Epic Perfect World

EPW Update v77

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
Edit: also, after taking another look, I don't think the new skill will make God of Frenzy overpowered. the current probability for God of Frenzy to trigger is 20%. This means that regular GoF boosts your damage output by 20% (e.g. if your average damage per second is 100, GoF will make it 120). With the new skill maxed out, the damage output will be boosted by 23%, so going by the previous example, 120 average damage will become 123 average damage. This is an increase of 2.5%, which is equal to 2.5 attack levels. I doubt this will make a noticeable difference anywhere. Purify & genie skills might be a different story though, so they will be monitored.
Good to see that our new admin knows how to compute average dps correctly, however, in this case it is incorrect.

To focus solely on GoF for a second, we must note that at its most effective GoF operates as a black swan event, that is to say in PW terms, a bypass. I am of course speaking at the higher levels of gameplay in 1v1, and in terms of lethality. Three very common examples among many: Sin 3 spark 2 skill bypass, lets say spell cutter and earthen rift; WB sparked ancestral rage; Seeker's uncountered SS combo. Yes one may reason correctly that this change in GoF % in terms of constant dps would tend to increase the rate at which one attains lethality as lethality probability tends to 1, an example would be a sin apsing with GoF daggers, burning through cd rotations at an increased rate to the point of lethality. The problem is not the average increase in dps; but the increase in the probability at which a bypass may now occur. An increase in the randomization of extremes, of which purify wep takes the opposite effect.  Though I dont personally think this will be a problem on its own.

What this 'passive' does on the whole is the problem. It disproportionately affects classes. Let us take the WB example, since it got a fairly strong buff this patch. What did it get?

-Increase % Para
-Decrease on required points in str to proc occ ice, hence allocation into greater cd rotation potential. (One may say not much but note the price disparity between genie 129 and 134 for example, perhaps due to flexing)
-GoF % increase (Note how often wbs will rely on that singular ZC rather than constant dps, a good wb for example would, after ticking your charm and getting you to around 60% hp go tiger and ancestral combo as a means to try and bypass)
-Purge increase % I would assume?
-Stun in tiger increase %
-Berserker's Wrath I would assume?
-Freeze's
-Purge wep I guess? Unless removed already dont know.

Thats from the top of my head, perhaps some great wb main (lol xd) would point out things I have missed, as I am sure there are some. Now do I care about this buff? Not really. But with all these things in mind it is kind of neat. And perhaps I am misunderstanding the ingame mechanizations of what constitutes a 'proc' if so, then excuse me.

Now wf is the class I dont play but I am sure my boy Vand who also happens to be the best wf will enjoy these buffs. Some good wf perhaps Meline, diana, sonya, tue could tell us how many proc based abilities wf has, I am aware that there are quite a few. I would conjure that this is a needless buff, to a class which currently is beyond broken along with sin.

The real problem is the disparity between proc based abilities distributed between classes. 
EDIT: Actually SB does have some, the % to gain chi, which is actually strong, tidal force and an irrelevant freeze (because as a SB you are already manipulating distance) but compared to other classes it is still disproportionate, so my point stands. A better example would be DB which only has one.

Now as Carpet has mentioned below, people tend to translate crit directly into atk lvls. The thing is that the increase from a small amount of crit (20%) to (30%) on a magic class such as sb or mg would drastically increase damage, unlike a sin going from 70-80%. The way the classes distribute damage is different and incomparable really, too many factors, too much complexity, in all of this.

The reason im worried about its not the gof itself. But gof + crit, i made some calculations of probability myself and the spike in a+b from just 3% chance increase taking in consideration someone with 70%crit rate is a lot more than just 2.5 atk lvls.

Last Edit: Dec 04, 2020, 04:23 pm by 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝒾

Offline Valley

• Goodbye epw ♥
  • Art by the amazing Leonora ★
  • Characters: Valley, Gravity, misery
What about removing stealth buff from the CTF event?
Yes... please can we address this issue as it has been raised multiple times with no outcome.
Please remove stealth buff from CTF as it affects heavily on MG/Sins survival.

Not sure why it is fine in NW but different in CTF  :-[

Thanks inf  :-*

Last Edit: Dec 03, 2020, 03:03 pm by Valley

Offline Chisien

• Old Player

What this 'passive' does on the whole is the problem. It disproportionately affects classes. 
The real problem is the disparity between proc based abilities distributed between classes. SB does not gain a single thing from this (to the one smarty pants who would say moonblade, no, in a 1v1 scenario you would only use moonblade when in reaper, which already makes it 100%, using it without reaper at the higher levels of play a waste of chi and a pointless pressuring agent) and to the person who assumes I am whining about SB because I play it: does not matter, I can destroy anyone with or without these buffs, on any of the 4 classes which I play interchangeably. Someone mentioning purify on SB does not merit a serious response.
EDIT: Actually SB does have one, the % to gain chi, which is actually strong, and an irrelevant freeze (because as a SB you are already manipulating distance) but compared to other classes it is still disproportionate, so my point stands
DB only gets 1 skill as well. Proc chance for stun on Eternity.  Unless you count GoF anyway

Offline Daniel69

• First Day EPW
  • Characters: Gardasil
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
What about removing stealth buff from the CTF event?
Unless inf can make it so that any stealth skills are unusable if such classes are carrying the flag, otherwise I think that is why even in NW everyone gets the ‘detection potion’ buff 24/7.
This means inf have to completely disable all stealth-granting skills such as Distance Shrink, Ataraxia, Sin/DB/SK’s skills if and when these classes carries the flag. Either this or a mechanism to auto grant all players the ‘detection potion’ buff as and when these classes are carrying the flag which I think it’s not so easy to do.

Offline Honey fist

How about adding a respawn area after death?
The current respawn area is too close and there is a risk of camping

Offline ICEsmoke

• CowboyKing
  • *** em who needs em
  • Characters: QuetzalCoatl/ICEsmoke/Hiromatsu
  • Faction: Spiral
Hey i dont think the Fortunate Pupil skill is effecting my wr's Starsmite correctly, pole version is still only stunning 3/10 times sometimes 2/10 times when i run a test.

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
v78:

* Custom weapons, titles and guild icons have been updated. Weapons & titles will be sent later today.
* HB changes:
 ** Crystals will swap locations after each round.
 ** Boosted crystal HP by 20%.
* R8 armors rerolling will now also take 0.2 seconds.

Manual Patch

*** There will be an update to the rules and guidelines for requesting custom weapons during the day. The boards will stay locked until then. ***
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2020, 09:40 am by inf

Offline 𝓐𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

• Founder of Infamy
  • 𝒸'𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒
  • Characters: Men, Achilles
  • Faction: Infamy & Vehements
v78:

* Custom weapons, titles and guild icons have been updated. Weapons & titles will be sent later today.
* HB changes:
  ** Crystals will swap locations after each round.
  ** Boosted crystal HP by 20%.
* R8 armors rerolling will now also take 0.2 seconds.

Manual Patch

*** There will be an update to the rules and guidelines for requesting custom weapons during the day. The boards will stay unlocked until then. ***
yo i updated my client and > https://prnt.sc/vwa5hy

Offline inf

• Administrator
  • Characters: inf
yo i updated my client and > https://prnt.sc/vwa5hy
Server hasn't been updated yet. The restart is in 5 minutes, so you can try again in ~15.

Hey i dont think the Fortunate Pupil skill is effecting my wr's Starsmite correctly, pole version is still only stunning 3/10 times sometimes 2/10 times when i run a test.
Well it doesn't guarantee that you will always have the same distribution of procs, just because the effect triggered less than usual, it doesn't mean that the probability is lower.

Offline hihihihihi

• Old Player
  • 𝒜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Faction: ησσт
Thank for Patch ! :D

Offline xMayax

• Faction: Maritim
 :rolleyes: who does only pve?..... hard make new skill :/

Offline Ash.

• Faction: Akatsuki克
:rolleyes: who does only pve?..... hard make new skill :/
why would u worry about the skill if you're a pve player ?  :normal-43:
sig by my sister ♥

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
why would u worry about the skill if you're a pve player ?  :normal-43:
Apparently stun proc is very important in pve, especially on bosses that have cc immune

Offline 私はあなたがとても

• Want drink🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤
  • Mental peace is important [♥] Date Registered in EPW Server :Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am
  • Characters: M
  • Faction: Maritim or idk
every i need fix the custom UI version? or now dont need ? 
inf
Date Registered in Epic Perfect World Server : Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am

Offline Ash.

• Faction: Akatsuki克
Apparently stun proc is very important in pve, especially on bosses that have cc immune
yes specially ep's stun proc, I agree w u sir  :police:
sig by my sister ♥