Epic Perfect World

EPW rude Love/Freakshow

Offline Orpheliiia

• ♥♥♥ GotMilk ♥♥♥
  • Characters: Orpheliiia
  • Faction: GotMilk
I have a question in mind now for some weeks, which i wanted to ask you guys now and i hope there is no other thread existing about it, but:

Why do people have to use a game to find a girl-/boyfriend? I really do unterstand that there are people who have tough jobs, not much time and so on, and i agree that it might could be possible to find someone who you really like in a game like this, but i am guessing that this wont happen by trying to force somebody, with rude, inappropriate and disparaging phrases you pm him/her.

I really dont wan't to insult somebody with starting this topic, but i really want to know, why there is so much crap like this here?

I am pretty sure ppl will comment now "just blacklist them, ignore them, do screenshots and sent them to the gm's" or sth like that ... but this is not the point, i just want know why it has to be in a way like this.

If they would be like "oh your char looks nice, can i maybe marry you?" and  i could say "oh no sry, but thx" then it'll be okay and no big deal .. but true story, one time i said no and a guy pmed me for like 10 min "ugly bitch", then i blacklisted him.

I just want to know if that happens to you to on regulary bases and if you feel harrased by it aswell...
Maybe i am just hypersensitive but it actually annoys me.

Thank You Sideris for the Signature - you are the best!

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Lol im sorry this made me laugh, But yes it has happened to me before. I'm male but my characters are female because I think female stances (skill movements) look better then males, And I've told no to people and they just insisted  on asking over and over.. Really if they pm'ed you "ugly bitch" that is a form of harassment and they could get in trouble for that, Some people just want to marry other chars cause they want someone close to talk to. Really I marry my best friends in game  or I make a alt and marry that char so no one would bug me, and the ones that desperately search.. I have no real comment for it  :-\ Also getting married does give access to certain items near the matchmaker npc.
Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:08 pm by ~Rin~
Ill tell you. Marriage is the unique option that perfect world have, and its for fun. Theres a lot of true virtual relantionships same as fake one for sure. And its normal thing when someone is asking "will u marry me" LOL. But i never marry random guys being honest :3 What else you wanna know?

LaceyPip

If they would be like "oh your char looks nice, can i maybe marry you?" and  i could say "oh no sry, but thx" then it'll be okay and no big deal .. but true story, one time i said no and a guy pmed me for like 10 min "ugly bitch", then i blacklisted him.

Some people hate rejection, fear rejection with a passion  -  therefor the negative feedback to you.  Also, this is the internet, do not take insults seriously, honestly, if its not life threatening or directly impacts your private life, shrug it off and carry on <3

Its been a known fact that internet dating happens not just on dating sites but in games too, people from all walks of life come to an online game for various reasons, two major reasons :  loneliness and escape from reality.

loneliness in the form of a girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband that feels neglected and the minute they come across someone who feeds that void in their life, the latch onto it and things starts to happen ...call it online love/infatuation/lust/need.   Escape from reality - I am a very good example of escape from reality .....My life at home consist of caring for an invalid, its tough, weighs heavy on the emotions ...and when I log onto the forum or ingame, I escape it all for those few minutes or an hour where I can run free, kill stuff, laugh and talk and be silly.

So to answer your question ...why there is so much crap like this here?

BECAUSE humans occupy this server and its part of our human traits ....quoting you
"just blacklist them, ignore them, do screenshots and sent them to the gm's" or sth like that ..... this is pretty much the only thing you can do in an online game ....unless, like I mentioned before, it becomes extremely personal and puts your life in danger or become an irritation , so much that it interferes with the way you go about your daily life - in that case, you have the option to quit the game.

Good luck dear, do not stress too much about things like this on a game, you ultimately have the choice, to blacklist, ignore ....

All the best

Lacey

Offline Orpheliiia

• ♥♥♥ GotMilk ♥♥♥

Some people hate rejection, fear rejection with a passion  -  therefor the negative feedback to you.  Also, this is the internet, do not take insults seriously, honestly, if its not life threatening or directly impacts your private life, shrug it off and carry on <3

Its been a known fact that internet dating happens not just on dating sites but in games too, people from all walks of life come to an online game for various reasons, two major reasons :  loneliness and escape from reality.

loneliness in the form of a girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband that feels neglected and the minute they come across someone who feeds that void in their life, the latch onto it and things starts to happen ...call it online love/infatuation/lust/need.   Escape from reality - I am a very good example of escape from reality .....My life at home consist of caring for an invalid, its tough, weighs heavy on the emotions ...and when I log onto the forum or ingame, I escape it all for those few minutes or an hour where I can run free, kill stuff, laugh and talk and be silly.

So to answer your question ...why there is so much crap like this here?

BECAUSE humans occupy this server and its part of our human traits ....quoting you
"just blacklist them, ignore them, do screenshots and sent them to the gm's" or sth like that ..... this is pretty much the only thing you can do in an online game ....unless, like I mentioned before, it becomes extremely personal and puts your life in danger or become an irritation , so much that it interferes with the way you go about your daily life - in that case, you have the option to quit the game.

Good luck dear, do not stress too much about things like this on a game, you ultimately have the choice, to blacklist, ignore ....

All the best

Lacey

Yeah i think i didn't made clear what i meant :x ... language issues, i guess.
I think your 100% right with your point why people use games/internet in generell but i dont get why they think they maybe find someone by getting rude - thats the point, i would never ever give somebody a chance who called me bitch, you know what i mean?

Oh i really hope i didn't insult u with this - that is really not what i was aiming for! And if i did, i am really sorry - infact I believe the most people are here becuz they are lonely in some way, including me aswell - but there are differences in the ways some people act/interact with others.

It just makes no sense to me to be rude and espect to get "love or sth. like that"...

I never annoyed a gm becuz of stuff like that, becuz i can handle stuff like that but i am pretty sure that there are people who maybe have personal problems and can't handle such stuff that easy - so i guess i was just trying to say my opinion about it and maybe some people read it and think about the way they behave in such situations.

LaceyPip

Thank you for your reply , and do not worry, I do not get offended easily, I try and understand the things you say from your point of view first and foremost....and yes I 100% agree with you, people do not have to be rude, I detest unkindness, rudeness and bad behavior of any kind.  More and more kids (and I refer to a very valid observation made by EvilTouch) are being brought up without correct parental supervision which leads to kids having no manners , no social skills etc.

It carries over into their young adult life, and also being locked in a dark room alone , with your computer, which gives you the anonymity status ....you feel powerful, no one see you or make eye contact while you in the game, so you going to stroke your ego by being rude, vulgar, obnoxious ...etc.  (also remembered from what one of our EPW members said)

And definitely ...personal issues, problems, confrontations at home....it most definitely impacts on how the game is played on that particular day.

Its very difficult to give a 100% secure and trusted solution, because its such a broad issue with loads of implications. 
Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:35 pm by LaceyPip

Offline Orpheliiia

• ♥♥♥ GotMilk ♥♥♥
Thank you for your reply , and do not worry, I do not get offended easily, I try and understand the things you say from your point of view first and foremost....and yes I 100% agree with you, people do not have to be rude, I detest unkindness, rudeness and bad behavior of any kind.  More and more kids (and I refer to a very valid observation made by EvilTouch) are being brought up without correct parental supervision which leads to kids having no manners , no social skills etc.

It carries over into their young adult life, and also being locked in a dark room alone , with your computer, which gives you the anonymity status ....you feel powerful, no one see you or make eye contact while you in the game, so you going to stroke your ego by being rude, vulgar, obnoxious ...etc.  (also remembered from what one of our EPW members said)

And definitely ...personal issues, problems, confrontations at home....it most definitely impacts on how the game is played on that particular day.

Its very difficult to give a 100% secure and trusted solution, because its such a broad issue with loads of implications. 

Thank you really much ... i think you are absolutly right, eventhough it is kinda sad that our world is like this :/

Offline ₸ḯɱᶆƴ₲

• Bondage Director
  • Sleep with itchy butt, wake up with smelly fingers
I've had this happen to me a couple times while playing a female toon. I just tell them that I'm a guy. One actually got offended and asked if I was gay, I tell them no and that they might be gay since they insist on marrying me. Guess what, no more PMs  :P
☻ 150 Assassin ~ __Sinner__     ☺ 150 Seeker ~ Agonist     ☻ 150 Archer ~ TimmyG     ☻ 148 Barb ~ I_Hump_Legs

☻ 148 BM ~ Kenpachisama     ☺ 149 Psy ~ TheMessiah     ☺ 149 Wiz ~ MrsBlack

rainlu

I've had this happen to me a couple times while playing a female toon. I just tell them that I'm a guy. One actually got offended and asked if I was gay, I tell them no and that they might be gay since they insist on marrying me. Guess what, no more PMs  :P

lol, all my chars are female ,and that didn't happen to me and i play for like 6 months xD

and i really don't get insulting, especially if there is no point (i can understand it slightly when it's qq after a fight but just an personal insult to make u feel low ? WHY THE ****
i would punch those folks in the nose.
First of all who is the one that can force someone to love him ? god ?

Offline cssarandi

• Beginner
Hello there!  :smiley:Remember this is only a game. Don't get too much attached to this game because its addictive. I've experienced that before...bullying etc is part of this game...the ones bullying or talking shit about anyone in game are the ones being bully'ed in real life.. That is their way of getting even and letting out of their emotions.. they have a bigger problem in reality.... that's all. Have Fun! and be safe always!  ;)

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
I have a question in mind now for some weeks, which i wanted to ask you guys now and i hope there is no other thread existing about it, but:

Why do people have to use a game to find a girl-/boyfriend? I really do unterstand that there are people who have tough jobs, not much time and so on, and i agree that it might could be possible to find someone who you really like in a game like this, but i am guessing that this wont happen by trying to force somebody, with rude, inappropriate and disparaging phrases you pm him/her.

I really dont wan't to insult somebody with starting this topic, but i really want to know, why there is so much crap like this here?

I am pretty sure ppl will comment now "just blacklist them, ignore them, do screenshots and sent them to the gm's" or sth like that ... but this is not the point, i just want know why it has to be in a way like this.

I just want to know if that happens to you to on regulary bases and if you feel harrased by it aswell...
Maybe i am just hypersensitive but it actually annoys me.

desperation is wut it is, sad but true :/  or they just been rejected so many times that when they do get rejected it makes them feel better about themselves by insulting the one rejecting them @_@ dunno it just all seems pathetic in my opinion at least that type of behavior does. thou dont get me wrong i do approve of ingame/net relationships becuz you never know sumtimes those relationships go outside of the game and stick for life :)

Offline bubysaur

• aim so cute in sandness aim so veri stronger man
i made female toon just to make fools out of people trying to do similar things...
trust me its really fun :)
and if someone start insuling u just ask them were they touched at wrong places as a children or were they beaten in the school so they would wet their pants, they will surely shut up, its 100% effective metod....
beauty is in the eye of beerholder