Epic Perfect World

Updates and status of server

Offline Mugwump

• United States of Etivac
  • Characters: Mugwump / ChivasRegal
  • Faction: CardinaLs/Scoundrel
Too bad server was nearly dead before this patch was released. Update has caused influx of players.  And there's still a room for donating, farming and working on a gear, but you have no idea about it, because you don't know how the free gear system was designed. Probably did not even log-in since months.
You still the best Developer sir. 

Offline Bizzaro

• Old Player
  • Napalm Records
When the server went free gears it actually signed its death certificate. Ultimately in terms of finances there’s no continuous income anymore on this server since I’m guessing a majority of the servers money came from R8 related items.

Every other server has died a quick death, EPW has always been there, surviving because it didn’t play into cheap ploys to drag players in like free endgame gear and all that jazz. Now that EPW is no different than any other server I can’t really see how it won’t suffer the same fate. Any new players will have 0 sense of progression and have no commitment to the server, and those who did play throughout the years won’t have the same attachment as they once did.

I just don’t see a good outcome to all this. You are all so concerned about updates and PVP but at the end of the day, unless this server has a decent amount of $$$ pumping into it I can’t really see a reason why the dev would even bother with it. Now that the only continuous revenue stream is gone I wouldn’t be surprised if this servers lifetime is limited.

How many of you nerds actually dumped money into that “other” server (which is dead now lul)? Do you really think that the business model these servers run on is sustainable like EPW’s was? Yeah.. I thought so.

no it didn't, its actually after that we got good pks, there is nothing wrong it giving new players abit of boost start so they can compete and enjoy the game.imagine new player comes sees not much happening, you think for example he will donate to make an archer with x3 ct on all parts just to be able to compete with an old player? cmon not gonna happen, so it was a good call at that time. there are alot of ways to generate income for the server doesn't always have to be gear and armour, it could be custom armour/wings, fashion, getting your genie to have custom looks/skins just like weapons custom weapons will be very interesting to add. he has the best designers in the game, he should be able to do all that easy.

but the funny thing is you mention there is no income this and that, what needs to be focused the most is what you are offering to the people and how you maintain it. if this horrible maintenance keeps on proceeding no one will donate, simple when agatio used to run server this point never came to attention, cz everything was systematic and it flows well, he focus on the product(FIRST), maintain and deliver patches when needed. major patches such as halloween and christmass was never missed or ignored.  we always had x2 on regular basis to farm in ns and other arena, i dunt even remember when the last time we had x2 these days. 

.l.

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants
Too bad server was nearly dead before this patch was released. Update has caused influx of players.  And there's still a room for donating, farming and working on a gear, but you have no idea about it, because you don't know how the free gear system was designed. Probably did not even log-in since months.
Tell'em 

Offline Rindo

• CardinaLs Sniper 🏹
  • Born to be wild
  • Characters: ♐ Rindo ♐
  • Faction: CardinaLs
Love this guy.

Offline ZDiabloZ

• Old Player
All i see is people complaining or bitching or crying 2k19

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Too bad server was nearly dead before this patch was released. Update has caused influx of players. And there's still a room for donating, farming and working on a gear, but you have no idea about it, because you don't know how the free gear system was designed. Probably did not even log-in since months.
Absent management has been most prominent issue with this server. Every time I log onto the forums it's consistent complaining, clearly things aren't as perfect as you'd like to make them seem. Then again, they never have been.
Last Edit: Oct 30, 2019, 03:53 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Matty

• Old Player
  • Characters: Matt
Absent management has been most prominent issue with this server. Every time I log onto the forums it's consistent complaining, clearly things aren't as perfect as you'd like to make them seem. Then again, they never have been.
You know what else is absent? You in this game. You still talk like your opinion matters on here. Why bother logging forum when you don't even play the game itself? Let it go bro, seriously. No one likes you around here, nothing has changed. So please do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself. This type of post was made for players that still play the game

Offline Fade

• Old Player
  • pic by furin
  • Characters: Stile Fade Faith
Ok, but now you're talking about totally different thing which is very apparent inactivity and lack of communication from the server owner and I think it's something everyone can agree with, but not with your earlier post.

Offline PepeHands

• Old Player
  • Characters: ascii
  • Faction: ebin
When the server went free gears it actually signed its death certificate. Ultimately in terms of finances there’s no continuous income anymore on this server since I’m guessing a majority of the servers money came from R8 related items.

Every other server has died a quick death, EPW has always been there, surviving because it didn’t play into cheap ploys to drag players in like free endgame gear and all that jazz. Now that EPW is no different than any other server I can’t really see how it won’t suffer the same fate. Any new players will have 0 sense of progression and have no commitment to the server, and those who did play throughout the years won’t have the same attachment as they once did.

I just don’t see a good outcome to all this. You are all so concerned about updates and PVP but at the end of the day, unless this server has a decent amount of $$$ pumping into it I can’t really see a reason why the dev would even bother with it. Now that the only continuous revenue stream is gone I wouldn’t be surprised if this servers lifetime is limited.

How many of you nerds actually dumped money into that “other” server (which is dead now lul)? Do you really think that the business model these servers run on is sustainable like EPW’s was? Yeah.. I thought so.

Also in terms of helpdesk that someone brought up, GM’s used to be paid on here, but I’m pretty sure that nowadays that ain’t the case. If someone is doing volunteer work do you really think they’re going to take it as seriously as a job? No offense to any GM’s. I’m sure there’s a few that do try.
It's still not as easy as on other servers if that helps

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie

Also in terms of helpdesk that someone brought up, GM’s used to be paid on here, but I’m pretty sure that nowadays that ain’t the case. If someone is doing volunteer work do you really think they’re going to take it as seriously as a job? No offense to any GM’s. I’m sure there’s a few that do try.
for once, I have to agree word-for-word with what you're saying.
:)

Offline 私はあなたがとても

• Want drink🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤
  • Mental peace is important [♥] Date Registered in EPW Server :Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am
  • Characters: M
  • Faction: Maritim or idk
Date Registered in Epic Perfect World Server : Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am

Offline 私はあなたがとても

• Want drink🖤💙💚💛💜🧡🖤
  • Mental peace is important [♥] Date Registered in EPW Server :Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am
  • Characters: M
  • Faction: Maritim or idk
Burdette online now in 1-2hour. Today patch?
Date Registered in Epic Perfect World Server : Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 am

Offline Cashews

Personally, I think we should widen the gap for the free gears a bit. Since they effectively act as 'near-endgame' for some people, skill can easily make up for the difference. Nerf the free gear, and let some sense back into PVE. 

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator

Self-proclaimed server finance and progression expert giving his opinion with 0 knowledge of what's actually happening? Go away

I'm not gonna bother with more excuses about my activity. If I can reply to players then I will, if I can make update then I will.
Just know there are legitimate reasons for my inactivity and I'm constantly working on becoming more active. One day you might suddenly see me online every day and updates every week as promised before, hopefully that will be soon, though it hasn't gotten much better for past 1-2 years..

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Self-proclaimed server finance and progression expert giving his opinion with 0 knowledge of what's actually happening? Go away

I'm not gonna bother with more excuses about my activity. If I can reply to players then I will, if I can make update then I will.
Just know there are legitimate reasons for my inactivity and I'm constantly working on becoming more active. One day you might suddenly see me online every day and updates every week as promised before, hopefully that will be soon, though it hasn't gotten much better for past 1-2 years..
you are in arkham asylum and you can only reply during library times thats why you have been inactive