Epic Perfect World

Remove No, of Alt Limitation in Frigid (Christmas Quest)

Offline gypsy101

what i see here is.  the people who disagree with this are the people who have no patience/time or interest to do it in altleast 10+ alts (maybe).
those who agree are people who do it in 10+ and people who wants to buy stockings in cheaper price and don't want to buy it higher (well demand>supply now so prices will really go up).
Pros:
No overfarming
Limited stock
Pvp might be alive cause farming hours is shortened.
genie price will go up again
engraved ornas price will go up again

Cons:
Prices go up = pvp players won't afford it to upgrade whatever they want this in this xmas season.
Some people only do pve, taking this away from them is a big blow.
Some pvpers killing time by doing the quest to prepare for the said "Winter PvP" so they need to gear up (maybe).
Some pvpers do it so they won't farm the whole year for supplies (gold,pots,sods,luxury ornas etc.)
well it's choose your poison. but for me don't fix what's not broken.
but still +1 as if i have other choice to do anything besides pve anyways.
+26544

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Point of alt limit is not to keep people from PvEing, but to keep people from getting more EC per day than they're supposed to.
Ideally, you would want to set the reward as high as possible, so that more players would engage in Christmas events, and even casual players would be able to gain good rewards compared to more active farmers. But if you do this, then people with alts would make insane amounts of EC, which would of course inflate the economy and disadvantage anyone that didn't participate in Christmas events. That's why an alt limit on seasonal events is necessary.
If the limit was removed, the rewards would have to be reduced, which would make the events a waste of time for anyone who is not logging 100 alts.

As for the argument that you can spam TT or Abaddon; those don't disadvantage anyone because they are available at all times.

Offline gypsy101

People from last years Halloween event benefited because they farm for months and got tons of ec and not to mention stacks for 999 pe's. If u cant remove the alt limitations alteast make it 20-30 per day man. People waited for this event.

Offline damikim

• Made enemy into forum crying warriors
  • Characters: idk tbh
  • Faction: Everywhere

If the limit was removed, the rewards would have to be reduced, which would make the events a waste of time for anyone who is not logging 100 alts.

so make it spammable instead so they won't bother logging 100 alts. the more you play the more you gain.  as for the ec, i don't think all farmers are hunting for ec. some needs stockings because engraving materials is hard to find after this event (sv removed, nw crowded) and would be harder if you want rank ring (which you need to farm st in every corner). my suggestion would be put all the ec rewards in one NPC or quest and limit that particular npc/quest to 10 or w/e. that way you can limit the amounts of EC circulating the economy. and that will prevent the inflation in stocking prices also (supply>demand).
Less ec -> less buying power
Less buying power -> less demand

Offline Daniel69

• First Day EPW
  • Characters: Gardasil
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Point of alt limit is not to keep people from PvEing, but to keep people from getting more EC per day than they're supposed to.
Ideally, you would want to set the reward as high as possible, so that more players would engage in Christmas events, and even casual players would be able to gain good rewards compared to more active farmers. But if you do this, then people with alts would make insane amounts of EC, which would of course inflate the economy and disadvantage anyone that didn't participate in Christmas events. That's why an alt limit on seasonal events is necessary.

As for the argument that you can spam TT or Abaddon; those don't disadvantage anyone because they are available at all times.
Yes, but the 24hour refresh is not necessary as the mechanism to limit excessive farming is already there (10chars limit).

Offline eloy

• Faction: sua mae
1 year without xmas for 2020 xmas limit alt XD and no fash 

Offline gypsy101

1 year without xmas for 2020 xmas limit alt XD and no fash
hhhahahhaahahah

Offline gypsy101

why not make it per account? just like Halloween

Offline damikim

why not make it per account? just like Halloween
10 limit is better than per account plus people will create 9999999999 accounts that'll bombard the database of the server. only way is to increase the limit or my suggestion to make it unlimited  (stocking quest only) while having all the ecs rewards to be put in one npc/quest that'll be limited to 10.

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
I agree with everything Burdette said and it's the main reason why the alt limit was set in place.

To add on, at the current state of things, you can obtain:
2k+ stockings from doing daily quests on 10 alts
500 average stockings from attending Incident in Fairyland twice a day
2k stockings from attending Christmas Stash 3 times a day
many stockings from the Snow Monsters quest as it doesn't have an alt limit set in place

So let's say you get 5k stockings per day with persistent farming. Is that not enough? If there's no alt limit, and you can physically complete the quests with 100 alts in a day, that's 20k+ stockings, which is insane. And as Burdette already mentioned, if we nerf the rewards then the quests will be useless for casual players who might complete them with few characters per day. And it's not the EC which are problematic, it's the stockings which will decrease the price of high quality ornaments.

I do however agree that the quests cooldown should reset at server reset, which is what I will apply in a few minutes. To add on, the snow monster invasion will now be scheduled each 8 hours (05:30, 13:30, 21:30) with occasional manual activation by GMs.

Offline BumleBee

• Never died in epw
  • Bee 🐝
  • Characters: Inej
Agree ppls still want more and more doing at 3,chars bay and tried lol

Thx KimSiHyeon for the Siggy.

Offline damikim

I agree with everything Burdette said and it's the main reason why the alt limit was set in place.

To add on, at the current state of things, you can obtain:
2k+ stockings from doing daily quests on 10 alts
500 average stockings from attending Incident in Fairyland twice a day
2k stockings from attending Christmas Stash 3 times a day
many stockings from the Snow Monsters quest as it doesn't have an alt limit set in place

So let's say you get 5k stockings per day with persistent farming. Is that not enough? If there's no alt limit, and you can physically complete the quests with 100 alts in a day, that's 20k+ stockings, which is insane. And as Burdette already mentioned, if we nerf the rewards then the quests will be useless for casual players who might complete them with few characters per day. And it's not the EC which are problematic, it's the stockings which will decrease the price of high quality ornaments.

I do however agree that the quests cooldown should reset at server reset, which is what I will apply in a few minutes. To add on, the snow monster invasion will now be scheduled each 8 hours (05:30, 13:30, 21:30) with occasional manual activation by GMs.
20k stockings is just 1k (more or less) rolls in ring. more like 10k ST if you supply tokens. 100 alts, i wonder how many hours to complete it but let's say 8-12 hours. isn't 8-12 hrs worthy to be rewarded of 1k rolls on engraving rings? (1k rolls on ring, 20k Stockings to belt or neck is like 300 rolls). as if all people would make 100 alts (need to gear, do master of balance, insert stats, genie, skills and etc). 

Offline gypsy101

20k stockings is just 1k (more or less) rolls in ring. more like 10k ST if you supply tokens. 100 alts, i wonder how many hours to complete it but let's say 8-12 hours. isn't 8-12 hrs worthy to be rewarded of 1k rolls on engraving rings? (1k rolls on ring, 20k Stockings to belt or neck is like 300 rolls). as if all people would make 100 alts (need to gear, do master of balance, insert stats, genie, skills and etc).
+11111111111111111111111111

Offline VAL

• Characters: VAL/Shikadai
  • Faction: Bug
lol doing it on 2-3 toon is already pain in the ass. how about 10+ toon xd

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
If people want to do it on 100 alts let them, i don't consider the reward significant like halloweens was for concerns of abuse imo. It takes time to even do it on every char lol.