Epic Perfect World

[Philosophy/Discussion] A GM's status

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Do you view it as somewhat of a punishment you I would assume cannot participate in social events like raiding? What about your rules to pking if any?

No not at all. I mean GMs could have an unfair advantage in most things and IF we want to pk theres always ppl willing to play around :) There are events and stuff I obviously miss doing (TW) for example but I'll forego them to be able to do what I do on a daily basis
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Better question though for you would stand as, "Do YOU believe they are your friends?" Don't you ever wonder of the ones who claim such a friendship only to have the beneficial idea that you'll go easier on them with punishments? Even aid them to a promotion? I'm not speaking individually to players but to GMs, Donators, etc. in this prospect.

Fanboys and friends carry two different classifications. And at first, to be completely honest, I wouldn't have known the difference without the other GMs, Brash and Paprika in particular. I don't feel as if I was completely prepared upon starting this occupation, but with the help of new friends that I've gained, not fanboys seeking items, I'm better equipped and capable of tackling most obstacles that is required to keep such a position.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Being that I've been in absence of PWI and most games that give even an application to a title of Game Master or Admin and it's abilities or rewards, I started to wonder of my own thoughts and of others towards such. I think I can speak for a general population of gamers here who've played private servers and the real games such as World of Warcraft, RuneScape, Fiesta, Guild Wars, etc. and have played from the real, to the slightly higher rated, to higher and then insanity(level cap instant, best gear in a flash, etc.) So the thoughts was do you want the power of a GM or it's rewards? Do you really have an interest to help others, why? I can only assume others can create their own servers to which either recruit friends to and demolish the game's integrity by creating the best gear like a GMs. Also just as a generalization what is it like to have such power over another? Does a GM here or anywhere else ever regret their decision to become such and if so why? Is it the begging of the casual players or has your powers grown to tire? I wish I could brag of the servers I've made and been apart of, but frankly I wouldn't be able to name even a handful if I tried. What really is the interest to being a GM or moderator, anything realistically. It seems like a dreadful position to be set into in my eyes is why I ask and say all this. I'm also interested in other idealism of the others and our existing "people of power" if you will, assuming you or someone else has a higher up status than the rest of us.

I've been both.
I was forum MOD much longer than I was GM and loved MODing forums alooooot.

It's about enjoying the community and game/server so much that you want to watch over it, Help it grow, make it better.

Well, that's how it starts out I guess. You always get the GMs who start exercising their powers in a different interest after a while.

In a way the GMs are there to serve the normal players, in exchange for being treated with respect from normal players.
GMs need to remember that they volunteered for the position, they understood how hard it would be from the beginning.

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
I've been both.
I was forum MOD much longer than I was GM and loved MODing forums alooooot.

It's about enjoying the community and game/server so much that you want to watch over it, Help it grow, make it better.

Well, that's how it starts out I guess. You always get the GMs who start exercising their powers in a different interest after a while.

In a way the GMs are there to serve the normal players, in exchange for being treated with respect from normal players.
GMs need to remember that they volunteered for the position, they understood how hard it would be from the beginning.

Interesting, I've wondered for a long time what that's like. How is it to even be a forum moderator? I can't see it as being anything of even standard decency unless you're someone very "loving" of social media. Of course you understand though it's difficulties, but as the saying goes, "you bit off more than you can chew."

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline Ɗҽʂιɠɳҽɾ

• Perma
  • Banned
I become GM for share my love too  :-*