Epic Perfect World

Events not fair

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Trivia Events should have their own "CHAT ROOM" least there everyone can see who got the right answer first (though the limit might be a problematic).

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I much prefer the random chance. Ping affects speed of pm's & some type faster than other. Having to sit with a message ready for ages just to have a chance at being first is no fun. Just give people a 20-30 second window to pm 1 random number and wheover is closest goes.  Easy to do and completely random so completely fair.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
yea but i always use PW for trivias ;)
i will think about it.
thanks guys

Offline Tarasque

• i won
  • Faction: Xpendable
I AGREE WITH FEONE +1000000000000000
I'm sitting waiting with that gm name in that chatbox whew..  and then the moment i give up waiting..
"PM EVILTOUCH TO JOIN EVENT"
 :normal-14:
and then if you DON'T sit with gm name in chatbox like that... you know other people are so they will go instead.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I ragequit this event until new system of choosing is utilized.

Offline Harvenger

• *Muffled voice* I swear it's not what you think
Hey all
This is QQ thread. What is it about? Its about the way players are registering for events. I am talking about rule 'the first PM wins'. It applies to all(or at least most) pvp events and others too. I am not mentioning trivia questions ofc, ijs, this is fine. So yeah. Would be nice if GMs could find another way to make events just to let it be fair for everyone cuz not all players have super fast internet connection, some might get lag, even dc, or maybe are just slow writers, ty.
I Agree, I've even typed up what to say and waited for that post and hit enter as fast as I can 5 times, I wasn't even close to getting into that event, if and when we get nation wars added, it'll be more fun, cause everyone can join that.

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
Suggestion: Make a chat room, put password as example 486 first to enter chatroom will go. or you can make it 0-100 aswell. Or same whit a word, make a riddle like : Its the warmest star or w/e and whoever puts sun and enters chat will go.
But random number pm guess is ok too.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Suggestion: Make a chat room, put password as example 486 first to enter chatroom will go. or you can make it 0-100 aswell. Or same whit a word, make a riddle like : Its the warmest star or w/e and whoever puts sun and enters chat will go.
But random number pm guess is ok too.

Well I kinda like the correct answer to be password for the chat room I think they did something similar in another p.server. Again a way it would be easy to solve who really was 1st.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
From reading the comments I do agree with you guys, and think some of you guys have a good ideas and good points. But also imo, I think if your ideas were taken into consideration, it should be a separate event not a changed current one. Getting rid of an event just because some people deem it "not fair" is pretty messed up imo. :/ It's COMPLETELY fair.. Just some (including myself) have bad conditions to participate. Not shooting you guys down. I'm just saying.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

LaceyPip

PvP Events are NEVER easy to host  :-X
always complains, problems, connections, this and that...so they take a lot of time to host.
but we make them ;)

Honestly, I take my hat off to all the GM's because this server , without fail, has its babies, serious babies and UBER babies ...they seem to not have the capability of understanding anything and will no matter what, voice serious discontent and harassment towards the GM's.  Sooooo, I am one with those who thank the GM's for the time and effort they put in, in trying to provide everyone with equal opportunities to take part in all the events.

Just a little side note:  If there is a stipulation on the Trivia event that ONE person can only win ONCE, please try and keep to that rule. Last week one player got two rewards for answering correctly twice in a row, everyone mentioned the rule in world chat and nothing was said in return by the GM's.  Things like that will make people unhappy.

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
From reading the comments I do agree with you guys, and think some of you guys have a good ideas and good points. But also imo, I think if your ideas were taken into consideration, it should be a separate event not a changed current one. Getting rid of an event just because some people deem it "not fair" is pretty messed up imo. :/ It's COMPLETELY fair.. Just some (including myself) have bad conditions to participate. Not shooting you guys down. I'm just saying.

who's talking about getting rid of an event? its just about changing registration form
new account: CookieVookie

Offline Maok

I don't see the problem I was in the event  >:D
But really he told 20 minutes before what you had to do, and 1 minute before he announced registrations were open you could already start typing you name, cause he told us!

Offline Mate

Just to throw ideas out there...what about upon announcing an event, then choose an obscure mat or herb to farm - the first to trade to gm's...

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
I don't see the problem I was in the event  >:D
But really he told 20 minutes before what you had to do, and 1 minute before he announced registrations were open you could already start typing you name, cause he told us!
lag issue can still ruin it this way

to everyone: stop posting ideas of being first to do whatever, thats the thing we want to get rid off >.<
new account: CookieVookie

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
so i was thinking in all of the ideas posted here, i came into some problems with soem of them.

password in chatroom - this would be hard when im looking for a limited number of players cuz if for example i want the first 12 players to guess the password and enter the chatroom will win, there is no way for me to stop people for keep coming in then i will have 15 20 25...etc
i see this idea to be used on some other type of events though, maybe something like a trivia and have like 5 minutes time for people to guess the answer and come inside the chatroom, whoever is inside is rewarded.

the random number - this one actually might work once i find a solution to post the random number that was chosen by the program. im thinking in just posting the SS on Forum.

true and false - it seems to me theres not much effort on guessing true or false due to 2 aspects. 1st is the time aswell as the "first to pm", it doesn't require too much thought so people can just random answer true and false which bring me to the 2nd aspect, theres not an actual searching method here, just random throw your true OR false answer.

trivia - this one can work aswell but if questions are game related, specially to EpicPW. i say this cuz there must be some hardness on beeing picked then.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
lag issue can still ruin it this way

to everyone: stop posting ideas of being first to do whatever, thats the thing we want to get rid off >.<

i can tell u that we used the Forum before for people to Register and no one registered ;) so we canceled an event cuz no one seemed to bother to register on Forum.