Epic Perfect World

The Veno Pet Situation

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
As a veno that likes to utilize many pet types + skills for different situations, I find that in my pet bag there are two types of pets not functioning properly/missing :

1. Knock-back

Problem:

Currently the only pet with the skill Flying Lace Attack is the evolved Wind Walking Piggy now known as Lil Dolphy. It's primary use is to hinder flag digging and carrying, but can also be used to mess up key target positioning e.g can keep ep/myst away from their team, annoy enemy squad lead, hinder incoming melee cc etc. It's a pet it can go where the veno can't but unfortunately it's got issues.

The issue is that it can't do its roll properly and effectively.

It's speed is way too slow 8.6m speed on a pet is a joke, especially a pet with such a skill.

It's pet type is air, understandable as it needs to be able to fly for much better utility but ridiculous that such a pet just bugs like crazy as it tries to serve its purpose as it should on ground. The pet can't enter HB.....

Solution:

The same way a new pet was introduced with Valiant Protector's evolution skill Loyal Dog, give us a new pet with evolution skill Flying Lace Attack.

10.5m speed which is the current standard anyways.

Make it Ground + Air hybrid type pet

The new pet should balance itself out as its not in the combat saint group, the pig's inheritance stats are low making it squishy even when built properly with defensive skills this same concept can be kept as it automatically forces the veno to obtain pvp damage reduction moods and pdef, mdef, stun, leaving only one skill slot free. Better option than nerfing the skill, as was done to Loyal Dog ( force target ).

2. Sniper/Mini EA

Problem:

Currently the only real way of dealing ranged physical damage from pet is from learning the originally owned Empyrean Harpy skill; Bare Handed Cut.

The Battle Bot is a pet that was supposed to be released along with the Battle Corgi. However, its shunned at as its intrusive to the theme of the entire game. Only two of its skills spark interest : Upgrade ( att lvl 20 increase ) and Multiple Strikes ( constant ranged physical attack ). Not asking for the skill : Upgrade lol, I know that skill will be severely broken here stacking with claw but ^ can be a welcomed addition.

The issue is that Bare Handed Cut cd is 30 secs and at endgame sniping with old Ironwood Scarab is no longer practical so for viability venos learn primal version: Redstone Venomworm which is a 180% debuff not 0 so multi hit attempts become needed.

Solution:

Add the Battle Bot pet skill Multiple Strikes to the list of pet skills learnable from Mrs Zooligist npc.
https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Legendary_Pets#Battlebot

The skill's cd ( 1 sec ) can be nerfed for balancing, maybe match the cd to that of the skill Assassination ( 5 secs ) which is from the pet mood Timid a ranged physical attack which isn't available to most pets.
Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:35 pm by T J T

Offline lumen

• Forum Veteran
The first one is basically sb's myst's push but on pet (and single target), overpowered and not necessary
I know that this is unlikely to happen on epic but imagine that there are tws, it's so easy to push enemy catas under towers with this. Cc with pets is already strong enough
So if you want to abuse it use the pig lol

No for second one too, attack is definitely not something that epw pets are lacking : )
You said yourself that it will be broken with 0def, it will be broken with 180% too. I don't want another demon wf nerf after that
Same way as someone's pet hitting broken numbers with autoattack this pet will do from range, so meeles will die before even if getting close to the pet in hope of killing it?))

Tl;Dr I don't see a need in boosting pets, and these in my opinion are boosts
Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:06 am by 지난 여름

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
-         
You mean people still play for there to even be a situation?

Every time I’ve logged in to poke around everything is dead. 
Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde

Offline Fade

• Old Player
  • pic by furin
  • Characters: Stile Fade Faith
You mean people still play for there to even be a situation?

Every time I’ve logged in to poke around everything is dead.
well if you log once every 6 months it might be the case as it has its more dead and alive periods.
but it's nice that you're still poking around here saying same thing every single time   ;)

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
The first one is basically sb's myst's push but on pet (and single target), overpowered and not necessary
I know that this is unlikely to happen on epic but imagine that there are tws, it's so easy to push enemy catas under towers with this. Cc with pets is already strong enough
So if you want to abuse it use the pig lol

No for second one too, attack is definitely not something that epw pets are lacking : )
You said yourself that it will be broken with 0def, it will be broken with 180% too. I don't want another demon wf nerf after that
Same way as someone's pet hitting broken numbers with autoattack this pet will do from range, so meeles will die before even if getting close to the pet in hope of killing it?))

Tl;Dr I don't see a need in boosting pets, and these in my opinion are boosts
The pig bugs half of the time and lets not act like it doesn't require the veno to be positioned the right way before pet can even knock back in the right direction, such a skill is a complete waste on a purely air pet.

No, I said making the att lvl 20 increase buff available to all pets will be broken, was just a thought. Ice stick which is very spammable is more of a threat to melee than if a nerfed cd ranged physical attack was to become available for pets. I've already mentioned ways it can be balanced if there is a need to do so.

Yes, these are boosts ofcourse, but I think it'll be a shame to leave them as is when there's potential of something better and goes in line with custom theme on server.

There's an expansion soon to hit official that have boosted pets in a such a way that it makes pets on this server look tame even with current customs lol.

Offline ???????

• Bald 58 years old Man
  • Afk for idk how long
  • Characters: EPWSmelliest
  • Faction: Im an Elitist
Not adding anything to the topic but could we have cute little anime girls as ornamental pets? Ty. (Im talking abt actual hentai anime not trash naruto shit mounts/forms)
Ive taken my pills and my goth gf didnt dissapear, send help.