Epic Perfect World

For Barbs: Possible builds

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
use your buffs Poison Fang (add wood damage),  Hp buff, strength of titans(dd phys damage), BloodRush(morai),  demon beastial onslaught gives additional crit %.
Yea, but like barbs have a passive skill that inc dmg output from axes! But, they don't have a skill that that inc dmg from claws/edges! So, is it actually worth it using those?
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Yea, but like barbs have a passive skill that inc dmg output from axes! But, they don't have a skill that that inc dmg from claws/edges! So, is it actually worth it using those?

they may not be passive but they more than compensate for the lack of  passive buff as you said. besides an Aps barb is in constant  3spark mode so you don' really need it.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
they may not be passive but they more than compensate for the lack of  passive buff as you said. besides an Aps barb is in constant  3spark mode so you don' really need it.
Thanks Jhin! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline SalvajeMC

Using claws as a barb in 1v1 is probably your best option against bms seeke barbs and some sins depends if dph or not. Claws do very good damange if you use  them right. Barbs should do penetrate armour (skill) and bestial onslaught(skill) before using claw, that would reduce the defense of other and evasion will drop greatly too. Using blood bath , strength of titans  poison fang , hp buff, and morai skill blood rush would also increase claws damange by alot . Now using fire pills and spark would make the aps go crazy most barbs use them but now comes the bad side  ...THE QQs... if barbs use spark and fire pills is a fast drop for all classes but most people will start QQing but who cares
Wise man speak because they have something to say, Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
I wonder if an APS barb can tell me exactly why they go APS?

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
I know this is stupid, but what is this fire pill?  :monkey-39: :monkey-27:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
I know this is stupid, but what is this fire pill?  :monkey-39: :monkey-27:

its an item that adds fire damage to your attack. It's called 'Raging Sun Orb'

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
its an item that adds fire damage to your attack. It's called 'Raging Sun Orb'
The ones from apo/forges(acquired with elixir)?

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
The ones from apo/forges(acquired with elixir)?

Yep they are the ones

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Using claws as a barb in 1v1 is probably your best option against bms seeke barbs and some sins depends if dph or not. Claws do very good damange if you use  them right. Barbs should do penetrate armour (skill) and bestial onslaught(skill) before using claw, that would reduce the defense of other and evasion will drop greatly too. Using blood bath , strength of titans  poison fang , hp buff, and morai skill blood rush would also increase claws damange by alot . Now using fire pills and spark would make the aps go crazy most barbs use them but now comes the bad side  ...THE QQs... if barbs use spark and fire pills is a fast drop for all classes but most people will start QQing but who cares

listen to him he's good.

I wonder if an APS barb can tell me exactly why they go APS?

cause it's OP. barbs got debuffs and huge HP add those with an aps barb's strong critical hits going at 5 aps. it's strong.

i myself however am trying to learn DPH and it's fun too. less QQ.

RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Aposeydon

• ded gaem
  • Never underestimate the power of weaponized autism
  • Characters: Gazarath, Eicca
4.Str/Magic hybrid: (choose either sage or demon culti)
Pros- you can tank the wizzies/psys/mystics/clerics/ ETC!!!. magic definse will be a high one, so will your mp points. plus, since you still have str, your attacks wont be so bad either.
Cons-basically no hp, very low phys defense, and you are just kinda odd...you can use patakas...o.O. surviving in pv will be a toughie...so you will need tons of skill!
-Stats- meet gear requirements and dump the rest into magic

Mage build for barbs is completely useless. I can see that you've heard that it is used to back up the magical defence for barbs but truth be told, the amount of mage def that barbs get from a single magic attribute point is so tiny that it's not worth doing. More effective way to tank mages is to use the right accessories and skills. Never add magic to barbs, ever.
Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:29 am by Aposeydon

Antihero

Pretty much this, full Str is usually the way to go for super tank, hard hitting killing machine. However I found out a trick last night that makes up for the lack of accuracy which is bloody fantastic. Ima not tell though :o

Then don't bring it up.

It does what it says on the tin. You can tank (physically) but thats about it. Any player serious about playing a barb should not do this. Sage barbs are for TW and trolling sins, but you lack any real 'Go'

I get a little tired of people sharing their "knowledge" on which Celestial status is better when they don't know what they're talking about. In the hands of a player who knows what he's doing, both Sage and Demon are viable. You might lack any real "Go", but people are out there playing Sage barbs and they're kicking ass.

Any claw, dual sword barb is classed as an APS or Dex barb not a hybrid. A Str/Dex Hybrid is a barb like me that uses around 200 dex then the rest of Str but does not use aps. This makes for consistent, high damage even to sins with super high evasion. This i think is the optimal build for a barb. There is no need however to dump any stats on Vit. I have 71k HP from gears and refines alone. If however you get robe of dominence and demonchild / Puzzle cube, your HP drops quite a bit.

I cant say ive ever heard of this build, tbh there are better ways to beat magic classes. putting stats into Mag increses your magic defence sure, but it also increases your magic attack which you cannot use. Also, you are sacrificing points that could go into Str and Vit. Sorry to say but I disagree with this build, barbs were never meant to have high elemental resistance and in trying to do so, you ruin the rest of the stats. Just because barbs dont have good elemental resistance doesnt mean there are not proficient mage killers.

Good guide Panda, though if I am completely honest Deno did one recently which was a lot more in depth.

Allow me to correct you once again. Adding points into the Magic stat adds negligible, if any, magic defense. One only needs to read the description of the stats to know this. For those unfamiliar with the purpose of each stat:

• Vit: Vitality. Increases your HP and MP recovery rate, Physical, and Magic defense.
  • Mag: Magic. Increases your MP and MP regen rate, and magic attack.
  • Str: Strength. Increases your physical melee damage (except Daggers) and physical defense.
  • Dex: Dexterity. Increases your ranged and Dagger physical attack, accuracy, evasion, physical and magical critical hit rates.

Furthermore, even if putting points in the Magic stat did provide magic defense, I don't understand why anyone playing a barb would ever want to do it. You'd just be cutting your damage by a large percentage and having nothing to show for it.

cause it's OP. barbs got debuffs and huge HP add those with an aps barb's strong critical hits going at 5 aps. it's strong.

Good luck without Fist/Claw Weapon Mastery, and have fun not being able to use your skills.
Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:10 am by Antihero

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Then don't bring it up.

Tololol

I get a little tired of people sharing their "knowledge" on which Celestial status is better when they don't know what they're talking about. In the hands of a player who knows what he's doing, both Sage and Demon are viable. You might lack any real "Go", but people are out there playing Sage barbs and they're kicking ass.

I have played a sage barb and I know exactly what I talk about sir. Go ahead and re read my post, then realise I was talking in the context of Vit Build Sage barb, not sage barb as a viable build because sage barbs can be good. However even you agree with me, they lack go because it's all about defence. Now go ahead and give yourself a round of applause.

Allow me to correct you once again. Adding points into the Magic stat adds negligible, if any, magic defense. One only needs to read the description of the stats to know this. For those unfamiliar with the purpose of each stat:

Furthermore, even if putting points in the Magic stat did provide magic defense, I don't understand why anyone playing a barb would ever want to do it. You'd just be cutting your damage by a large percentage and having nothing to show for it.

First off, you failed to correct me the first time around, fail. Secondly you agree with me that it does add magic defence then and contradict yourself in the same scentence by saying that magic doesn't add magic defence? Which is it sir? I already agree with you, its a pointless stat to add? Are you just mad because I wont share with you my secret? I only have one thing to say to you sir:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
listen to him he's good.

i myself however am trying to learn DPH and it's fun too. less QQ.

If people are looking for OP aps they should choose Sins, simply because thats the most organic character for that play style. I'm not saying people shouldn't build their characters this way, it's not for me to say and people can do what they want, however barbs can beat HA users without APS too, I think its just that people don't understand how to use them. Not sure how you get a barb 5aps though. Perhaps by using LA and using demon spark? Just seems to me its a long way around the same route

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
Why does everyone make it sound like APS barbs can't use axes and skills? -_- They can, thus its a viable build, they have debuffs and buffs that really suit aps, as well as skills that can save them while they're in trouble, why don't we just pretend barbs have a skill that reduces dmg and cancels GoF, disables skills and increases crit and attack speed, with no channeling, no cooldown, and can be turned off and on at the slightest click of a button. There, would everyone feel better then?
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?