Epic Perfect World

Guide: PW Borderless Fullscreen

Offline Mada

• Graphic Developer
Note:
I don't have much time so will try to make it short.

step1: go (PW folder)\element\userdata and make a backup of systemsettings.ini
step2: download Borderless Gaming at your own risk Download Link and install it
step3: run perfect world and make sure it's running in windowed mode already, and run the program alongside it
it should look like this

Step4: select on the PW client on the left side and press on this and do not put it in favorites

Step5: the game will look so huge, go to task manager, select elementclient and End task

Step6: go to (PW folder)\element\userdata, open systemsettings.ini and adjust both RenderWid and RenderHei to your maximum screen resolution
if you dont know your maximum resolution go to start menu, type dxdiag and press enter then click on Display tab

that's how mine looks

step7: open the game and enjoy

P.S
if you might have to auto-hide the taskbar
(right click on taskbar, taskbar settings)

also Jao messaged me that he made a similar guide on the same topic, you can check it here https://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=62835.0
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:49 pm by Mada

I'm insane, it's stupid

Offline Omnislasher

• Meet Your Maker
  • I literally love it when you get mad ;)
  • Characters: Omnislasher/Samourai/Syd
  • Faction: Adversary
Nice gonna do it later thanks GM 💯🙏
Gamers don't die, they respawn.

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
Any mentions of INI in this post will not concern Character INIs, but your game settings.

You don't need ANY 3rd-party apps at ALL. You also don't need to backup your systemsettings.ini file - you can (and should) if you're worried about messing something up.

Borderless gaming will CORRUPT your systemsettings. Do NOT use this app. If you do, it's on you to restore your settings - this CANNOT be done from backups, this must be done by deleting your ini. If you think I'm lying, try it yourself.

I have not tested this on Apple/Linux-based OS/Distros (this includes Bootcamp.) I can only verify that this works with Windows 8.1 & up. I am not responsible if anything breaks on your end.

Step 1: Run PW. If you're already running in fullscreen @ your monitor's native resolution (for me, that's 1920x1080), great, you may skip to step 3, OTHERWISE....
Step 2: Switch to Fullscreen, and change your resolution to the bottom-MOST option (WARNING: If you have virtual super resolution enabled (or whatever NVidia calls it): Close the game, disable that feature, and reboot your system, THEN do Step 2.) Click APPLY. IF you're on any Windows 10 version other than 1909 or 2004, this may cause a black screen.
Step 3: Switch to Windowed mode, do NOT touch your resolution what-so-ever. Click Apply.
Step 4: COMPLETELY restart your game client. Do NOT force log or you will lose these changes!

Step 5: Enjoy your fullscreen borderless game. :)

This is what it should look like if you've done everything correctly: (note: image shrunk to 1024x576, right click & view image to see the full thing in 1080p)

Above image is NOT running in fullscreen, and I have NO external programs/apps running other than Steam, which cannot modify the game's resolution. This application, for use with Epic, ONLY provides me with an in-game UI, which I only use for its CEF browser.

IF FOR SOME REASON YOUR GAME GOES WEIRD, END THE PROCESS. Delete systemsettings.ini from /Installdir/elements/userdata. Relaunch game & reconfigure settings.

This has worked flawlessly, every single time for me, since 1.4-ish (Sirens of War xpac.)

If you have multiple monitors: you are SoL, NO guide will apply for your setup. This is the easiest way to make it "work", but it will not be borderless.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020, 03:05 am by Rikku
:)

Offline odysseus

awesome! TY so much! 
Made my resolution 2560x1050 instead of 1080 so i dont have to hide the taskbar!