Epic Perfect World

Unable to sell Gold.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Hi there GMs.
It is lately quite impossible to sell Gold for Ec.What about implementing an  Npc that would exchange the above mentioned currencys? This problem needs to be solved in order to  keep providing for the server. 1 gold for 25 ec ratio seems fair, anything below that is a waste of real money. Thank you.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
People always sell gold in WC, obviuosly they dont sell the gold itself they sell the items from the boutique. This is always the way to get in game items in rotation which are difficult to obtain. Now what would happen if you could just bypass the consumer directly and get ec for gold? You would just ignore the consumer right? I mean, you get your EC so whats the harm?

The harm is that it would raise the cost of all items making EC overpriced because nobody would be selling things, just trading it for EC. Scroll of tomes would become overpriced, demonic tokens would be over priced along with all the other little things you get from the boutique. Although I like the idea for ease it will shake the economy too hard and god knows what effect that will bring.

*EDIT: Also this is a good way to buy yourself through the game, which people have suggested time and time again and it's always been denied. GM's claim this is a farming server, you people will stop at nothing to find ways around it lol. Don't get me wrong though, I would totally abuse this if it was ever in place, but the idea is a lot more transparent than you think
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:12 pm by Barbie

Offline firestorm01

why do the cash players always want easier when they buy their way to the top and gouge the non cash players at the same time ..you people are just born to be thieves  >:D  >:( leave the ec's the way they are some people do it the hard way and farm for their stuff  :P  :P

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Well sense gold was raised from voting people try to sell for less then 25 ec. Anything under 20 is ridiculous. There are still allot of people who buy for 25 ec each you just gotta keep trying,

Also it would be cool if gm's could make the old auction gold trading system trade for ec instead of Coin? Or maybe implement both at the same time? idk if that's possible but its a suggestion..
  :-[

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
I am actually a farmer type, i like to farm my own stuff, and not get it from donation gold. I also for example like to make  faction events with some nice rewards. I can not farm everything, the stuff for myself and the stuff for others. The whole donating is all about providing for the service of the server. If I am supposed to provide for the server and spend my real money that I have worked for and not stole from anyone:)...I would like to be able to exchange the Gold for the useful currency in the game. Most people will just stop donating if it keeps going like this, I personally would not mind that, but the GMs probably would.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

Also it would be cool if gm's could make the old auction gold trading system trade for ec instead of Coin? Or maybe implement both at the same time? idk if that's possible but its a suggestion.. [/color]  :-[

This idea is better, because EC is still coming from the players meaning there isnt an endless supply of currency. Also the market will be variable, meaning players control the market by setting what they wish to pay for EC. Much like in PWI.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Hi there GMs.
It is lately quite impossible to sell Gold for Ec.What about implementing an  Npc that would exchange the above mentioned currencys? This problem needs to be solved in order to  keep providing for the server. 1 gold for 25 ec ratio seems fair, anything below that is a waste of real money. Thank you.
:-X So your saying that you need a npc to exchange them just because your one of the people spending real money on this, and that you need the npc to exchange it and have an indefinite supply of the goods (ec and or gold).
;_;
Cash players always rise to the top fastest, and epw is pretty balanced imo (especially compared to PWI where you spend thousands if you want to be better than most others).

But do you really need this implemented? :/  :-X you could honestly just use world chat and say 'im selling # gold, 25 ec each, pm please" or the like.
If your a cash player, tele's really arn't that expensive for you-and buyers aren't that rare.  :-X
(:

vlntbty

:-X So your saying that you need a npc to exchange them just because your one of the people spending real money on this, and that you need the npc to exchange it and have an indefinite supply of the goods (ec and or gold).
;_;
Cash players always rise to the top fastest, and epw is pretty balanced imo (especially compared to PWI where you spend thousands if you want to be better than most others).

But do you really need this implemented? :/  :-X you could honestly just use world chat and say 'im selling # gold, 25 ec each, pm please" or the like.
If your a cash player, tele's really arn't that expensive for you-and buyers aren't that rare.  :-X

Agreed. Or you know, you could just set up a catshop....

Offline bluntpuffer

I agree with this suggestion.
SinitusTempo
Thallus
TreeMan
BlazingFury
psycosis
bluntpuffer
MystiqForce

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
People always sell gold in WC, obviuosly they dont sell the gold itself they sell the items from the boutique. This is always the way to get in game items in rotation which are difficult to obtain. Now what would happen if you could just bypass the consumer directly and get ec for gold? You would just ignore the consumer right? I mean, you get your EC so whats the harm?

The harm is that it would raise the cost of all items making EC overpriced because nobody would be selling things, just trading it for EC. Scroll of tomes would become overpriced, demonic tokens would be over priced along with all the other little things you get from the boutique. Although I like the idea for ease it will shake the economy too hard and god knows what effect that will bring.

*EDIT: Also this is a good way to buy yourself through the game, which people have suggested time and time again and it's always been denied. GM's claim this is a farming server, you people will stop at nothing to find ways around it lol. Don't get me wrong though, I would totally abuse this if it was ever in place, but the idea is a lot more transparent than you think

No offense, but while I agree with your comment and later ones too, they have just recently been bunked I think. If we look at that SS with someone with 80k EC, which Agatio himself said was received from donating, then the 'EC not in boutique because we don't want people to buy themselves through the game, will make things overpriced too' argument no longer applies. You just need to go even more directly, straight from donate to EC, instead of donate to gold to ec, instead of donate to gold to item to ec. From a mostly F2P server (which it was at the start), its honestly getting more P2W.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
I laff.

Go sell gold for 20 ec each. Greedy bastard.

And server becoming P2W? wtf. If I was really bored I could get a character with amazing r8 stats in a week or 2 without donating.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
No offense, but while I agree with your comment and later ones too, they have just recently been bunked I think.

I don't know what you mean by bunked?

If we look at that SS with someone with 80k EC, which Agatio himself said was received from donating

You can't get EC directly by voting, Agatio is telling you lies :o

Then the 'EC not in boutique because we don't want people to buy themselves through the game, will make things overpriced too' argument no longer applies.

If you have the option to sell Gold at 25 EC as a MINIMUM at an NPC but someone who is unable to donate is desperate for Gold what do you think they will do? That's is right they will offer you more and you bett your ass you will take it. How is this not raising the cost of EC? That argument is bulletprroof my friend i've seen it in many games. 25 EC at an NPC will be the lowest price you ever get but people will always be willing to pay more and you will start to expect more.

You just need to go even more directly, straight from donate to EC, instead of donate to gold to ec, instead of donate to gold to item to ec.

Maybe I read this part wrong but you want to donate straight to EC? You said you agreed with me? I never once said this was a good idea, in fact quite the opposite. I said it will allow people to buy them selves through the game.

From a mostly F2P server (which it was at the start), its honestly getting more P2W.

It will become a P2W server if people like you are in charge.

Have a good day sir :D

LaceyPip

I don't know what you mean by bunked?

You can't get EC directly by voting, Agatio is telling you lies :o

If you have the option to sell Gold at 25 EC as a MINIMUM at an NPC but someone who is unable to donate is desperate for Gold what do you think they will do? That's is right they will offer you more and you bett your ass you will take it. How is this not raising the cost of EC? That argument is bulletprroof my friend i've seen it in many games. 25 EC at an NPC will be the lowest price you ever get but people will always be willing to pay more and you will start to expect more.

Maybe I read this part wrong but you want to donate straight to EC? You said you agreed with me? I never once said this was a good idea, in fact quite the opposite. I said it will allow people to buy them selves through the game.

It will become a P2W server if people like you are in charge.

Have a good day sir :D

Freaking HECK, you were not joking when you said you going to Pro another thread

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

Freaking HECK, you were not joking when you said you going to Pro another thread

O.O go away stalker
Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:56 am by Barbie