Epic Perfect World

Making the server more newbie friendly and less distracting

Offline rainhaven

• Characters: RainHaven
It's been over 7-9 years since I played PW. I had an account here before and just recently came back.
There are a few small changes that I don't think beginners are too fond of. I was not a fan of these.

First, the automatic title new chars get after using the leveling book needs to go. It took me a long time, after asking around on the forum, to figure out how to get rid of it. 

The other tweak is to remove the large, blue/white ?lion ?tiger icon that appears on top of a newly made char. Someone told me that is to broadcast the news? I couldn't figure out what it does nor how to get rid of it. The only way was to log off and then login again. 

For the quest bar, it is always blinking. I haven't found an easy way to get rid of it or disable it. All of these flashing, blinking, distraction just clutter up the game. It's always nicer to keep it simple. 

Lastly, when a new char is made and uses the leveling book, it seems to teleport you to an area that you can shop around for gears (forgot the name of the area), and that's great. However, shortly after, the server teleports you to another area where there is a lady NPC talking about some quest. At that point, as a new player, I am lost. I have been playing PW for a long time and have had trouble with these things. Imagine a newbie. 

I suggest making a straight forward path for new players to follow, step by step. Perhaps have an NPC guide the player to go buy gears, then show them where to +12 it, where to add buy soul stones and imbue it, where to farm, etc etc. It's always good to attract new players and retain them. If they quit after a few minutes of playing, we lose potential customers. Just speaking from a business standpoint. 

Online Ranny

• Support Member
  • Instinct Active
  • ᕼᙓᒪᒪᖇᗩᔓᗢᖇ - I like to raise hell
  • Characters: Ranny
  • Faction: HellRazor
I mean the 1st and 2nd thing are in the pwi system automatically.

New titles, will flash as u get a new one. The title is a preview to show u what it is.

Not sure what is this blinking quest bar you are talking about. I usually have my quests hidden from my screen.

I know when u 1st enter ur in celestial vale, as in pwi currently. Then it ports you to some place in earth guard territory which is the main map.(I guess he can change it to arch or anywhere else)

Once you get to the main map, a string of important quests appear due to your level.

The one that ports u next to a lady npc is for the homestead questline, which is back in celestial vale where u started. (pwi auto thing)

Ya i do agree it can be a little cleaner for people who never played pwi in their lives.

We do have guides on forums outside of game that is step by step.

I know what u mean like a clean walk. God given is near with the gear/accessory/weapon/skills forges near and the Elder npc to refine.
Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:09 am by Ranny

Thank you for the lovely siggy  :tiger-48: Jolteon :tiger-48:
Check my girl out @ xitouxv deviantart