Epic Perfect World

Remove weapon requirements for classes that don't use multiple

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
I can't even reply properly because it's still not getting through your thick skull. Numerous people have given responses as to why this is a bad idea, yet you seem set on arguing for the sake of your inability to actually use a script to swap weapons... 
There's a lot to nonsense to unpack here, and it's not worth replying to. Your response is contradiction and straw man arguments.Of course a barb shouldn't be able to ranged arma with a bow, and a sin shouldn't be able to subsea with one either. However, why shouldn't a barb be able to cast violent triumph, a sin cast maze steps, or a seeker cast blade affinity with a bow equipped? None of these skills even have weapon animations attached to them.
As another example, some magic classes literally can't use a single skill without a magic weapon equipped, while others only lose the corresponding magic attack. This appears more like oversight and less like an intended "feature".
The post has been made to be considered by people whose opinion matters, and it's too bad that it's public. Changing the restrictions of what skills require specific weapons across all classes would be a quality of life change / customization on a custom server that doesn't have to adhere to the poor decisions of the original devs.
this post has not been made to be considered by other people... everyone has agreed that it's a really bad idea. Just because it's a custom server, doesn't mean it shouldn't have boundries and limitations to each class. This has nothing to do with the original dev's decision on making the barbarian unable to wield claws/fists weapon. This is more or less you crying because you don't like that you have to sacrifice the ability to use skills while using a weapon that isn't for your class. 

Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

Offline Zebulon_

• Characters: XUmbralLokiX
  • Faction: LOVE
I can't even reply properly because it's still not getting through your thick skull. Numerous people have given responses as to why this is a bad idea, yet you seem set on arguing for the sake of your inability to actually use a script to swap weapons... this post has not been made to be considered by other people... everyone has agreed that it's a really bad idea. Just because it's a custom server, doesn't mean it shouldn't have boundries and limitations to each class. This has nothing to do with the original dev's decision on making the barbarian unable to wield claws/fists weapon. This is more or less you crying because you don't like that you have to sacrifice the ability to use skills while using a weapon that isn't for your class.
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 That's what we all have been saying but like you said this certain individual is set on arguing over something he/she knows isn't gonna happen that's funny to me. But again well said can someone lock this post now? case closed.

Offline Zebulon_

There's a lot to nonsense to unpack here, and it's not worth replying to. Your response is contradiction and straw man arguments.Of course a barb shouldn't be able to ranged arma with a bow, and a sin shouldn't be able to subsea with one either. However, why shouldn't a barb be able to cast violent triumph, a sin cast maze steps, or a seeker cast blade affinity with a bow equipped? None of these skills even have weapon animations attached to them.
As another example, some magic classes literally can't use a single skill without a magic weapon equipped, while others only lose the corresponding magic attack. This appears more like oversight and less like an intended "feature".
The post has been made to be considered by people whose opinion matters, and it's too bad that it's public. Changing the restrictions of what skills require specific weapons across all classes would be a quality of life change / customization on a custom server that doesn't have to adhere to the poor decisions of the original devs.
When we sins use a bow WE CAN"T USE SKILLS EITHER -_- this proves you are jus spouting useless stuff LOL
When we sins use a bow WE CAN"T USE SKILLS EITHER -_- this proves you are jus spouting useless stuff LOL
Yes, you are correct and just repeated what I said after highlighting its quote. Oh, the irony. Please take your time, slow down, and re-read it.

I can't even reply properly because it's still not getting through your thick skull. Numerous people have given responses as to why this is a bad idea, yet you seem set on arguing for the sake of your inability to actually use a script to swap weapons... this post has not been made to be considered by other people... everyone has agreed that it's a really bad idea. Just because it's a custom server, doesn't mean it shouldn't have boundries and limitations to each class. This has nothing to do with the original dev's decision on making the barbarian unable to wield claws/fists weapon. This is more or less you crying because you don't like that you have to sacrifice the ability to use skills while using a weapon that isn't for your class.

I appreciate you chiming in focusing on it as a single class issue like the other poor souls instead of the original point of the thread. Sarcasm aside, thank you for actual feedback. You're right, I'm not agreed with in that instance. I'd be happy to discuss it further, but it'd be beating a dead horse here.

So do you think that those classes (sin, psy, barb, seeker) should only be able to cast skills of any kind with a specific weapon equipped, regardless if it's consistent with other classes? This doesn't only affect off-meta building or equips, but also inconsistent interactions for certain classes. If a seeker is disarmed, for example, they can no longer use any skills, period (http://prntscr.com/osx3e6).

It may not be a difficult change, either. Skills have the weapon restrictions listed quite simply. Below are some examples.
barbarian violent triumph (inconsistent):
http://prntscr.com/osy8kk - says melee weapons but is axe/hammer/unarmed only - does not work with pole/fist
blademaster aeolian blade:
http://prntscr.com/osypkk - says melee weapons but correctly works with all including unarmed
mystic spellbound sting :
http://prntscr.com/osy17g - unarmed, magic instrument
archer awaken:
http://prntscr.com/osxn6l - any
(fun tidbit - it looks like archers can cast all of their non-bow-specific skills regardless of what weapon type is equipped)

I don't believe this was a specifically intended restriction for the particular classes, but rather a side effect of not applying consistency as the game continued to be developed. Hell, even stormbringers can use skills without a weapon equipped. Barbarians have always had the odd restriction and both tideborn classes as well. If I'm not mistaken, "disarm" wasn't a debuff introduced until seekers' 79 skill arme nier, and if disarmed, sins, psychics, and seekers lose the ability to use a single skill.

If it is as simple as it looks, applying the additional options to psychic, barbarian, seeker, duskblade, and sin skills would make their skill options consistent with other classes. (ex: "all" for run skills or "unarmed, magic Instrument" for all psy skills.) Why would a sin need a dagger out to run fast? This isn't counter-strike :))
Arduous

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
Yes, you are correct and just repeated what I said after highlighting its quote. Oh, the irony. Please take your time, slow down, and re-read it.
I appreciate you chiming in focusing on it as a single class issue like the other poor souls instead of the original point of the thread. Sarcasm aside, thank you for actual feedback. You're right, I'm not agreed with in that instance. I'd be happy to discuss it further, but it'd be beating a dead horse here.

So do you think that those classes (sin, psy, barb, seeker) should only be able to cast skills of any kind with a specific weapon equipped, regardless if it's consistent with other classes? This doesn't only affect off-meta building or equips, but also inconsistent interactions for certain classes. If a seeker is disarmed, for example, they can no longer use any skills, period (http://prntscr.com/osx3e6).

It may not be a difficult change, either. Skills have the weapon restrictions listed quite simply. Below are some examples.
barbarian violent triumph (inconsistent):
http://prntscr.com/osy8kk - says melee weapons but is axe/hammer/unarmed only - does not work with pole/fist
blademaster aeolian blade:
http://prntscr.com/osypkk - says melee weapons but correctly works with all including unarmed
mystic spellbound sting :
http://prntscr.com/osy17g - unarmed, magic instrument
archer awaken:
http://prntscr.com/osxn6l - any
(fun tidbit - it looks like archers can cast all of their non-bow-specific skills regardless of what weapon type is equipped)

I don't believe this was a specifically intended restriction for the particular classes, but rather a side effect of not applying consistency as the game continued to be developed. Hell, even stormbringers can use skills without a weapon equipped. Barbarians have always had the odd restriction and both tideborn classes as well. If I'm not mistaken, "disarm" wasn't a debuff introduced until seekers' 79 skill arme nier, and if disarmed, sins, psychics, and seekers lose the ability to use a single skill.

If it is as simple as it looks, applying the additional options to psychic, barbarian, seeker, duskblade, and sin skills would make their skill options consistent with other classes. (ex: "all" for run skills or "unarmed, magic Instrument" for all psy skills.) Why would a sin need a dagger out to run fast? This isn't counter-strike :))
You're still proving my point. Every class has it's restrictions. Archers have been able to use specific skills without having a bow equipped, since before all the new changes... like back before genies existed.. Same with venomancers. Barbarians have always been either strength or vitality builds. They weren't meant to be APS builds, but people do it anyways and in the process, sacrifice the ability to use any of their skills that would enable them to be even more stupidly OP. When they started bringing out new classes they gave them stricter restrictions when it came to using other weapons. Not even sure why we're still having this discussion about other classes and their ability to use weapons outside of their classes, when this thread was originally about you wanting this specific change done for barbarian. So, make up our minds here. Are you wanting changes done to barbarian or all the classes? Because theoretically, I just don't see the point in this post anymore. It's turned into a huge sht post.
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2019, 06:54 am by сɾεṃεヅ
Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

Offline Zebulon_

You're still proving my point. Every class has it's restrictions. Archers have been able to use specific skills without having a bow equipped, since before all the new changes... like back before genies existed.. Same with venomancers. Barbarians have always been either strength or vitality builds. They weren't meant to be APS builds, but people do it anyways and in the process, sacrifice the ability to use any of their skills that would enable them to be even more stupidly OP. When they started bringing out new classes they gave them stricter restrictions when it came to using other weapons. Not even sure we're still having this discussion about other classes and their ability to use weapons outside of their classes, when this thread was originally about you wanting this specific change done for barbarian. So, make up our minds here. Are you wanting changes done to barbarian or all the classes? Because theoretically, I just don't see the point in this post anymore. It's turned into a huge sht post.
Exactly, I've given up up on this post...He doesn't seem to understand it's either one way or the other bottom line no takebacks, you go aps you give up using skills, you go dph you give up aps you can't have it both ways. That's not how it works that's 2 people literally telling you barb was not intended to be APS build and yet in 4-6 hours you're going to attempt another fail rebuttal and provide a example that doesn't prove or empower you're arguement whatsoever, in a feeble attempt to justify more why barbs shouldn't have limited skill use to axes/poleaxes (their primary weapons btw). Like just accept the fact that it serves no purpose other then a selfish and useless want that isn't even a good idea in the first place Barbs are fine how they are 100% you can script from fist to poleaxe/axe way to easy it's 2 buttons swap weapons press attack and you are good to go. It turned into a huge sht post because I have shot down all his attempts (excuses) why barb should be able to use fist AND skills at the same time, literally would bust the game down to a whole new level. 
For example: Why barbs can't use skills with fist -_- they would destroy everything with 1000% ease
My barb currently in game right now and we can test it in game anytime you are on....is hitting my friend Umbral 2.3k crits with 50 atk lvls and barb buff and fire pot now if you throw in the debuff from Penetrate armor would amp this by alot+ primal mighty swing with a cooldown time of 6 seconds (feel free to check in game and this is a alt char) primal mighty swing never misses and it immoblizes or stuns either or...Now if you can use skills with fist you just broke the game 100% because now you can pretty much stunlock anything in the game with a stun or immoblize every 6 seconds...dude NO if you don't realize by how nerfed BM or why primal quadrature was removed from game because it was 1hitting people with ease. So given that example 2.3ks in a 4.00 aps build on a barb with no endgame ornaments will kill anything in seconds and like I said that's a alt. It's broken, it won't get changed suck it up and move on man it's not needed aps barb is still currently the top aps class in 1v1. No need to try and break the server anymore then it already is.

Offline Leftist

• Future seeker
Barbs are originally made to tank and deal damage via str.. If you really love aps.. Then it's either shut up and play your dex barb or, play sin period.. 
They see me rolling, they hating..