Epic Perfect World

Bug regarding flights and flight speeds. (Research results)

Offline Buffy

• Characters: BuffyKing, ENTITY, NoPainNoGame
  • Faction: LOVE Leader
       I have been very annoyed by the fact that my mounts are all useless now because of the broken flight speeds so I have decided to conduct my own research on their speeds the results are quite shocking.

Here's what my research on the new flight speeds has uncovered:

CHEAP FLIGHT (Bought from flights npc) has a normal speed of 12 and an accelerated speed of 14.5.

RARE FLIGHT (Bought with (15 gold) Flight Token OR ET has a normal speed of 12 and an accelerated speed of 18.

Yes you've heard right, rare flights have a speed of 18 m/s, 3 m/s faster than MAX SPEED (It is stated that holy path gives you max speed which is 15.0 m/s)

(For more info about how the experiments were conducted add me on discord (Xexon1337 #8724) or pm me on BuffyKing).

Offline Exforge

• literal poop
  • Characters: Exforge
I think Panda (or Nea?) already addressed this one. It's supposed to be 18 because the flight speed is not supposed to be 15 but +15

so the base speed is 3, so 3 15 = 18, which is the result of your research.

And then there's speedstart added as well, so it's always going to be 18 now, I believe (with rare flights).

Finally, in whatever case, don't rely on what's written because Burdette may have edited the actual speed without editing the specifications of the flight (I mean, not everyone reads the descriptions lol. I know I don't)
thank you khaede for cutie chibi avatar

Offline Buffy

What's the point in having mounts if flights are faster than them? flights are like a mount that both flies and is faster. I don't see any point in them existing,

Offline Exforge

• literal poop
What's the point in having mounts if flights are faster than them? flights are like a mount that both flies and is faster. I don't see any point in them existing,
A lot of people play for aesthetic purposes. I personally don't, but you see a huge population of people willing to donate for cosmetic purposes (i.e. custom weapons, etc). Even people buying UI and .ini are a thing (the former more than the latter). Mada being a graphic developer also (kinda????) helped with luring people back to EPW because of the unique content. Even homestead helped in terms of this one. That entire patch simply flopped because of the new gear thingy, but we're past that already

Fashion events used to be a thing bc a lot of people like making things pretty as well. These kinds of useless things are what people sign up for because PW offers it. It's not always about PvP and PvE in here.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2019, 09:48 am by mErDzKy09

Offline Buffy

Yeah but I don't see it's the right thing to do, to turn all those mounts into something cosmetic.

Offline GIGADEV

• ♡̶
  • dev • Shawty • Art
Yeah but I don't see it's the right thing to do, to turn all those mounts into something cosmetic.
they've always been cosmetic..? mounts and flights are just there for means of travelling around the game, and to look good while doing so, but they don't serve much purpose on PW, compared to games like Guild Wars 2 where you need 5 mounts just to jump further, fly around, etc other utilities. 
as far as I know no one cares for the speed difference between flights and mounts, as long as they actually have something to use lol

Offline Exforge

• literal poop
they've always been cosmetic..? mounts and flights are just there for means of travelling around the game, and to look good while doing so, but they don't serve much purpose on PW, compared to games like Guild Wars 2 where you need 5 mounts just to jump further, fly around, etc other utilities.
as far as I know no one cares for the speed difference between flights and mounts, as long as they actually have something to use lol
Basically this. Additionally, I don't think flights are flying mounts because you can do something while using it (i.e. use skills and actually fight lol). You can't do that with mounts. You can even get dismounted once you go into battle mode. Flights simply have more functionality, so when you think about it, it (kinda) actually makes sense that it's faster

Offline Buffy

I think Panda (or Nea?) already addressed this one. It's supposed to be 18 because the flight speed is not supposed to be 15 but +15

so the base speed is 3, so 3 + 15 = 18, which is the result of your research.

And then there's speedstart added as well, so it's always going to be 18 now, I believe (with rare flights).

Finally, in whatever case, don't rely on what's written because Burdette may have edited the actual speed without editing the specifications of the flight (I mean, not everyone reads the descriptions lol. I know I don't)
Wrong assumption btw, I just noticed xD.
My barb's base speed is 6.2 in nornal form and 10.6 in panda.

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
there are some places where you can mount, but NOT fly.
:)

Offline Zebulon_

• Characters: XUmbralLokiX
  • Faction: LOVE
Your conducting research for something trivial...it's a private server....Mounts are there to help noobs get around, flights are more common and useful because you can pvp on a flight, some pve contents allows you to mount but you can't use a flight so it has it's uses. This post wasn't needed though lol.