Epic Perfect World

A suggestion about PK

Offline Jammy

• Jam
  • Yo
Hey guys wazzaup. Anywho

I personally believe PK is in a sorry state. Everyone generally congregates to specific locations to PK (I am guilty of doing this myself, but simply because it was the current I eventually was forced to swim in) and that gets very monotonous and melancholic praying to the deities up above the EPW skies to bless me with some entertainment as I stand in the same spot like a hopeful dog dribbling with optimism, when I'm mostly faced with bullcrap of an excuse for PK over and over.

I don't know what would make things seem more real, and authentic, but, I propose you put some of the crystals that could be found in Night Scream across the open map? Or do something along those sort of lines? Maybe people would venture outside safe zone and actually put the open map to good use? Sort of like, a permanent or much longer version of rancor in some sort of way that would draw in the players and hopefully some PKers?

Like the high risk high reward sort of thing
Yo

Offline Benji

Make Tellus a pk spot. Shot some crystals in, just for fun.
Let the battle begin.

That would give quite a go on a pk world for some time.

Khm khm, add NS souls as well while we are at it.
Wide ground, city, tunnels, crystals, souls.
Weeeew lets go.

Offline xHellSpawNx

• I Make Angels Scream...and Devils Cry
hell yeah i am in for it !!!  >:D  ;D :P
xHellSpawNx-150 Sage Seeker r8
DaGGerioN -150 Demon Sin r8

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
He wasn't talking about JUST Tellus.... That idea of using the entire map is a great idea... So much of it is just going to waste.

I propose you put some of the crystals that could be found in Night Scream across the open map?
Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
I see what you're saying, standing around waiting for pk has become kind of stale and boring but there is still plenty of fun pk to be had in these areas. I had some BM full rage me last night because he lost against me, said I was sh** because I used tiger form too much, it was freaking hillarious xD
The problem with what you want is that this game lacks any real PvE Element, therefore the non populated pk enabled areas are not often traversed. Even introducing crystals to those areas wont help because people who want those crytals want them for 1 reason; EC. And they will go there Blue named to get it. So you're not really introducing any new PK areas, just somewhere for the PvP monsters amongst us who are looking for easy pickings from people who don't go blue named. And even then they will be far and few between because the world map is so big. You could force white name but then we already have that, its called NS. What exactly do you want? Fun in PK? I'm afraid the GM's can't offer you that, that's down to you! They already give us forced white name areas that attract newbies to kill, they give us 1v1 events, they give us team pvp events, they give us plenty of PK Areas with training dummys, they give us TW, in the new Sirens patch theres another PK element i think.  there is very little more they can actually offer you, it's down to you to enjoy it. If it's that boring for you then I'm afraid to say maybe this is not enough anymore? There's a reason PWI has such a hge player base, it's because it's challenging. Let's face it EPW is far from a challenging game, but some people like that
Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:18 pm by Barbie

Offline Benji

He wasn't talking about JUST Tellus.... That idea of using the entire map is a great idea... So much of it is just going to waste.

I know what he said.
That however is most likely never to happen.
And that is why i said Tellus, changing only that wont affect the whole map, but it will create the new and fun pk area.

Offline Therras

• Papi.
I totally like this idea. Pk is so dead nowadays or either you find a +10 squad full buffs, or you suck at pk.

Offline Jammy

• Jam
  • Yo
I see what you're saying, standing around waiting for pk has become kind of stale and boring but there is still plenty of fun pk to be had in these areas. I had some BM full rage me last night because he lost against me, said I was sh** because I used tiger form too much, it has freaking hillarious xD
The problem with what you want is that this game lacks any real PvE Element, therefore the non populated pk enabled areas are not often traversed. Even introducing crystals to those areas wont help because people who want those crytals want them for 1 reason; EC. And they will go there Blue named to get it. So you're not really introducing any new PK areas, just somewhere for the PvP monsters amongst us who are looking for easy pickings from people who don't go blue named. And even then they will be far and few between because the world map is so big. You could force white name but then we already have that, its called NS. What exactly do you want? Fun in PK? I'm afraid the GM'd can't offer you that, they already give us forced white name areas that attract newbies to kill, they give us 1v1 events, they give us team pvp events, they give us plenty of PK Areas with training dummys, they give us TW, in the new Sirens patch theres another PK element i think.  there is very little more they can actually offer you, it's down to you to enjoy it. If it's that boring for you then I'm afraid to say maybe this is not enough anymore? There's a reason PWI has such a hge player base, it's because it's challenging. Let's face it EPW is far from a challenging game, but some people like that

There is fun to be had in these areas still indeed, but if you PK as much as I do, 1% of your time spent PKing is enjoyable, while the rest of it is being killed by buffed people in squads same place same way all the time. I'm not bashing on anyone for doing it, but for someone who spends basically all his online time PKing aside from when he makes a new char due to being bored from the lack of interesting PK, it's excruciatingly painful.

I'm not after easy pickings I rarely disturb those who I feel need not be bothered by my gracious wand or axe, and I'm usually alone. And when you are obsessively PKing like me, you will soon start to see what I mean
Yo

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Hey guys wazzaup. Anywho

I personally believe PK is in a sorry state. Everyone generally congregates to specific locations to PK (I am guilty of doing this myself, but simply because it was the current I eventually was forced to swim in) and that gets very monotonous and melancholic praying to the deities up above the EPW skies to bless me with some entertainment as I stand in the same spot like a hopeful dog dribbling with optimism, when I'm mostly faced with bullcrap of an excuse for PK over and over.

I don't know what would make things seem more real, and authentic, but, I propose you put some of the crystals that could be found in Night Scream across the open map? Or do something along those sort of lines? Maybe people would venture outside safe zone and actually put the open map to good use? Sort of like, a permanent or much longer version of rancor in some sort of way that would draw in the players and hopefully some PKers?

Like the high risk high reward sort of thing
I rarely PK, but it seems all a good idea to me! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Therras

• Papi.
There is fun to be had in these areas still indeed, but if you PK as much as I do, 1% of your time spent PKing is enjoyable, while the rest of it is being killed by buffed people in squads same place same way all the time. I'm not bashing on anyone for doing it, but for someone who spends basically all his online time PKing aside from when he makes a new char due to being bored from the lack of interesting PK, it's excruciatingly painful.

I'm not after easy pickings I rarely disturb those who I feel need not be bothered by my gracious wand or axe, and I'm usually alone. And when you are obsessively PKing like me, you will soon start to see what I mean
oh man, I feel like going homo just for you.

Offline Sumi

• I know you better than you know yourself
  • Characters: Sumiko, Immune, Adrestria
  • Faction: What's a Faction?
I see what you're saying, standing around waiting for pk has become kind of stale and boring but there is still plenty of fun pk to be had in these areas. I had some BM full rage me last night because he lost against me, said I was sh** because I used tiger form too much, it was freaking hillarious xD
The problem with what you want is that this game lacks any real PvE Element, therefore the non populated pk enabled areas are not often traversed. Even introducing crystals to those areas wont help because people who want those crytals want them for 1 reason; EC. And they will go there Blue named to get it. So you're not really introducing any new PK areas, just somewhere for the PvP monsters amongst us who are looking for easy pickings from people who don't go blue named. And even then they will be far and few between because the world map is so big. You could force white name but then we already have that, its called NS. What exactly do you want? Fun in PK? I'm afraid the GM's can't offer you that, that's down to you! They already give us forced white name areas that attract newbies to kill, they give us 1v1 events, they give us team pvp events, they give us plenty of PK Areas with training dummys, they give us TW, in the new Sirens patch theres another PK element i think.  there is very little more they can actually offer you, it's down to you to enjoy it. If it's that boring for you then I'm afraid to say maybe this is not enough anymore? There's a reason PWI has such a hge player base, it's because it's challenging. Let's face it EPW is far from a challenging game, but some people like that

What Barbie's saying makes sense, but Jam's idea is a good one. The SoW patch, may probably contain Nation Wars which is like a big game of capture the flag basically, so maybe that would make pk more interesting? I never got over the thrill of being on the winning Nation on PWI, so maybe there will be some form of change. :tiger-25:

And hopefully it doesn't kill the server like it did PWI :tiger-31:

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
If u put crystal on open map 5349534953 blue names gonna farm there 24/7 cuz u cant kill them there.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
The SoW patch, may probably contain Nation Wars which is like a big game of capture the flag basically, so maybe that would make pk more interesting?
Imo NW rewards should not be plain EC but other items
raps/cannies, devil wood/heaven cotton, mount tickets, flyer tokens, maybe even event tokens for a high price
esos, big notes, WOB, the list goes on and on and on.

Maybe even morai skills???? idfk.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me

I acknowledge you are not after easy pickings, I was just pointing out what it would be likely to be used for. Go anywhere like OHT or where the base quests are and you will find some r8 sin flying about sniffing out those noobies! I will agree that you do get ganked sometimes, it is annoying but there's not much you can do about it. I find the gankings occur more in west archo and NS, where the quiter places like orchid temple or silverpool are generally ok. I would suggest a 1v1 arena somewhere but then who will be around to enforce that rule? I always visit PK areas everyday so I already know what you mean and I welcome any idea to make PK more fun. However spreading out Crystals is wrong for the following reason: What you are wanting to do is bring people out of the more condensed areas to PK which is fine. But the people who want those crystals want EC, not PK so you are luring them out into dangerous areas and thats just NS all over again, which as afore mentioned, is a huge ganking spot. You need to introduce something else, Basilisks idea with the NS souls may work, but then, that's not a true 1 on 1 because the extra souls provide variable benefits and people may decide they don't want that for a 'true' pvp match, see what i mean?

Offline Sumi

• I know you better than you know yourself
  • Characters: Sumiko, Immune, Adrestria
  • Faction: What's a Faction?
Imo NW rewards should not be plain EC but other items
raps/cannies, devil wood/heaven cotton, mount tickets, flyer tokens, maybe even event tokens for a high price
esos, big notes, WOB, the list goes on and on and on.

Maybe even morai skills???? idfk.

^THIS!

NW, reduced the cost of raps and cannies on pwi...and let's just say everything went down the proverbial drain after that..
Reason why I RQ :normal-43: