts around the map and competition from other players, 7 boss kills per hour is probably above average.
Honing -12 wrists requires 3,300+ ethereals. The current drop rate is not enough to reasonably provide materials for one piece of R8 for one person in a 30-day period, let alone the gear for the entire server given that the bosses are public.
A few potential ways to address this:
-Increase drop rate
-Decrease quantity of hone mats required to hone R8 fixed stats
-Add ethereals to TT to address the monopoly issue
-Add a better conversion rate from misfortune/fortune particles to ethereals
-Patch to allow fixed R8 to convert back into all mats used to make it and not just stardusts, going forward

Offline 𝘿𝙟永

• It's the internet
Not a lack of knowledge, just a misunderstanding between us. I should have expressed that I was referring exclusively to heaven and hell world bosses. They are a much better source of ethereals than main map mini world bosses. That is, if it weren't for a few players holding a monopoly on them. Main map world bosses drop a measly 0-5 ethereals while heaven and hell ones drop 20+. So, a few players farming heaven/hell bosses are getting far more ethereals with less time and energy compared to main map ones.
As far as I'm aware, each main map world boss has a chance to drop between 0-5 ethereals (average of 3). Assuming someone can kill 7 per hour, they would only get an average of 21 ethereals per hour. For context, it would take 30 days, 4 hours a day, of tedious farming to get 2,520 ethereals. And when accounting for transporting alts around the map and competition from other players, 7 boss kills per hour is probably above average.
Honing -12 wrists requires 3,300+ ethereals. The current drop rate is not enough to reasonably provide materials for one piece of R8 for one person in a 30-day period, let alone the gear for the entire server given that the bosses are public.
A few potential ways to address this:
-Increase drop rate
-Decrease quantity of hone mats required to hone R8 fixed stats
-Add ethereals to TT to address the monopoly issue
-Add a better conversion rate from misfortune/fortune particles to ethereals
-Patch to allow fixed R8 to convert back into all mats used to make it and not just stardusts, going forward
Idk man been farming world bosses for like 2 months now and I have never had an issue trying to farm them, sometimes they are dead yeah but in that case I just wait a bit then kill when it spawns. I agree there needs to be a way for everyone to farm them, and adding them to TT is the best solution for that. Also considering that they respawn every 20 minutes your math is off, if you are able to grab 7 you can easily hold those 7, this results in you killing 21 per hour and not 7. and that will average you about 40-70 etherals per hour (yes this considers the case where you get bad RNG, as well as good RNG, both of which is somewhat likely.) 

Last Edit: Apr 16, 2021, 05:21 pm by 𝘿𝙟永

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
JUST DISABLE BLUE NAME IN HELL AND HEAVEN SO PEOPLE CAN'T CAMP THE BOSSES WITH 10 BLUE NAMED ALTS

Offline Fade

• Old Player
  • pic by furin
  • Characters: Stile Fade Faith
hell / heaven maps actually had blue names disabled.. that's the reason why the epic world bosses were placed in these maps in the first place. It was probably overwritten with the 1.5.5 update

of course the other solution would be making the bosses immune to blue named players, like with the DH one

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
hell / heaven maps actually had blue names disabled.. that's the reason why the epic world bosses were placed in these maps in the first place. It was probably overwritten with the 1.5.5 update

of course the other solution would be making the bosses immune to blue named players, like with the DH one
+1 time to ruin their altfarms
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
While you address pve monopolies you might wanna do something about Laraisa monopolizing the Hide & Seek event for what, 2+ years now?

Offline _

Idk man been farming world bosses for like 2 months now and I have never had an issue trying to farm them, sometimes they are dead yeah but in that case I just wait a bit then kill when it spawns. I agree there needs to be a way for everyone to farm them, and adding them to TT is the best solution for that. Also considering that they respawn every 20 minutes your math is off, if you are able to grab 7 you can easily hold those 7, this results in you killing 21 per hour and not 7. and that will average you about 40-70 etherals per hour (yes this considers the case where you get bad RNG, as well as good RNG, both of which is somewhat likely.)
To address the monopoly, adding ethereals to TT is one option but so is reinstating blue name disable in heaven/hell maps as others said.  Also slightly increasing drop rates for main map world bosses wouldn't hurt if the competition for them is a non-issue as you said. Especially given the new unreasonable price of ethereals, which might not decrease anytime soon without some kind of action.

I never said there was an issue with farming main map world bosses other than low drop rates. Also, my math is not "off" given the parameters I used. With 1 character it would be normal to expect to kill ~7 bosses per hour. Assuming each boss takes roughly 8 mins to kill including the factors mentioned -- traveling to the next boss and waiting for boss respawns. Whatever method you are using with tons of alts is not normal and not everyone can do that. 

Offline _

+1 would fix the monopoly issue