Epic Perfect World

Why??

LaceyPip

I couldn't agree more with her! but it's true can't really fix people, you can pass out mutes to ever moron in worldchat till it's completely deserted.. But that doesn't do much good.

I honestly do not envy any of our GM's......they have to keep order, but also have to guard against killing fun on world chat ...and to baby sit someone else's children that's gone wild on the internet, is NO joke.  I take my hat off for Agatio and his crew.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Jup, the only thing that can really be done about this is to just treat others the way you'd like to see them treat you. Sounds cliché but it's true.

Spending a few minutes to explain something or help someone really isn't all that hard, you can't force others to do it but you can set the example. Just playing with similarly minded people makes the game a lot more enjoyable too. 
A faction having kind & helpfull people is probably the most important thing I look for in factions and Ducks never disappoints in that aspect. I find there are many, many helpfull people on EPW, but asking questions in worldchat may get missed anyway because reading worldchat is just tiresome. So much insulting, capslock and other general bullshit that many don't even bother looking at it. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again, GM's please just stop warning that small, extremely loud, group of constantly trashtalking people. They get warned every single day, multiple times a day usually, just perma-mute them.

Offline Ish

And why should anyone spoon feed every idiot that asks stupid questions or help with moronic useless PVE crap?
You can solo almost everything with ease and since this crappy game is old as shit, there's hundreds of guides, he/she/it can search it instead of being lazy and asking every dumbass question in WC
WC is purely for TRASHTALK, keep you're cries for help to yourself and your friends if you have any.
Thank you, have a nice day :)

There's a difference between enforcing rules and enjoying it.
Enjoying so much in punishing people that you even compare it to Christmas is just sad.
Would be better if you changed the rules.
TRASHTALK is fun, everything else in WC is booooooooooring.

Well said.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
Ima be honest, I didn't bother reading comments. Most people know I have no problem answering questions. Most people think people who ask questions are "stupid noobs" and just sit back and laugh at them instead of answering them. I'm not gonna lie, I've done it too. But I agree if someone asks for help some people could stop being dickheads and help each other. HOWEVER some people like things handed to them on a silver ******* platter. So while I agree with this post, some people also need to learn some damn independence, or at least ATTEMPT to do things themselves at first. I say both sides are at fault when it comes to things like this. In all honestly I don't mind answering questions even though mine follow with "I'm not 100% sure" because I'm never to confident in my answers  :rolleyes:. However the trash talk and stuff is gonna happen. Even some of the people that trash talk are helpful lol. Let's just all give each other hugs and get back to pk'ing >:D
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

vlntbty

Agreed. I always help people whenever I can.

Hot damn, the whole server needs to see this.
Its not really worth putting up "Join our great community" (thats the line right?) if everyones being a dick to one another :L

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
What you need to, and probably already do, understand Lacey is that people will be people. Primarily this is a computer game aimed at a younger audience. It's essentially a childs game and as such is filled with childish people and that's not an offence to anyone. You don't see 15 year olds opening doors for the elderly and helping a disabled man up the stairs with his shopping, for the sole reason that they are 15 year old. Sure you get the odd one or two people that do help, and it's great to see. But my point is; You can declare world peace accross the server if you wish, you can paint Archosaur pink and fill it with bunnys but It wont change a thing. The world is full ignorance and selfishness. However it's also full of people who want to go about their own business and those people should not be blamed because they don't want to help others. Theres nothing wrong with playing the game for yourself sometimes, sure it would benefit everyone but we are not machines and as such, will never run in perfect sync that way.

This is very true ...and please do not misunderstand the method in my madness ......my post should not be yanked out of context, I merely expressed my feelings about people who get ignored.  Nor have I aimed at blaming anyone ....it was a simple, rational question....Why ignore someone ....if it takes you not even 5 minutes to help another. The world is truly full of ignorance and selfishness but if I can make a difference, I sure as heck gonna try my best. And that is how I raised my kids too ...Kindness never killed anyone, nor has it disabled anyone.  I guess then it  must be the minute part of the population who still believes in good old fashion values

Your logic is sound it was a perfectly reasonable and logical question to ask. My point was that the majority of your audience is neither logical nor reasonable. Again that's not meant to offend anyone and I've not become a skeptic, believe me. I'm sure you have seen it enough to understand. Barbie wishes you luck in getting through to the majority of epw, I would help you with a bake sale if we could. Lacey and Barbie would bake cupcakes for everyone in epw and spread the message about sharing and caring :3 but we are smart enough to know that most people would only turn up for our cupcakes D:

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Your logic is sound it was a perfectly reasonable and logical question to ask. My point was that the majority of your audience is neither logical nor reasonable. Again that's not meant to offend anyone and I've not become a skeptic, believe me. I'm sure you have seen it enough to understand. Barbie wishes you luck in getting through to the majority of epw, I would help you with a bake sale if we could. Lacey and Barbie would bake cupcakes for everyone in epw and spread the message about sharing and caring :3 but we are smart enough to know that most people would only turn up for our cupcakes D:
:monkey-47: :monkey-1: :monkey-26:
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Dewy

I agree with Lacey. What is the problem with giving a normal answer when people ask for something? If they cannot find a forge, do not find the stuff they are used to in PWI in the boutique, do not know what to do next in culti or need help running their FB's...no big deal and I help out.

I don't do hand-outs, too many kids out there who think they are entitled to stuff that I worked hard for to get. But some common courtesy, kindness, helpfulness won't harm anyone.

It really amazes me to see people say they are bored and ignore questions, whether it is simply some information or actual help getting something done, but well, maybe that's just me.

LaceyPip

I love

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
If everyone helped each other and the drama were to get reduced, you would have a server with no hostility and people would get bored quickly enough to leave and never look back. I, honestly, don't find any satisfaction in helping people or being kind and would at any time pick pk, be it 1v20 or 20v1, over running some instance trying to kill virtual creatures with poorly implemented AI with a person I don't even know. Then, of course, I could answer a simple question, but I had some bad experience earlier where trying to be polite would end up having to use blacklist due to begging which would follow after I answered a question.
Banning or muting overly competitive people on world chat would do no good to the server as they would simply quit followed up by their mates doing the same. Then, as mentioned earlier, you would have a server of no hostility. Of course, drama could be reduced by increasing the cost of teleacoustics, but then farmers would be dissatisfied because trying to sell something would cost more than the actual profit.

Anyway, suck it up and respect different people instead of judging. If you had your way, server would be closed very soon as I'm pretty sure those 'idiots' that talk shit on world chat are those who helped this server the most by donating a lot of money and are a reason you got a stable server to play on.

Have a nice day.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

LaceyPip

If everyone helped each other and the drama were to get reduced, you would have a server with no hostility and people would get bored quickly enough to leave and never look back. I, honestly, don't find any satisfaction in helping people or being kind and would at any time pick pk, be it 1v20 or 20v1, over running some instance trying to kill virtual creatures with poorly implemented AI with a person I don't even know. Then, of course, I could answer a simple question, but I had some bad experience earlier where trying to be polite would end up having to use blacklist due to begging which would follow after I answered a question.
Banning or muting overly competitive people on world chat would do no good to the server as they would simply quit followed up by their mates doing the same. Then, as mentioned earlier, you would have a server of no hostility. Of course, drama could be reduced by increasing the cost of teleacoustics, but then farmers would be dissatisfied because trying to sell something would cost more than the actual profit.

Anyway, suck it up and respect different people instead of judging. If you had your way, server would be closed very soon as I'm pretty sure those 'idiots' that talk shit on world chat are those who helped this server the most by donating a lot of money and are a reason you got a stable server to play on.

Have a nice day.

No one was judging anyone

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits

No one was judging anyone
You weren't, the other posters were.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Consist

• Old Player
I do not usually moan as this is a game and you take the good with the bad and understand that there are wookies and good guys - BUT

For a long time now, I see requests in World Chat for help, for instance.....please can someone tell me where Moonshade Desert is.  At that moment I was in BH, so when I was done, I pm'd the person who asked for help and asked if they got help.

That was 15 minutes later and no help was offered to this poor person .........YET, we can racial slur each other, talk dirty, cuss, fight and be total freaking morons in World Chat but its too much to offer help to another person.

This is an awesome server, and as I said before, I have never enjoyed Perfect World like I enjoy it now.  If we are not going to be prepared to offer help to new comers or anyone who pleads for help, how do you think we can keep up the good image of this server?  It makes me MAD, MAD, MAD that there are so many 150's online, talking SHYT in World Chat but cannot even offer a lending hand to someone in need.

And before you start saying yeah grandma, sure grandma .....its not ROCKET science to help each other!!!

Lets keep this server going, with helping each other and stop talking crap in World Chat....having fun in World Chat is one thing, but being a total ass and moron is another thing.

Lacey

[/url]

Lacey4GM/SupportMember.

Offline St/\Rfish

So kind, plz now tell me how can i get into new instance to farm EC  ;D ;D

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
when i first came, i had a hard time finding information on certain aspects of the game, like where to get this item and so forth. Once I had world chatted about how much to buy warsoul sumthin (the shit needed for guild base.) i had a rush of pm's telling me a price and where to meet them up, but i kinda waiting to see if anyone offered a lower price but then i had sumone pm me saying i can buy from an npc. it was nice to know that so many players were ready and willing to scam newer ignorant players right off the bat like that. I had quickly blacklisted the ones that pm me offering to sell to me and thanked the one person that messaged me that i can buy from an npc. 

Now a days anytime i see someone worldchatting similar situations on how much a certain item is, id be sure to pm them informing them they can be bought from npcs to prevent new players being scammed.