Epic Perfect World

Remove weapon requirements for classes that don't use multiple

The more I play APS barb, the more I find it silly that I can't use a single skill without an axe or hammer equipped. The server even supports the option to go APS on a Barbarian with fixed R8R gear. While I'd find it best to even be able to cast most/all skills with fists, notably skills like True Form and Bestial Rage should not have a weapon requirement. Mo Zun's Taunt and Master Li's Technique can be cast regardless of what is equipped, or even if anything is equipped, so it may not even be a tricky change to implement.

There are other classes that suffer a similar fate (sin, seek, etc). I believe it would make sense for skills such as Windpush or Unfetter (run skills) to always be available.
Arduous

Offline iFraankenstein乡

• 🉐Ali㊙
  • Dont Touch Me
  • Faction: Raiders✘ #1
+1.           

Offline FuIlNerd

• lBakul
  • Blink Best GM
  • Characters: FullNerd | Baku
  • Faction: Nostalgia | Amatsu
Honestly I +1 this
Old Player might come back soon.

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
I don't think this'd be allowed for balance purposes.
:)

Offline FuIlNerd

• lBakul
  • Blink Best GM
  • Characters: FullNerd | Baku
  • Faction: Nostalgia | Amatsu
Balance ain't even on the server anymore that went out the window back in 2k16  :))
Old Player might come back soon.

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
The more I play APS barb, the more I find it silly that I can't use a single skill without an axe or hammer equipped. The server even supports the option to go APS on a Barbarian with fixed R8R gear. While I'd find it best to even be able to cast most/all skills with fists, notably skills like True Form and Bestial Rage should not have a weapon requirement. Mo Zun's Taunt and Master Li's Technique can be cast regardless of what is equipped, or even if anything is equipped, so it may not even be a tricky change to implement.

There are other classes that suffer a similar fate (sin, seek, etc). I believe it would make sense for skills such as Windpush or Unfetter (run skills) to always be available.
aps barbs aren't able to use their skills while using claws/fists, because it would be absolutely more broken... if you're wanting to be aps, then you sacrifice the loss of being able to use any skills. you wanna use skills, equip the poleaxe/axes. has been like this for years. definitely a -1 on that idea. 
Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

Offline Zebulon_

• Characters: XUmbralLokiX
  • Faction: LOVE
aps barbs aren't able to use their skills while using claws/fists, because it would be absolutely more broken... if you're wanting to be aps, then you sacrifice the loss of being able to use any skills. you wanna use skills, equip the poleaxe/axes. has been like this for years. definitely a -1 on that idea.
Exactly...aps is literal swap to poleaxe/axe stun and back to aps weapon...why need to use skills when apsing? yet another useless forum post :/ 

Offline NeeT

• E(nergy)=M(ilk)*C(offe)2
  • SoSayWeAll
  • Characters: Lachesis, Atropus, JustOneFishy, ...
  • Faction: WB, Mariteam, Autumn
Wep req is okay if you know your toon.
(haha, JustOneFishy has a magic sword, nice, psybtch)
Date Registered: May 29, 2013, 07:55 am

Offline Aveza

• Faction: Akatsuki

Yea if barb can use at last stun and anti stun in fist be super

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
why stop at fists? why not allow them to use their skills with a bow? no reason why you should have to run into a group and use arma when you can do it 20m away.

on a more serious note, -1

Offline iFraankenstein乡

• 🉐Ali㊙
  • Dont Touch Me
  • Faction: Raiders✘ #1
why stop at fists? why not allow them to use their skills with a bow? no reason why you should have to run into a group and use arma when you can do it 20m away.

Because logically many of their skills should be usable regardless of the melee weapon equipped. Why would a barb not be able to transform with a weapon other than hammers on? They can transform with no weapon equipped. What would melee weapon type have to do with swinging a weapon other than its range?

Exactly...aps is literal swap to poleaxe/axe stun and back to aps weapon...why need to use skills when apsing? yet another useless forum post :/
If swapping weren't delayed that'd be fine. And as an example, there are skills that BMs can use regardless of the weapon equipped. They're universal skills.

While there were a couple back in the day, I haven't seen a single APS barb in pvp since returning to Epic and it's been months. It's weak and clunky, but it'd be less clunky with some love given to it.
Arduous

Offline Zebulon_

Because logically many of their skills should be usable regardless of the melee weapon equipped. Why would a barb not be able to transform with a weapon other than hammers on? They can transform with no weapon equipped. What would melee weapon type have to do with swinging a weapon other than its range?
If swapping weren't delayed that'd be fine. And as an example, there are skills that BMs can use regardless of the weapon equipped. They're universal skills.
While there were a couple back in the day, I haven't seen a single APS barb in pvp since returning to Epic and it's been months. It's weak and clunky, but it'd be less clunky with some love given to it.
dude no...you want to make barb like a bm? then play a bm...domgrath did it just fine and he is the king of nerf this nerf that post and he didn't have a issue with swapping weapons+ you can script in game with a click of a button. 
If they were suppose to use their skills regardless of the weapon then the creators would have made them also a multi path class like BM you can't compare 2 classes that ideally have 2 different playstyles anyway.
Bm is a multi path class you can build in a numerous amout of ways, and EPW being a Pserver amplifies that customization option somewhat, you want more classes to be multi path then write a letter to the creators. Barb is ideally meant to be a tank it wasn't until someone on retail went demon str barb and that caught on and became a norm and sage tank (chi pole) became used in Specific instances.
melee type shouldn't be a factor but it is, what you want is a 100% change of coding, and swapping isn't delayed you just have bad net . So uhh -1 because I didn't do that before. It's not viable and no reason to actually look into it because that's how it is server wide anyway and then other servers don't even have aps barbs they are all full str so you get what you get and you quit throwing a fit, In other words it's not broke so quit trying to fix it. Who cares if your the only aps barb on server does your gameplay rely on other people? that is sad if it does. 
dude no...you want to make barb like a bm? then play a bm...domgrath did it just fine and he is the king of nerf this nerf that post and he didn't have a issue with swapping weapons+ you can script in game with a click of a button.
If they were suppose to use their skills regardless of the weapon then the creators would have made them also a multi path class like BM you can't compare 2 classes that ideally have 2 different playstyles anyway.
Bm is a multi path class you can build in a numerous amout of ways, and EPW being a Pserver amplifies that customization option somewhat, you want more classes to be multi path then write a letter to the creators. Barb is ideally meant to be a tank it wasn't until someone on retail went demon str barb and that caught on and became a norm and sage tank (chi pole) became used in Specific instances.
melee type shouldn't be a factor but it is, what you want is a 100% change of coding, and swapping isn't delayed you just have bad net . So uhh -1 because I didn't do that before. It's not viable and no reason to actually look into it because that's how it is server wide anyway and then other servers don't even have aps barbs they are all full str so you get what you get and you quit throwing a fit, In other words it's not broke so quit trying to fix it. Who cares if your the only aps barb on server does your gameplay rely on other people? that is sad if it does.
There's a lot to nonsense to unpack here, and it's not worth replying to. Your response is contradiction and straw man arguments.

Of course a barb shouldn't be able to ranged arma with a bow, and a sin shouldn't be able to subsea with one either. However, why shouldn't a barb be able to cast violent triumph, a sin cast maze steps, or a seeker cast blade affinity with a bow equipped? None of these skills even have weapon animations attached to them.
As another example, some magic classes literally can't use a single skill without a magic weapon equipped, while others only lose the corresponding magic attack. This appears more like oversight and less like an intended "feature".
The post has been made to be considered by people whose opinion matters, and it's too bad that it's public. Changing the restrictions of what skills require specific weapons across all classes would be a quality of life change / customization on a custom server that doesn't have to adhere to the poor decisions of the original devs.
Arduous

Offline Zebulon_

There's a lot to nonsense to unpack here, and it's not worth replying to. Your response is contradiction and straw man arguments.Of course a barb shouldn't be able to ranged arma with a bow, and a sin shouldn't be able to subsea with one either. However, why shouldn't a barb be able to cast violent triumph, a sin cast maze steps, or a seeker cast blade affinity with a bow equipped? None of these skills even have weapon animations attached to them.
As another example, some magic classes literally can't use a single skill without a magic weapon equipped, while others only lose the corresponding magic attack. This appears more like oversight and less like an intended "feature".
The post has been made to be considered by people whose opinion matters, and it's too bad that it's public. Changing the restrictions of what skills require specific weapons across all classes would be a quality of life change / customization on a custom server that doesn't have to adhere to the poor decisions of the original devs.
Right...case closed lol
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 03:08 am by Zebulon_